Thread: [ Zhang Wuji's Relationship w/Yin Li ]

Default [ Zhang Wuji's Relationship w/Yin Li ]

Supposedly in the third edition (and perhaps previous editions), Yin Li aka Zhu'er is the "acknowledged wife" of Zhang Wuji. Now, I've never read YTTLJ. I'm very curious. . .

Anyone who's ever read previous editions. . .would you care to explain this.
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Ever since they met, Zhang Wuji and Yin Li had many conversations about getting married, b/c Yin Li tricked him into agreeing to marry her, to make her feel special. On her deathbed, she apologized for not marrying him. After she "died", Zhang Wuji wrote on her tomb "My beloved wife Zhu'er". When Xie Xun proposed Zhang Wuji to marry Zhou Zhiruo, he replied said: "My cousin had treated me like her husband since childhood, and now, I've decided to make that official. She has just passed away, how can I marry someone else?"

Hopefully, that answers your question.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Ever since they met, Zhang Wuji and Yin Li had many conversations about getting married, b/c Yin Li tricked him into agreeing to marry her, to make her feel special. On her deathbed, she apologized for not marrying him. After she "died", Zhang Wuji wrote on her tomb "My beloved wife Zhu'er". When Xie Xun proposed Zhang Wuji to marry Zhou Zhiruo, he replied said: "My cousin had treated me like her husband since childhood, and now, I've decided to make that official. She has just passed away, how can I marry someone else?"

Hopefully, that answers your question.
    Thank you very much, PJ! It definitely does clear some confusion. Did ZZR and/or XZ have any thoughts on this?

As for Zhu'er, she knew all along that ZWJ was in fact Zeng Ah Niu, correct?
    [ 空蕩的街景 想找個人放感情 做這種決定 是寂寞與我為鄰...我們的愛情 像你路過的風景 一直在進行 腳步卻從來不會為我而停...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名...你說愛像雲 要自在飄浮才美麗 我終於相信 分手的理由有時候很動聽...給你的愛一直很安靜 來交換你偶爾給的關心 明明是三個人的電影 我卻始終不能有姓名... 一直很安靜 ]

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Did ZZR and/or XZ have any thoughts on this?
    Probably got a little jealous. When she was unconscious, Yin Li revealed that Zhang Wuji (as Ah Niu) had agreed to marry her, and everyone on the boat heard that. They just stared at Zhang Wuji, which embarrassed him.

Of course, later Zhou Zhiruo "killed" Yin Li, so we can safely say she got jealous.

As for Zhu'er, she knew all along that ZWJ was in fact Zeng Ah Niu, correct?
    No, she did not. She only realized after she saw the writing on her tomb, in which Zhang Wuji signed his real name. Before that, she thought he was just a country boy.

Probably got a little jealous. When she was unconscious, Yin Li revealed that Zhang Wuji (as Ah Niu) had agreed to marry her, and everyone on the boat heard that. They just stared at Zhang Wuji, which embarrassed him.

Of course, later Zhou Zhiruo "killed" Yin Li, so we can safely say she got jealous.

No, she did not. She only realized after she saw the writing on her tomb, in which Zhang Wuji signed his real name. Before that, she thought he was just a country boy.
    Wait...she was unconscious from just sleeping or something else happened to her? And who's everyone else? Which chapter was this again...the one where they sail to Ling Se Island, right?

Quote Originally Posted by resident:alien View Post
    Wait...she was unconscious from just sleeping or something else happened to her? And who's everyone else? Which chapter was this again...the one where they sail to Ling Se Island, right?
    She was having a fever. Onboard were Xie Xun + Zhang Wuji + Zhang Wuji's 4 women.

She was having a fever. Onboard were Xie Xun + Zhang Wuji + Zhang Wuji's 4 women.
    Thanks for clearing that out. I just find it rather silly that everyone knew ZWJ's actual name and yet she kept calling him Zeng Ah Niu. . .you'd think someone would have corrected her already, eh?