Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Beyond the Realm of Conscience 《宮心計》

Did anyone notice Tavia's costume in episode 3? It's the same one she wore in Twin of Brothers (the pink and yellow one).

Yup, indeed it was. I've noticed it when the TVB official screen captures were released. But TVB reuse outfits all the time. And Twin of Brothers was set during the Sui/Tang Dynasties so it makes since that they will reuse the outfits anyway.

I think if you hate Charmaine or any actors and actresses in this series, just keep it to yourself. Others people don't care about your opinions anyway. Everyone has their own point of view on an actor, an actress, a series, or a drama even a song or an article on anything. If you don't want to watch this series because of Charmaine, you don't have too and there's still Born Rich for you to watch or you can just watch Beyond the Realm of Conscience and skip Charmaine's scenes. That's all! I don't see the point in bashing the artistes just because they can't act and you don't like them. For me, overall, I see the series is good at the beginning. Love it! I feel bad for Crystal's role though. She died so early !

So far i have only been able to watch 8 episodes. You guys are right. Kevin's character is so boring here. I dont really like Moses either. Seeing these male characters every other series bores the hell out of me. But the series is interesting. Charmaine looks pretty. She's pretty for her age.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

My favourite character would be 'Grand Empress Dowager Guo'. Susan Tse is amazing. Every time, the Grand Empress Dowager Guo makes an appearance, she really shines.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

I'm really tire of charmaine, don't tvb have anybody else. Some of the support case are even better than she is

I like Grand Empress Dowager Guo too! She has great screen presence here like Susan had in Rosy Business. I was looking in wikipeadia and found that Grand Empress Dowager Guo is the granddaughter of the general Guo Zi Yi and her mother is a Tang princess. No wonder she acts like she owns the world!

Great job, Susan! Hope she gets Best Supporting Actress Award for either series!

I'm still stuck at ep 4. I feel very bad for Gam Ling at the moment. No wonder she becomes so insecure. Poor Gam Ling!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Just finished watching episode 10, kinda funny at how the scriptwriters laboured so hard to get the servant maids to be involved in so much of the palace intrigue......

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Hard to summarize how I feel. This show is interesting with some good acting, but the plot really plods on slowly. If every little decision causes the entire contingion of maids to stop work, kneel, or protest to get their way, I would fire all of them and get a new obedient group. Palace is not a democracy - word of the empress/emperor is law.

I find it funny how even though the main character is the lowest-ranked maid, she can still roam around freely as if she has all the time in the world, have authority to get and take medicine, hang around with guys, and talk back to high-ranked officials. And in episode 16, she wears this golden cloak that makes her totally look like a concubine already. I think this series is too exaggerated with the costumes.

It is pretty hilarious how democratic this Tang court is, where the maid can run right up the emperor

click to show/hide spoilers
    in Ep 16, where Gam Ling can run right up to emperor and demand to know where Gam Ling went.

Only Susan Tse as Dowager Guo showed real authority - no one in the series has been able to match her aura as royalty.

click to show spoilers in Ep 16, where Gam Ling can run right up to emperor and demand to know where Gam Ling went.

Um....You mean 3Ho.
    有了你開心D乜都清心滿意鹹魚白菜也好好味

i rewatched the beginning of the first episode. it's a shame that sam-ho marries the king in the end. kings and their concubines. he doesn't even need that much! and why would she marry him anyways? what happened to officer ko?
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanKiddo View Post
    i rewatched the beginning of the first episode. it's a shame that sam-ho marries the king in the end. kings and their concubines. he doesn't even need that much! and why would she marry him anyways? what happened to officer ko?
    lolz that's how all the conflicts starts. Kings and their many cocumbines.

I am not sure but when they were filming the series, it was said that Sam ho marries the king but she still loves Kevin. They struggle to leave the palace but had many encounters. I hope they will have a happy ending.

I hope the emperor will cherish Tavia later on. She's evil but she deserves to be love too.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanKiddo View Post
    If I'm not wrong, supposely at that time Charmaine(sam ho) and Kevin(officer Ko) married and sam ho pregnant and officer Ko helps the king doing something again the evil enunch and fall off the mountain.
    sam ho married to the king is cause she got blame like no husband not pregnant so the king to help sam ho save her prepsentation and also to pay back what officer did for him to save officer ko's wife and child
    Last edited by JulianKevin; 11-13-09 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianKevin View Post
    If I'm not wrong, supposely at that time Charmaine(sam ho) and Kevin(officer Ko) married and sam ho pregnant and officer Ko helps the king doing something again the evil enunch and fall off the mountain.
    sam ho married to the king is cause she got blame like no husband not pregnant so the king to help sam ho save her prepsentation and also to pay back what officer did for him to save officer ko's wife and child
    I am not sure but i thought i heard that they are supposed to get back together later on and try to escape the palace.
    Last edited by tuoimongmo2007; 11-12-09 at 09:52 PM.

SERIOUSLY, YA'LL SHOULD STOP POSTING SPOILERS...WHETHER THEY ARE CONFIRMED OR NOT. JUS USE THE SPOILER OPTION AVAIABLE TO HIDE IT SO PEOPLE CAN CHOOSE TO READ IT OR NOT. BE CONSIDERATE, THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by JulianKevin View Post

sorry for the spoiler things. but it's a relief to know that the king didn't like force/trick her into marrying him. and she still loves officer ko. i was almost compelled to stop watching after realizing that she'll just end up with the king at the end and officer ko would be so lonely!
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

Really sorry, forgot to put in spoiler tags . But you guys DON"T need to be so rude!

Are you referring to me when you say "you guys?" I was not rude...or at least I didnt intend to. I simply asked yall to stop posting so many spoilers and asked that yall be considerate!