Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who had the easiest route to becoming an elite martial artist?

Default who had the easiest route to becoming an elite martial artist?

From the time we get introduced to Qiao Feng, he is already established as amazing powerful with little to adequate detail about how he got there.

Xu Zhu luckily gets 70 years of Internal energy and then even more later all by chance and happenstance.

ZWJ stumbles onto 9yang and QKJDN. However, he did suffer from the xuan elder's palm and plus his parents both committed suicide.

GJ accidently learns all of 9yin. Gets the opportunity of a lifetime becoming a disciple of Hong Qigong and learnign the 18 dragon palm.

YG gets his hand cut off and is seperated from his loved one to learn the good stuff.

How had the easiest route to becoming an elite martial artist? My vote goes for XU Zhu

My picks:

1. Xuzhu

2. Linghu Chong

3. Duan Yu
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    My picks:

1. Xuzhu

2. Linghu Chong

3. Duan Yu
    Hmmm, depends on if you define the question as 'what is' or 'who had' the easiest route. OK, so XZ takes the cake easily but for say LHC and esp. DY, they had to already have the talent to understand the hyper advanced arts they were gifted with.

If XZ or GJ or even LHC and YG were given the Xiao Yao scroll which DY had, they might not have the necessary brains or the understanding of the I-Ching to make it work.

I guess one way to guarantee martial supremacy is by birth and circumstance :

If one was the illegitimate child of :

1. Biological Father who is Abbot of Shaolin or Head of Wudang

2. Biological Mother who was the Holy Princess Virgin Saint of The Evil Demon Nemesis Miscreant Assassin Cult and only daughter of the said Cult's Founder.

3. Brought up by foster father who had lousy martial arts

4. Had pretty martial sister who he is deeply in love with

5. Said martial sister is being eyed by rich scion of prominent martial family

6. Has birthmark on his body which identifys him as offspring of Holy Princess Virgin Saint

7. Was constantly bullied by in his youth

8. Suffered injury from the Mighty Great Flaming Ice Yin-Yang Qian-Kun Solitary Blade Tai-Chi Foot of The Evil Demon Nemesis Miscreant Assassin Cult

9. Encountered mysterious but dying Shaolin Elder and Wudang Senior who attempts unsuccessfully to heal him from injury sufferred in #8 with their school's inner power while passing him a music scroll or chess manual which they created

10. Falls of cliff into the hidden water cave of some ancient divine sect whose last survivor is a beautiful maiden of 18 years age.

I would bet he would end up being mightily powerful by about episode 14 of 20.

Xuzhu wins. That amount of internal energy easily outweights others' lucky encouters.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88 View Post
    Xuzhu wins. That amount of internal energy easily outweights others' lucky encouters.
    Agreed.

Xuzhu basically was given hacks.

Xu Zhu may gave the luckiest encounters, but was it the "easiest" way to get to that level? IMO he also put in quite a lot of effort with Tianshan Arts etc.

I think Duan Yu takes the "easiest" route.

Banned

what I dont understand how the hell he managed to learn tianshan zhemei shou and tianshan wuyang zhang, both are extremely sophisticated martial arts, xuzhu was so dumb that he could not master basic shaolin moves. so it was just because he had high internal suddenly hes a martial arts genius?

1) Xu Zhu (luck)

2) Duan Yu (luck)

3) Xiao Feng (groomed)

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Fu ): View Post
    what I dont understand how the hell he managed to learn tianshan zhemei shou and tianshan wuyang zhang, both are extremely sophisticated martial arts, xuzhu was so dumb that he could not master basic shaolin moves. so it was just because he had high internal suddenly hes a martial arts genius?
    In Jin Yong's earlier novels (before SPW), it seems that internal energy is the holy grail of everything. Once you have high internal energy, you can master almost every technique with relative ease. This is what happened to Xuzhu.

In HSDS, Zhang Sanfeng thought: "It's no big deal that Wuji can instantly grasp my Taiji art, because he already possesses great internal energy and is smart."
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

This may be the only topics in all the forums in all of the internet where it would legitimately be appropriate to say the following:

Cut off your wang

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    In Jin Yong's earlier novels (before SPW), it seems that internal energy is the holy grail of everything. Once you have high internal energy, you can master almost every technique with relative ease. This is what happened to Xuzhu.

In HSDS, Zhang Sanfeng thought: "It's no big deal that Wuji can instantly grasp my Taiji art, because he already possesses great internal energyand is smart."
    having high internal energy allows you the physical capaticty to "master" an art. but don't ignore the importance of being "smart" . Before you can "master" the art, you must still "learn" it. Xu Zhu lacked the intial criteria.
    Last edited by S Beaver; 09-17-08 at 07:57 PM.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    Xu Zhu may gave the luckiest encounters, but was it the "easiest" way to get to that level? IMO he also put in quite a lot of effort with Tianshan Arts etc.

I think Duan Yu takes the "easiest" route.
    Duan Yu still had to "learn" LBWB, BMSG, and 6MSJ. The fact that he had fateful encounters does not nullify that.

Xuzhu was given incredibly powerful martial arts for being terrible at weiqi.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Duan Yu still had to "learn" LBWB, BMSG, and 6MSJ. The fact that he had fateful encounters does not nullify that.

Xuzhu was given incredibly powerful martial arts for being terrible at weiqi.

But Duan Yu did not spend months on end trying to learn arts. Xuzhu had to learn it from TSTL, then spend months at Lingjiu Palace learning TSTL's arts.

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    8. Suffered injury from the Mighty Great Flaming Ice Yin-Yang Qian-Kun Solitary Blade Tai-Chi Foot of The Evil Demon Nemesis Miscreant Assassin Cult
    This almost made me spit cereal all over my keyboard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aventinus
    This may be the only topics in all the forums in all of the internet where it would legitimately be appropriate to say the following:

Cut off your wang
    That thought occurred to me, too.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Duan Yu shouldn't be counted because he is not really an elite martial artist.
    ..ext88

Banned

ren wo xing would totally pwn duan yu.

Lol oh wow... But his performance at the end of DGSD, I think thats very awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by flamer View Post
    But Duan Yu did not spend months on end trying to learn arts. Xuzhu had to learn it from TSTL, then spend months at Lingjiu Palace learning TSTL's arts.
    Doesn't mean that his route is 'easier.'

He had to legitimately learn BMSG and LBWB before he could be an elite martial artist. Learning 6MSJ is also no cakewalk. Just because he's much smarter than Xu Zhu and can do it doesn't make the feat any 'easier.'

Put it this way, Xu Zhu didn't have to learn any of those arts in order to be an 'elite martial artist.' Even if he just strutted around with all of that internal energy, he would still have been elite.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Doesn't mean that his route is 'easier.'

He had to legitimately learn BMSG and LBWB before he could be an elite martial artist. Learning 6MSJ is also no cakewalk. Just because he's much smarter than Xu Zhu and can do it doesn't make the feat any 'easier.'

Put it this way, Xu Zhu didn't have to learn any of those arts in order to be an 'elite martial artist.' Even if he just strutted around with all of that internal energy, he would still have been elite.
    not necessarily. internal energy isn't all that helpful if you didn't know how to use it. ie. Jue Yuan.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

That's only because JY had "merely" Great level internal energy.

XZ had so much internal energy that even Great level fighters like JMZ had trouble damaging him without using an edged weapon.