Thread: I buried a chicken...

Default I buried a chicken...

...and then I cooked the centipedes I got.

They were rather disgusting and quite poisonous.

Then I died.

H7G lied to me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aventinus View Post
    ...and then I cooked the centipedes I got.

They were rather disgusting and quite poisonous.

Then I died.

H7G lied to me!!!!!

You forgot to remove the water. For me it was delicious.

urgh..... u guys... r joking right?

just the look of centipedes makes chills go down my spine... it'll be impossible for anyone imo to behead and deshell them... much less cook/eat em up...

and bugs.... dont have flesh i think.... most insects r actually bags full of gunk... learn insect biology... they dont have a closed circulatory system like mammals.... so they use diffusion, so no blood vessles = no big chunks of flesh :P and hence no delicious flesh to eat...
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Actually... bugs are eaten alot worldwide and many place consider them a delicacy. I myself had tried grasshoppers and caterpillar. When cook they really dont give a juicy texture but its a really good crunchy taste. A authenitic Oaxacan in Los Angeles serve alot of bugs dish and i was only brave enough to try grasshoppers and caterpillars.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow View Post
    Actually... bugs are eaten alot worldwide and many place consider them a delicacy. I myself had tried grasshoppers and caterpillar. When cook they really dont give a juicy texture but its a really good crunchy taste. A authenitic Oaxacan in Los Angeles serve alot of bugs dish and i was only brave enough to try grasshoppers and caterpillars.
    >.<

*blehhhhh*

well grass hoppers r crunchy because of its shell... remember tho that the centipede was beheaded and deshelled, its not juicy because ur eating the hard parts (btw the shell and the cruncy stuff, chitin, is pretty much what ur hair i made out of... its like takign ur hair, deepfrying it so its hard and crispy, and enjoying it :P )

as for the caterpillar i have no idea : / its guts must be gunky too, but maybe if you cooked it the liquidy stuff would harden? i dunno, but it would definitely have muscles on the outside of its body... understandable.

but centipedes walk with feet... those r removed... as well as its hard shell... maybe there is big muscles inside which moves the feet, and thats what they r eating.... but >.<

yuck lol >.< centipedes r sooooooo scary..... maybe im just afraid of bugs im not ashamed >.< even tho im a guy, centipedes r freaky, no doubt about it

btw, it could be possible that centipedes legs r moved chemically... i know some insects have chemical reaction based movements in legs, an example is fleas, (i think grasshoppers too tho ... i cant remember so really no guarantees).
    This is a plea to whom ever is in-charge of wuxiapedia to update the translations into it (or else start trying to get permission to put the content from the translators/editors).

thankxxx

Last year while hiking in a forest I and my buddies caught a centipede which was approx. 20 cm long and as big as the pinkie or a normal man. The naughty dudes cleaned the poor animal with natural water then shoved it into a medium sized bottle of Vodka. Hahaha, the centipede writhed for about 2 mins then it died and released a yellowish liquid from its mouth. The wine turned yellow and looked tasty like lemon juice but no one of us dared to drink that internal-power-boosting 'nutritious' drink .
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    Last year while hiking in a forest I and my buddies caught a centipede which was approx. 20 cm long and as big as the pinkie or a normal man. The naughty dudes cleaned the poor animal with natural water then shoved it into a medium sized bottle of Vodka. Hahaha, the centipede writhed for about 2 mins then it died and released a yellowish liquid from its mouth. The wine turned yellow and looked tasty like lemon juice but no one of us dared to drink that internal-power-boosting 'nutritious' drink .
    Wow.. are you serious?

And you missed your chance at gaining super internal boost or perhaps poison immunity?!?

In the end, it's just another variation of meat.

As long as any potential pathogens or toxins are eliminated, there's no reason to be believe it can't be as nourishing or tasty as any other kind of meat.

That's the Chinese in me talking, of course.

#Snafu: Haha, yeah, Im not joking. If you ever catch a big centipede, try stuffing it into a bottle of vodka, Im not sure whether youll get the yellowish poisonous wine as I did coz therere many kinds of centipede, but Im sure your Vodka will turn colored from being colorless. As for 'poison immunity', no thanks, I like wuxia but Im no day-dreamer . My Shifu said the centipede-soaked vodka is not drinkable, it however can be used to cure light bruises.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。

You're not supposed to drink the soup???

Quote Originally Posted by Aventinus View Post
    You're not supposed to drink the soup???
    Nope. It was stated that the poison is extracted from the centipede to the soup.

Quote Originally Posted by wuyuejin View Post
    Yucks, that was sickening I wonder if animal rights group or WWF will take serious action on your hiking friends!

I buried Paul.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/IBP/IBPX/GreatHoax.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    Yucks, that was sickening I wonder if animal rights group or WWF will take serious action on your hiking friends!
    Chill out please, it was just a centipede. Heheh if WWF knew of what we did I bet they would be very willing to get us beaten by the World Wrestling Federation's wrestlers. Unlucky for them we poured the vodka along with the centipede into a stream before returning home.
    日暮乡关何处是?烟波江上使人愁。