Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Age Religions?

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Oh wait, I was talking about strange things. One time, lady asked me to pray with her. The second time, someone had this long discussion with me about salvation n blah n blah. In the end, he just wanted hit on me.
    Someone talk to you about salvation and asking you to pray with her in the 'New Age' section of the bookstore? Christians are looking out in the 'New Age' sections of bookstores for lost sheep now?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

When I first got interested in Tarot reading (after someone read a very accurate reading for me), I search the net for info and stumble upon this article.

Delivered from Witchcraft and Tarot

Interested, I read on. Ended up, there were only 2 mention of tarot in the whole article. One was in the beginning where she said she started reading tarot daily. Another was when she suddenly have a desire to listen to the Christian music and when she was doing so, she couldn't stand the tarot card when she look at it.

Personally, I think all the trouble started was not because she use the tarot. It all started because she played with the ouija board. She communicated with spirit 8 hours/week. Any surprise that one or two stick?

From my understand, ouija board and tarot are different. For tarot and other oracle cards, the querent pick the cards himself. So, it's from his heart or his mind what he wants to pick. The cards don't move by themselves. For ouija board, you communicated with an external spirit and it's the spirit that move the ouija piece. It's different. I play with tarot a little, but, I would never touch the ouija board.

But, I have played the 'pen fairy' when during my school days once. The pen really moved by itself. No way that it was moved by one of us because everyone just put the tip of her finger on the tip of the pen. If anyone push the pen, it will fall down. Very interesting experience.

Reading some of the reports. It reinforced my stand that religion and state should be separate.[/quote]

Unfortunately, religion and state had been linked for ages. The first pope was Emperor Constantine! This is a big hint that "dynasty" still exist even in this age. And what every dynasty has one common denominator? World dominance! Has anyone heard of "The New World Order" and the "Illuminati" or wonder why Europe became a union state and why America, Canada and Mexico had been working toward an union state as well?

Kidd, I'm new here and I noticed you posted/started thread in regard to New Age and spiritual and Am wondering if you're familiar with The Law of Attraction and such?
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Hermetic Law of Attraction

Quote Originally Posted by GeminiWitt View Post
    Reading some of the reports. It reinforced my stand that religion and state should be separate.

Unfortunately, religion and state had been linked for ages. The first pope was Emperor Constantine! This is a big hint that "dynasty" still exist even in this age. And what every dynasty has one common denominator? World dominance! Has anyone heard of "The New World Order" and the "Illuminati" or wonder why Europe became a union state and why America, Canada and Mexico had been working toward an union state as well?

Kidd, I'm new here and I noticed you posted/started thread in regard to New Age and spiritual and Am wondering if you're familiar with The Law of Attraction and such?
    that's really quite stretching it. Emperor Constantine was not a pope, though it was due to his influences that christianity took a very big turn.
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucre View Post
    that's really quite stretching it. Emperor Constantine was not a pope, though it was due to his influences that christianity took a very big turn.
    There are many debates over who's the real pope and you can read more about it here, if you like: http://www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm

The point I'm trying to make is, religions and politics have big influences on each other, and as much as I like the idea that religion and state should be separated, that's just not the reality. There are so much going on that we're not aware about and we're definitely not going to get such infos from the shame-stream media and from the institutionalized education!

The bible, the food and drugs industry and even the music industry had been hijacked long ago. What are the reasons for this?

These are some of what I've been exposed to for over several years now and I'm not going to force it upon anyone. But it is to the benefits of any person to find out for his/herself.
    What you seek is seeking you. Believing is Seeing. Anything is possible if only if you could believe it!

Yes, I'm familiar with the Law of Attraction, but, I didn't study it deeply.

The short explanation of Law of Attraction is 'you attract what you believe'.
    But, it's not as simple as that. For now, I'm not ready to go more deeper into it.

So, do you have a lot of experience with new age religion?
    Last edited by kidd; 09-30-10 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Yes, I'm familiar with the Law of Attraction, but, I didn't study it deeply.

The short explanation of Law of Attraction is 'you attract what you believe'.
    But, it's not as simple as that. For now, I'm not ready to go more deeper into it.

So, do you have a lot of experience with new age religion?
    To tell the truth, I couldn't care less about organized religion. However, I've become spiritual over the past few years and it has completely changed my life for the better. Whenever you want to discuss The Law of Attraction(LOA), let me know! It's not that hard and it's all about INTENTIONS and BELIEFS

There are many debates over who's the real pope and you can read more about it here, if you like: http://www.remnantofgod.org/pope1.htm

The point I'm trying to make is, religions and politics have big influences on each other, and as much as I like the idea that religion and state should be separated, that's just not the reality. There are so much going on that we're not aware about and we're definitely not going to get such infos from the shame-stream media and from the institutionalized education!

The bible, the food and drugs industry and even the music industry had been hijacked long ago. What are the reasons for this?

These are some of what I've been exposed to for over several years now and I'm not going to force it upon anyone. But it is to the benefits of any person to find out for his/herself.
    I checked the page, and seriously, one has to be very careful before believing ever single thing one reads on the internet. anyone can say anything, but whether the theory sprouted has true basis or not is another matter.

Religion and politics do have a very close relationship, and christianity in particular, was definitely very involved in the political scene throughout the ages ~ I don't even know where to begun because the incidents are overwhelming. However it does not necessary make Christianity 'wrong' because it got tangled up with politics.

In fact one of the main reasons why most europeans are now 'christians' because at one point christianity was introduced due to a political propaganda of 'controlling the people'. And Constantine was one of the reason why Christianity was no longer illegal, but it doesn't make him the sole reason how Christianity spreads.... and at no point was he ever appointed pope. He was an emperor, and converted on deathbed. Just because he allow Christian activities, it doesn't necessary make him a pope.

Many people love to simplify matters and draw conclusions based on insufficient understanding.
    o wilku mowa...♪

I checked the page, and seriously, one has to be very careful before believing ever single thing one reads on the internet. anyone can say anything, but whether the theory sprouted has true basis or not is another matter.

Religion and politics do have a very close relationship, and christianity in particular, was definitely very involved in the political scene throughout the ages ~ I don't even know where to begun because the incidents are overwhelming. However it does not necessary make Christianity 'wrong' because it got tangled up with politics.

In fact one of the main reasons why most europeans are now 'christians' because at one point christianity was introduced due to a political propaganda of 'controlling the people'. And Constantine was one of the reason why Christianity was no longer illegal, but it doesn't make him the sole reason how Christianity spreads.... and at no point was he ever appointed pope. He was an emperor, and converted on deathbed. Just because he allow Christian activities, it doesn't necessary make him a pope.

Many people love to simplify matters and draw conclusions based on insufficient understanding.

Don't get me wrong Lucre, in no way I'm bashing or anti christians nor do I believe everything I read over the internet without doing further research. I'm just pointing out that a lot of what was taught in schools/universities are not always what they appear to be and I'll leave it at that. Like I said, I'm not going to force anyone to agree with me, but ever since I was exposed to many "conspiracy theories" and such, I became a much more tolerant person- maybe due to the facts that I'm no longer confined to certain held believes. Somehow, this led me to discover spirituality and my life had completely change for the better ever since, and once again I now more reasons to questions what was taught to us, and more importantly, why was it taught to us?

Don't get me wrong Lucre, in no way I'm bashing or anti christians nor do I believe everything I read over the internet without doing further research. I'm just pointing out that a lot of what was taught in schools/universities are not always what they appear to be and I'll leave it at that. Like I said, I'm not going to force anyone to agree with me, but ever since I was exposed to many "conspiracy theories" and such, I became a much more tolerant person- maybe due to the facts that I'm no longer confined to certain held believes. Somehow, this led me to discover spirituality and my life had completely change for the better ever since, and once again I now more reasons to questions what was taught to us, and more importantly, why was it taught to us?
    GeminiWitt; why do you try to deflect the topic? I merely respond to you because of your 'pope' comment. I'm responding because either you are mistaken about the meaning of pope or you bought the conspiracy theory; to which there's far more evidence that Constantine function as a roman emperor instead of the leader off the church; and one can only be pope if he is ordained as bishop first; but Constantine was only baptized yon death bed.

I'm not even defending PR attacking other topics but you kept drifting off. There is s limit to entertaining conspiracy theories also. Lol
    o wilku mowa...♪

GeminiWitt; why do you try to deflect the topic? I merely respond to you because of your 'pope' comment. I'm responding because either you are mistaken about the meaning of pope or you bought the conspiracy theory; to which there's far more evidence that Constantine function as a roman emperor instead of the leader off the church; and one can only be pope if he is ordained as bishop first; but Constantine was only baptized yon death bed.

I'm not even defending PR attacking other topics but you kept drifting off. There is s limit to entertaining conspiracy theories also. Lol
    I mentioned in previous post(s) that I'm not going forced what I stated on anyone. You didn't agreed with what I said and it's perfectly fine by me, hence I didn't elaborate on the 'pope' comment. To each his own, right?

If my post(s) ticked you off or offended you in any ways, let's be assured that is not my intention. I have reasons to believe what I stated and you have yours but I didn't want it to look like we're arguing over matter of opinions so I went ahead and talk about something else. I think we just got off on the wrong foot with each other. You seem very knowledgeable and I'm looking forward to future discussions with you
    Last edited by GeminiWitt; 10-01-10 at 07:12 AM.

I mentioned in previous post(s) that I'm not going forced what I stated on anyone. You didn't agreed with what I said and it's perfectly fine by me, hence I didn't elaborate on the 'pope' comment. To each his own, right?

If my post(s) ticked you off or offended you in any ways, let's be assured that is not my intention. I have reasons to believe what I stated and you have yours but I didn't want it to look like we're arguing over matter of opinions so I went ahead and talk about something else. I think we just got off on the wrong foot with each other. You seem very knowledgeable and I'm looking forward to future discussions with you
    actually, not everything is 'debatable'. i just mean to point out to you that he wasn't a pope, simply because by common definition, he isn't. if you have said, he is the true leader behind the church, much as i would disagree with you, there's still floor for debating, because 'leader' is a broader term that encompass a larger meaning.

you don't call a leopard a cheetah just because they look similar do you? you are however, free to call both of them cats.

just like, not many people would debate if water is H2O, even seriously, how many of you actually carry out your own experiment to see the H and the Os flying around?

but because 'studies' have said it is, we simply believe it. just because science sound smarter, people always believe in 'scientific results' but neglected evidence of faith.
    o wilku mowa...♪