Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halloween

If Halloween openly happens here, I'd be going trick-treating too. We grow from a child, and the child in us never dies. Just forgotten.

If adults here start pinpointing, I'll do trick-threatening on them. I'll be the Santa Claus from Hell
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Er okay then. I mean, if people want candy, that's fine. You don't really need to rationalize it with this whole "inner child" business. Hey, I'll be up for free candy too maybe if it didn't involve going door to door asking for it.

Ha this brings back memories when I had this seaweed I didn't really like, so I gave it out to these white kids and they were like "What is thissssss?" Ha that was golden. Shows that you gotta be careful what you wish for.
    Last edited by 999roses; 10-27-08 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    Er okay then. I mean, if people want candy, that's fine. You don't really need to rationalize it with this whole "inner child" business. Hey, I'll be up for free candy too maybe if it didn't involve going door to door asking for it.
    It's a fun festive, so let there be fun.

I would stil go door-to-door and ask for candies, with bringing along some kids. It's like you're the Chaperone, and you can teach kids what is the fun all about. Teach them, don't be afraid to ask....especially when you need to ask for donation. It's the same idea.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

I'm one of those grouchy old people who turns off the porch light and doesn't buy any candy. But around my neighborhood we don't get many trick-or-treaters usually. They all go to school events or do their trick-or-treating at malls these days. And the weather's usually cold and rainy on Halloween here so no one wants to be out in it.

I love dressing up in costumes, but no one I know ever has a Halloween costume party, and I don't want to go to a dance club or something like that.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    It's a fun festive, so let there be fun.

I would stil go door-to-door and ask for candies, with bringing along some kids. It's like you're the Chaperone, and you can teach kids what is the fun all about. Teach them, don't be afraid to ask....especially when you need to ask for donation. It's the same idea.
    I never had anything against chaperoning. That's totally cool. What I find kind of creepy are adults with no kids going around trick or treating. And no, it's not the same thing as asking on the behalf of United Way. No wonder people don't give donations anymore heh.

The only thing I hate about Halloween is that it's scary. I get freaked out by scary stories meant for five year olds.
    Last edited by Guo Xiang ( :; 10-30-08 at 06:30 AM.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    Maybe next year I'll be her. I wasn't sure what I should wear as Guo Xiang.
    does it make a different between her costume and RYY's? they're just all ancient chinese female costumes to me

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    wow lol

im forced to go trick or treating w/ my little sister this year shes going to be hannah montana or something and im going to be me, standing on the streets
    you should dress up as a bum
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    you should dress up as a bum
    Hahaha, lunie as bum that's something

Anyway we doesn't celebrate Halloween in my country. The ghost of Asia is just too scary to be mocked up

White dress, long hair, yay, it give me goosebump
    Last edited by atlantean0208; 10-27-08 at 05:40 PM.

does it make a different between her costume and RYY's? they're just all ancient chinese female costumes to me
    Well for RYY I got a woven straw hat (it was actually a cowboy hat that I flattened), put ribbons on it to tie around my chin and covered it with toullle. I started making a guzheng out of cardboard but it was to hard so I quit. The LMC costume is black instead of yellow.

I'm kind of obssesed with XAJH I even made a slideshow with great pics I found.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses View Post
    I never had anything against chaperoning. That's totally cool. What I find kind of creepy are adults with no kids going around trick or treating. And no, it's not the same thing as asking on the behalf of United Way. No wonder people don't give donations anymore heh.
    Hmmmmm....ok

You may want to "borrow" some kids to go trick-treating with.

Halloween!! The only time of the year where guys could dress up as a woman without being judged upon.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

Quote Originally Posted by MrPhotastic View Post
    Halloween!! The only time of the year where guys could dress up as a woman without being judged upon.
    that make sense. But Derrick Barry think otherwise.

or people walking nude in public for that matter's sake...
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

I carved my first pumpkin today. It was fun.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I carved my first pumpkin today. It was fun.
    Cool! I just painted a pumpking this year. I love carving pmpkins as long as I don't have to scoop it out. Not because I think it's gross but because I think I'm allergic to it; when I get it on my hands they get little red bumps all over them.
    -Doctor Who

or people walking nude in public for that matter's sake...
    Where do you live that people can walk around naked on Halloween?!

I think we need more holidays where we can dress up in costumes. That's a large part of the reason I attend sci-fi and fantasy conventions. It's okay to dress up/cosplay. It's great fun to walk around a hotel for three days and feel perfectly comfortable dressing up as an elf and chatting with someone who's dressed as Darth Vader.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Well Halloween's over. I went trick or treating from 7:00-8:00 hardly anyone in my neighborhood gave out candy and there were hardly any other trick or treaters but it was still fun. I felt kind of akward because most of the other trick or treaters were younger then me. When I went inside afterwards to sort my candy of course my parrot tried to eat it but chocolate can give birds a heart attack so I gave her a bag of animal crackers all to herself and she was so happy. I think that everyone in my family enjoyed it.
    -Doctor Who

Any one dressed up for Halloween?? If so, I wanna see some pictures!!
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

I dressed up but forgot to take a picture. I'll take one today or tomorrow but I'll just take a picture of the costume with no one wearing it because I don't want to post my picture online.
    -Doctor Who

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang ( : View Post
    Well Halloween's over. I went trick or treating from 7:00-8:00 hardly anyone in my neighborhood gave out candy and there were hardly any other trick or treaters but it was still fun. I felt kind of akward because most of the other trick or treaters were younger then me. When I went inside afterwards to sort my candy of course my parrot tried to eat it but chocolate can give birds a heart attack so I gave her a bag of animal crackers all to herself and she was so happy. I think that everyone in my family enjoyed it.
    Awww, it sounds like you had a nice time!

I went to work dressed up. No one else did, but people seemed to be cheered up by my costume, plus I bought a box of chocolate.
    I went home, took some pictures of my costume (again, for me, it's a bit more of a chance to cosplay than just Halloween), and just spent the evening eating candy and watching movies with my boyfriend.

Any one dressed up for Halloween?? If so, I wanna see some pictures!!
    Yup, dressed up as a butterfly goddess. The costume took me a good eight hours to make.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.