Page 27 of 87 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829303132333435363777 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber-2008

According to this article, HSDS will start filming around mid-October of this year. Filming will take place at Mount Wudang, Mount Wuyi, and Peach Flower Island.

You got be kidding that lYF is gonna be back.

I am dissapointed that Ady might not be ZM. eh,..
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Wtf? Where'd you read that LYF is coming back? I was kinda hoping she'd, like, finally follow through with the whole Stanford/Yale/whatever thing and be too busy for filming dammit!

I hope LYF plays ZZR, not ZM. If she plays ZM I'll cry...if she plays ZZR I'll just laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu
    its the power and sheer audacity of ZM that attracts, IMO. She would've made Niccolo Machiavelli proud.
    Nah, I don't think Machiavelli would approve too much of ZM. Maybe towards the beginning but Machiavelli says that men would sooner forget the death of a family member than the loss of property! Post-ZWJ, ZM's not at all possessive about power, wealth, and status!
    I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know? -Ernest Hemingway

Wink

Finally there's a little news about HSDS, but there's no news on the cast yet, right ?

If LYF gets in this series, I will be so depressed... There isn't a role fit for her IMO in HSDS.

ALyssa Chia as Zhao Min was the best idea for HSDS. She may be in her late 20s when she filmed it but she certainly had that teenage look and feel to it.

Lets see what ZJZ can come up with this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I am dissapointed that Ady might not be ZM. eh,..
    Dear I suggest take some cool ice tea to vent off the frustration lah
    내가 황제라면, 모든 단어에 의미를 부여하기 위해 사전을 만드는 일 부터 시작할 것이다.

AkA: strife_au in the old mythic golden era of SPCNET pre-2007... Pioneer and architect of chaos... The legend lives.

still no news on the cast?

Yea I so wanna find out the cast. Determines the series' success IMO. Lol

i've watch like 3 or 4 HSDS versions, and only tony leung version that i think was worth to watch, i'd would love to see Zhang jizhong version though, i saw LOCH and BXJ the fighting scene was great,not very good in ROCH, but still great

Quote Originally Posted by rputzy View Post
    i've watch like 3 or 4 HSDS versions, and only tony leung version that i think was worth to watch, i'd would love to see Zhang jizhong version though, i saw LOCH and BXJ the fighting scene was great,not very good in ROCH, but still great
    Tony Leung's version is so old..I can't remember much of it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by se_lang View Post
    Tony Leung's version is so old..I can't remember much of it anymore...
    yes the version is old, but i still remembered it clearly, one of my favorite story in jinyong's novels, after LOCH , but i think barbara yung version of LOCH is older ?, if i'm not mistake

I'll second that (about HSDS 86 being memorable even if old!)

HSDS is my favorite JY story ever, and HSDS 86 was the first adaptation of it I saw, so it holds a special place in my memory. Perhaps the fight sequences seem awfully slow by today's standards, but its strong acting and relative faithfulness to the characters in the novel meant that in its day, that version of HSDS inspired a generation of kids to fall in love with wuxia!

The latest rumored candidate for ZWJ is mainland actor Deng Chao. As ZJZ is an employee under Hua Yi Brothers, it is likely that he will cast an actor under the same company as ZWJ. Speculated actors include Huang Xiaoming, Ren Quan and Deng Chao. HXM has since gone on to do movies and has announced that he will not do anymore ancient serials while Ren Quan is thought to be too old for the role. Hence, it seems that Deng Chao is the most likely choice for ZWJ.

In response to questions by reporters, Deng Chao says that it will be great if he can work with someone like ZJZ but things are still in discussion and he can only spill more details when everything is finalized and confirmed.

source: http://www.dahe.cn/xwzx/yl/yldxw/t20080904_1379448.htm
    http://www.dfdaily.com/node2/node146...ai114054.shtml

Another candidate ZJZ is considering for the role is mainland actor Qiao Zhenyu. ZJZ is said to be impressed by QZY's performance in DOMD and finds him suitable as ZWJ too.
    http://www.022net.com/2008/8-22/512173322919430.html
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

i imagine image-wise, qiao zhenyu is the better candidate. deng chao is usually not very attractive in ancient clothing...or rather, i cannot imagine him to be.
    qiao zhenyu is a bit girly looking, but i think he would look a little more comfortable in ancient costume.
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

Thumbs up

Thanks sunny for the update!

I prefer the second guy Qiao Zhenyu too, he's in the new Book & Sword w/ Niki Chow & Adam Cheng right ? He's cute, looked very sweet, while the other dude, Deng Chao is ooglieeeeeeee, sorry

I guess there's no rumor on ZM's role yet...

Same. Deng Chao is alright with royal- and very serious types of roles like an Emperor or prince but i seriously cannot picture him as a wuxia hero. I'll pick Qiao Zhenyu over him anytime. I've always found QZY very shy and boyish-looking, hence only suitable for cute supporting roles but the pics of him as Chen Jialuo in the new B&S really changed my opinion. Though he still looks very young imo
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Deng Chao would be a good choice. I don' think I can stand Huang Xiaoming in another JY adaptation.

Thanks Sunnysnow for the update! Fantastic that there's news, and I second QZY... though I think Deng Chao is quite nice looking too and I'm still a little more nervous about them casting the heroes of Wudang, and the female characters well!

I agree with the idea that the casting of actors/actresses can make/break a production, though I personally have been frequently surprised at how well some casting decisions have gone (i.e., I'm bad at predicting how suitable an actor/actress would be for the role), so I'm wide open to giving anyone they cast a try.

I actually ended up, e.g., really liking the cast for Chu Liu Xiang 2008 a lot even though the initial pictures seemed terribly not-promising!)

Still... no harm dreaming!

Prayer to the Gods of Casting: Strong veteran actors as Zhang CuiShan, Zhang SanFeng and Song YuanQiao please! An actress who can do cool scheming and self-possessed, passionate spunk as ZM; Torn and more than a little sly, but still dignified for ZZR's role! (Did I mention a dreamy ZWJ? )

With this production, since Vincent Jiao did such a good job as the Golden Snake Swordsman in Sword Stained with Royal Blood and ZJZ likes to re-use his casts, I'm still hoping on him as either Zhang Cuishan or Yang Xiao. Ok, more on the Zhang Cuishan side o_O.