Thread: << YOU KNOW YOU ARE WATCHING A TVB SERIE WHEN.....>>

Default << YOU KNOW YOU ARE WATCHING A TVB SERIE WHEN.....>>

1. You can name the entire cast, right down to the maid and taxi driver, since TVB uses the SAME people over, and over, and over.

2. When the main character and his/her family lives together in one big house filled with fake dramas and loves to gather around the couch from time to time to criticize each other.

3. No matter how wealthy the characters are, they ALL live with their parents, uncles, cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews, the ugly cousin twice removed... etc etc...

4. The police always preach about how it is their duty to protect the people, uphold justice yada yada yada as if it is a lame propaganda.

5. ALL of the characters have ENGLISH NAMES. ALL of them. The housekeeper, the gardener, the guy down the street, the old hag in the alley, they all do. It's weird and ridiculous.

6. The family is always wealthy, business owners, tycoons, etc... and the storyline are always the same. Weathy owner is ill, the bad guys take over, the family tries to fight for it, they get it back and all is right with the world. Always revenge, revenge, revenge.

7. There are always useless, incompetent and downright annoying characters tossed into the serie just to give the main actors a break from filming. I mean, must we learn about Aunt Josephine and her daily routine at the nearest majong playhouse with Uncle Fester and Cousin Ernie? Even in the ancient series, there are always dumb characters who stand in as the brother-in-law, cousin with a gambling problem and uncle with a drinking problem attached to the main characters.

8. If the main character is the "good guy," EVERYBODY and THEIR MOMS know that he is the good guy. I mean, his actions are sooooooo overly exaggerated that it takes a moron not to see that he is the protagonist of the serie. And sometimes, TVB likes to "surprise" the audience by making the protagonist turn into the antagonist, but lo and behold, no one knows the reason why until some sob story is brought up at the end.

9. The costumes are the same throughout the decades. The women are always in costumes with the same type of floral fabric. The colors are almost always dark and old looking.

10. Almost EVERY TVB modern serie starts out with the view of the city, some sort of narration regarding the city, and if it doesnt start out with the city, somewhere in the serie the city will be a character of its own.

11. And finally, you know you are watching a TVB serie when....you see Charmaine Sheh on the screen... since she's in practically EVERY serie since the dawn of mankind.
    My Loves...
    : LEE MIN HO
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    1. You can name the entire cast, right down to the maid and taxi driver, since TVB uses the SAME people over, and over, and over.

2. When the main character and his/her family lives together in one big house filled with fake dramas and loves to gather around the couch from time to time to criticize each other.

3. No matter how wealthy the characters are, they ALL live with their parents, uncles, cousins, grandparents, nieces, nephews, the ugly cousin twice removed... etc etc...

4. The police always preach about how it is their duty to protect the people, uphold justice yada yada yada as if it is a lame propaganda.

5. ALL of the characters have ENGLISH NAMES. ALL of them. The housekeeper, the gardener, the guy down the street, the old hag in the alley, they all do. It's weird and ridiculous.

6. The family is always wealthy, business owners, tycoons, etc... and the storyline are always the same. Weathy owner is ill, the bad guys take over, the family tries to fight for it, they get it back and all is right with the world. Always revenge, revenge, revenge.

7. There are always useless, incompetent and downright annoying characters tossed into the serie just to give the main actors a break from filming. I mean, must we learn about Aunt Josephine and her daily routine at the nearest majong playhouse with Uncle Fester and Cousin Ernie? Even in the ancient series, there are always dumb characters who stand in as the brother-in-law, cousin with a gambling problem and uncle with a drinking problem attached to the main characters.

8. If the main character is the "good guy," EVERYBODY and THEIR MOMS know that he is the good guy. I mean, his actions are sooooooo overly exaggerated that it takes a moron not to see that he is the protagonist of the serie. And sometimes, TVB likes to "surprise" the audience by making the protagonist turn into the antagonist, but lo and behold, no one knows the reason why until some sob story is brought up at the end.

9. The costumes are the same throughout the decades. The women are always in costumes with the same type of floral fabric. The colors are almost always dark and old looking.

10. Almost EVERY TVB modern serie starts out with the view of the city, some sort of narration regarding the city, and if it doesnt start out with the city, somewhere in the serie the city will be a character of its own.

11. And finally, you know you are watching a TVB serie when....you see Charmaine Sheh on the screen... since she's in practically EVERY serie since the dawn of mankind.
    i know u are watching too much heart of greed, moonlight resonance and gem of life.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i know u are watching too much heart of greed, moonlight resonance and gem of life.
    A good one, LuNaR. Hits the bull's eye.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

12. Families in Hong Kong either live in miniature room or 1400 SF luxury condo.

13. Every one has rooftop access - rooftop bbqs, hanging clothes to dry, staring at the moon, all skyscraper offices - people get dragged to the roof a lot or have "private" conversations on the roof.

14. Gazillionaire, private jet, giant mansion, public company rich or poor - there is no middle class.

15. All Chinese men have or aspire to have up to 4 wives/girlfriends and all men will eventually have an affair.

16. If someone runs away, you can always find them at a bar or a park.

17. Every other family will have illegitimate child from affair in # 15.

18. Cancer rather than heart disease is #1 killer in TVBland

19. All women who stay at home or have kids are "si lai".

20. Single women spend all their time trying to get promoted at work or get married.

21. Little kids are supercute and sassy trashtalkers

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    Actually, I have not seen ANY of these series, but you just pointed out what I meant by TVB having the same type of scenarios OVER AND OVER AND OVER. The three series you mentioned above are the three most talked about and are considered to be TVB's "grand" productions and yet none of them have any originality. (and I quote grand because the serie itself may be terrible, but just because TVB can throw in some of their most popular actors, add in some bling, some fancy English names and VOILA! It's a grand production)
    My Loves...
    : LEE MIN HO
    HUANG XIAO MING
    YAN KUAN
    TAKESHI KANESHIRO
    BOYS OVER FLOWERS!
    SS501!

Quote Originally Posted by vivy17 View Post
    Actually, I have not seen ANY of these series, but you just pointed out what I meant by TVB having the same type of scenarios OVER AND OVER AND OVER. The three series you mentioned above are the three most talked about and are considered to be TVB's "grand" productions and yet none of them have any originality. (and I quote grand because the serie itself may be terrible, but just because TVB can throw in some of their most popular actors, add in some bling, some fancy English names and VOILA! It's a grand production)
    Just watch this series:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://61.145.121.92/goods/l/8/80650l.jpg')

I guarantee you it's *not* the same old TVB crap.