Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Xia ke xing: Chapter 10 onwards...Take 2

Default can you imagin

can u imagin being the son of such people. nothing gets past these 2 nutters.
    "who dident go to school today"...
    "son come eat your 8 meat groul"
    Ali Derhamy

I'm starting to like this Zhang San and Li Si whoever they are. They possess top skills and create jokes wherever they go when they meet Shi Potian.

Shi Potian asked with surprise: “Did elder brother recognize me when I came out? I haven’t spoken anything until now?”

He knew that the martial art skills of Zhang San and Li Si were extremely high but their experience in the martial art realm was a cut above other people. Although Shi Potian did not make any sound and didn’t explicitly show any weakness in his behavior but when he started fighting with Bai Wanjian, he used his internal energy. The level of his internal energy was actually really rare and unheard in the martial art realm. Zhang San and Li Si had once already drank their medicated wine with him and were aware of his superior internal energy. Once they saw him fighting than it was not really difficult for them to figure out that he is in fact Shi Potian.

As Shi Potian moved forward to accept the bronze medals, he thought: “I have already accepted the bronze medals as the chief of the clan of eternal happiness. What difference it makes if I die once or twice so what’s the harm?”

He was just about to put out his hand to accept the medals, he heard Grandma Shi shouting suddenly: “Hold on a minute!”

Shi Potian drew back and turned his head to look at Grandma Shi and only listened her saying: “It was decided that the sect leader of the snow mountain sect will be decided on the basis of the martial art skills. However I saw that once the old bastard became the leader, he became conceited with all the power and prestige and became insufferably arrogant. I think this leadership is a kind of addiction. Child, it’s better to give the leadership of the sect to me!”

Shi Potian said in consternation: “what.....Do I give the leadership to you?”

Grandma Shi had really sincere feeling towards him and also he treasured A’Xiu more than anything else so she doesn’t want Shi Potian to go to the island of the heroes and waste his life. In her last few years, she has lived the life of several years and didn’t have any desire left. She thought it’s probably better to receive the bronze medals and let the young children live their life.
    Of course she didn’t have any knowledge about matter of clan of eternal happiness. She got angry immediately and said: “What's wrong? Aren't you willing? Then we have to fight it out and decide who has the better martial art skills.”

Shi Potian saw her to getting angry and did not dare to say again, he looked at her and said: “Yes, yes!” He bowed in front of her and withdrew.
    Grandma Shi smiled and said: “Is there anyone else who declines to accept me as the leader of the snow mountain sect, tell me now if someone refuses to accept?”

The people look at each other in blank dismay, this came as another shock but no one said anything again.

Grandma Shi stepped forward to receive the two bronze medals from Zhang San’s hand and said: “I am the leader of the Snow mountain sect, many thanks for arriving at our sect and for the invitation to island of heroes.”

Zhang San smiled and said: “Madame Bai Lao, Although you are accepting the bronze medals personally but if the “power and virtue gentleman” Bai Zizai come back and contend in martial arts with you and ask for the leadership of the sect, then who will be the leader? Good, you husbands and wife decide the victory or defeat based on your martial art skill and send the leader.”

Zhang San looked at Li Si and smiled and suddenly both of them turned and move out from the front door. People only heard them laughing and moving leaving in flash.

Grandma Shi comes back to that large round-backed wooden armchair and sits on it, she had now calmed down, she said: “open the shackles for these people and free them.”

Liang Zijin said: “Why should we follow your orders? The leadership of snow mountain sect is not some child's play that can be given and taken on anyone’s whim?”

Other people too started to get encouraged and said simultaneously: “You had not fought even a single fight. We can’t give the leadership of the snow mountain sect based because of your family members.”

When Zhang San and Li Si were in the hall, various people thought only of somehow getting rid of those two people and only hoped that some person will take the leadership and go to the island of the heroes so they can be saved from the great misfortune. Now that the two people have gone back; everyone thought that now grandma Shi might investigate the issue related to old master Bai and they will all be implicated for the grave offence. Surely there will retaliation and it was directly a matter of life and death. Several people in the hall created a clamor immediately.

Grandma Shi said: “Good, you refuse to accept me to make sect leader; that is fine with me as well.” She took out the two bronze medals from her bosom and threw it in front of them and said: “Whoever wants to be the sect leader and go to the island of the heroes, please come forward and accept those bronze medals. That fat person had said a moment ago, although I have accepted the bronze medal but the invitation is valid for the leader of the snow mountains sect depending upon the martial art skills.”

As soon as Grandma Shi said these words, Qi Zimian, Liang Zijin and others moved back immediately one by one. Various people who were shouting quickly went silent and did not dare to touch those bronze medals.
    Feng Wanli came forward and said: “Master wife, everybody has defied their own seniors and elders. We were disobedient to the master and have in reality committed a heinous crime but actually we all were in unavoidable circumstances.”

As he said these words, he fell on both his knees and kowtowed in front of her again and again and said: “Master wife Shi is the sect leader of the snow mountain sect, this is good. Master wife, you must kill the disciple and disciple is willing to take the responsibility but I ask for amnesty for the crimes of other fellow disciples. If you will give punishment to all the people than it will be a great disaster for the sect and it will be pretty difficult to recover from that.

Grandma Shi said: “Your master has a bad temperament, how won’t I know? He broke your arm in anger when he shouldn’t. What is this matter all about, tell me in detail.”

Feng Wanli looked at her and said: “master wife, After Bai Shige and numerous fellow disciples descended the mountain and went to central plains, master used to throw a fit every now and then. The disciples were beaten and scolded by him; this was of course a minor matter as everybody had received great graciousness from master so how dare could one complain against it? However about half a month ago, two old people came to visit the master suddenly. Those two brothers were called Ding Busi and Ding Busan”

Grandma Shi was startled and said: “Ding Busi......Ding Busi? What was that fellow doing in the Ling Xiao city?”

aww, grandman shi wants to see a'xiu and shi potian together. how sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
    Bai Zizai was angry and he broke Feng Wanli’s arm.

accepted me as her teacher

Shi Potian to resist, no longer than Shi Potian
    Hi Abhay, first off; great work dude please do keep it up. You're going great. I'm rooting for you.

Errm may I suggest some alternative words to above highlighted sections please?

1) was Feng Wan Li's arm chopped off or just broken, i.e. broken bone? If chopped perhaps chopped should replace broke?

2) I think it should be "his teacher" since she is referring to Shi Potian joining her school of swordsmanship?

3) I think the words "as soon as" would come across better here maybe?

I truly understand the difficulties you are facing translating. I tried running the chinese text through babelfish before and I'd say 75% of it sounded off unless you're a native chinese speaker doing a direct transliteration (which we are of course ). The process of cleaning up to make it make sense to non-native chinese readers is hell and I have a slight advantage in that I do have understand basic Mandarin (very basic and spoken only unfortunately ) so I can truly appreciate all your efforts!

I gave up after 2 chapters so my sincere thanks and admiration to you for forging on so relentlessly. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by "morbiuz666" View Post
    1) was Feng Wan Li's arm chopped off or just broken, i.e. broken bone? If chopped perhaps chopped should replace broke?
    It was cut off. I can imaging that the computer translation was take "duan bei" and translate it as a broken arm rather than a severed arm.

I'd recommend replacing "broke" with "severed".
    Last edited by CFT; 09-28-09 at 09:51 AM.

Well, I got caught this time... actually I came across broken and chopped off both during translation. Recently I was sticking with broken version and ignoring to go back a check out in a dictionary ...i m pretty lazy when it comes to research.
    Last edited by Abhay; 09-28-09 at 01:16 PM.

Feng Wanli said: “After these two old people came in the Ling Xiao city they paid visit to master and went to the study to talk in private. What was actually discussed, the disciple does not know but I only understood that those two old people somehow offended the master and the three people quarreled loudly. The people thought that the master and these two people are probably from the same generation. We were not sure about the origin of these two people so we did not dare to get inside the study and intervene.

We only waited for master to expel these people out of the place but we instead heard those Ding brothers actually abusing master and saying something about the “Azure conch mountain”, some “Azure Mist island” and also talking about some female called “Xiao cui” (literally little green jade).”

The complexion of Grandma Shi changed suddenly. She was actually called “Xiao cui” but numerous people in the hall did not know about this and she didn’t want to share that so she asked: “what happened after that?”

Feng Wanli said: “Afterwards we did not how the fight actually started but we heard the sound of palm wind whistling and various sound of people fighting. Master had given us a verbal command, so we didn’t dare to go. After some time we heard the sound of the wall shaking and in fact the walls of study eventually collapsed. We understood that master is pressing both of these Ding brothers against the wall and they were some how resisting against his palm strength even though the wall collapsed. After some time even though two were fighting against one, master was still winning but Ding Busi managed to strike master on his chest and he spat blood.”

Grandma Shi asked suddenly: “what?”
    Feng Wanli continued: “Master was hit in his chest and she spat blood but he still pressed both of them and they didn’t manage to escape. After sometime master himself spoke: “The victory or defeat has actually no meaning but if someone gets seriously injured then it will lead to irreconcilable enmity? And he withdrew. Ding Busi and Ding Busan immediately left the Ling Xiao cit after that moment.”
    Grandma Shi nodded and asked: “After they left, later did they came back again?”

Feng Wanli said: “These two old people didn’t returned after that incident but there was a drastic change in master after that. Something happened with his intelligence and he started behaving abnormally. Sometimes he will laugh for a day and say aloud: “I have defeated that thief Ding Busi, he will remember his defeat this time? He said that Xiao cui had been in Azure Conch Mountain......”

Grandma Shi shouted angrily: “Nonsense, what does this matter have to do with this?”
    Feng Wanli said: “Yes, yes, master also said that he was talking nonsense. He said that old thief was deceiving people, why would Xiao cui go to his Azure Conch Mountain? However.....he did not believed his honeyed words but still master looked really confused and concerned about that matter.....'”

The complexion of Grandma Shi turned pale for a while, she shouted: “Old bastard talked nonsense, why was he confused and concerned?”
    Feng Wanli didn’t actually understand the matter and simply said: “Yes, yes!”

Grandma Shi also asked: “What else did that old bastard said?”
    Feng Wanli said: “Are you talking about master?”
    Grandma Shi said: “Obviously, who else is the old bastard”

Feng Wanli got ashamed and said: “Master was henceforth worried and said: “Has she gone to the Azure conch mountains? Certainly, she isn’t there. Perhaps she was bored in the martial art realm and might have been feeling lonely so she might have gone just to talk but it is really difficult to say ….really difficult to say. Perhaps the past friendship is not forgotten, old feelings remain even after a severed relationship.”

Grandma Shi scolded: “Breaks wind!”
    Feng Wanli kneels on the ground and felt really awkward, how he can acknowledge that his master is “breaking wind”.
    Grandma Shi said: “Hey, stand up and tell me more about what happened afterwards.”

Feng Wanli kowtowed and said: “Many thanks master-wife.”
    He stood up and said: “For two days master laughed out loud and we thought that he probably in better mood but after that suddenly his temper changed. Whenever he saw any person, he will ask: “In all over the world, whose martial art is the best?”

Everybody will always answer: “Obviously, your martial art is the best in the entire world. You are leader of the snow mountain sect, who can be better than you. “

The facial expressions of master were really entirely different from his former days. Sometimes he also asked:”How is my martial art?”
    Everybody will always answer: “master, your internal energy is already unparalleled in the world; your swordsmanship is the present age is invincible, actually you do not need to use the sword, and there is no rival to you in this world.”

He listens to us to reply like this that then smiled but won’t make any sound and appeared really happy. That day he found one fellow disciple in the courtyard and asked him: “How is my martial art compared to the Shaolin school, if we compare it with their sect leader than whose martial art is high?”

We don’t know that what exactly Lu Shidi replied but we afterwards saw that his head is turned in to pulp after master hit him with his palm.”
    Grandma Shi sighed, her look was low-spirited, she said: “That child might have a rash brain, how do we know that what actually he said?”
    Feng Wanli said: “The day the fellow disciple got hit and killed by the master, some of the disciples returned from the central plains and informed that the envoys of the Command of reward and punishment are coming to the Ling Xiao city.

When master heard about this matter than he actually laughed and said: “Damn, they will die well!
    Feng Wanli said: “I asked master about Lu Shidi. He said: “I asked this boy about who is better at martial art me or the Shaolin School. He said that even after the former leader wondrous truth master is dead after he left for the island of heroes but still the Shaolin Temple is ranked first among the martial art schools. I told him that he was talking nonsense but he said that any school might excel in swordsmanship for a period of time but their move keeps on transforming. However the martial art of Shaolin is actually broad and profound, the seventy-two unique skills all have the profound attainments. Even if in swordsmanship some sect win against Shaolin but in total the martial arts of Shaolin has been accumulated over a period of about thousand of years. Any other sect can’t compare itself against them.”

Grandma Shi said: “he actually replied correctly. Where did he learn all these things? Even if we consider the sword skills; snow mountain sword skills are not necessarily above other sect’s sword skill. What did that old bastard said after that?”

Feng Wanli said: “master-wife, Disciple does not dare to say what happened afterwards.”

title for chapter -18 ... 有所求 ...any suggestions ...totally ruined title for last chapter

Well, I got caught this time... actually I came across broken and chopped off both during translation. Recently I was sticking with broken version and ignoring to go back a check out in a dictionary ...i m pretty lazy when it comes to research.
    Haha nah don't take it too seriously Abhay. It is quite tedious to run through the text and try to get consistency.

I second CFT's suggestion to use severed instead of broken. Much better than my suggestion of chopped off too (Oops, can't imagine what was going through my mind when I suggested that).

title for chapter -18 ... 有所求 ...any suggestions ...totally ruined title for last chapter

Hmm... wonder if the direct Mandarin pronouciation is 'you yao chio'? That would make it sort of like 'has a request' or something like that? Of course in my line of work that'd make it 'Request Submitted' but that definitely is not elegant for wuxia heehee.

How about this
    " Seeking the place which exist "
    " To the Island"
    " Going Place" :P

有所求 - A Request
    臘八粥 - 8 Meat Gruel
    俠客行 - Heroes Walk/Journey
    我是誰? - Who Am I

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    有所求 - A Request
    臘八粥 - 8 Meat Gruel
    我是誰? - Who Am I
    Beautiful...

Just to add the official 俠客行 translation is
    Ode to Gallantry

http://wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin_yong/ode_to_gallantry

Grandma Shi got angry: “So this is how you are showing your respect to the leader of your sect! Fine, when I was not in the Ling Xiao city, how dare you collude with the rebels and disrespected your own master?”

Feng Wanli kneeled down and kowtowed, he said: “Disciple has committed a heinous crime.”

Grandma Shi said: “Fine, You all are really the disciples of that old bastard, as they say if you put a flower in the pile of rubbish, still it will stink, you all are same .Each one of you has committed the heinous crime, so than Feng Wanli should die, Bai Wanjian should die, Geng Wanzhong should die, Wang Wanren should die ......” This way she shouted names of numerous disciples and shouted her judgment. Geng Wanzhong, Wang Wanren and others felt ashamed and lowered their head.

Grandma Shi shouted: “Get up, you stupid and tell me what your master said afterwards?”

Feng Wanli said: “Yes!” and stood up and continued: “Master said: “This boy said that there are good points in both the martial art of our sect and that of Shaolin, he also told me that there might be a really minute difference between the martial art of the sect leader of Shaolin and my martial art skill…damn! Damn! The martial art of “power and virtue gentleman” is unparalleled in the world, moreover even in five millenniums, vertically and horizontally in several thousand miles, through the ages, no one had greater martial art skill as me.”

Grandma Shi scolded: “Bah, such a big mouth!”

Feng Wanli said: “We looked when master was saying these words, his mental state looked a bit unstable and he was behaving a little abnormally. He was not his real self. It was good that there were only people from our side at that time so no one else knew about this matter otherwise if these words were heard by others than we only feared that we will be become a laughingstock in the martial art world. At that time everybody looked at each other in blank dismay, no one dared to say anything.

The master got angry and shouted: “Are you all gone mute? Why didn't you speak? My words are not right, is it that?'

He points at Su Shidi to ask: “Wan Hong, tell me, are my words are right?
    That fellow replied: “Master’s words are certainly right.”
    Master again got angry and said: “What is right is right, what is wrong is wrong, it’s obvious. I ask you; tell me, how high is my martial art?”
    That fellow replied gingerly: “Master, your martial art skills are immeasurably deep, through the ages only master has carried forward the martial art of our sect and taken it to new heights.”

The master again threw a fit, he shouted loudly: “According to you the sect already had good martial art before me? You have made a mistake, from the start only you are making a mistake. It is me who has created the martial art of the snow mountain sect. Any founder and ancestors who claim that they founded the snow mountain sect are just deceiving people with nonsense. The founders handed down from generation to generation just some ordinary sword skills and book of illustrations to deal with boxing; everybody has seen that my martial arts are the greatest of all. The Shaolin fellows only obtain enlightenment but still they are inferior to your master in term of intelligence.”

Grandma Shi said: “Your master’s conceited temper is long-standing, he has swindled this sect for past 30 years, hereafter he has not met someone who exceeds his skills that is why he thinks that his martial arts are best under the heaven, when speaking of Shaolin and Wudang; these famous sects have always worked for the greater good of others and learned knowledge and in fact earned their reputation. They don’t run after hollow pride and fame. That old bastard cannot think that his conceited temper is getting more and more fierce, unexpectedly he is even cursing the founding fathers of this sect. That child Wanhong was really characterless, as per the circumstances he actually dared to slander even his ancestors.”

Feng Wanli said: “master-wife Shi, you cannot think what happened afterwards; master simply listened to his words and immediately struck him with his palm. The moment he got hit, he was thrown several ten feet and immediately lost his life, he scolded: “He told me that I am perhaps better that those, what does “perhaps” mean?”

Grandma Shi shouted: “You are talking nonsense, old bastard might be confused at that moment but he won’t kill his beloved disciple for just saying “perhaps”!”

Feng Wanli said: “master-wife Shi, Everyone is the sect is grateful to master and owe everything to them, disciple hasn’t said anything false and does not dare to fabricate this kind of rumor. At least twenty people were witness to this matter; you can confirm it with them.”
    Grandma Shi looked at the disciples who have returned from central plain earlier to inform about the envoys of Command of reward and punishment.
    The disciples said with one voice: “At that time the situation was really this, Elder brother Feng is not lying.”

Grandma Shi shook her head to sigh again and again, she said: “It’s really difficult to believe such a matter? Has he gone really crazy?”

Feng Wanli said: “Master was really sick, his mind was not clear.”
    Grandma Shi said: “Then you should have sent for a doctor to him.”
    Feng Wanli said: “Disciple and others at that time also think about this but did not dare to decide ourselves. We discussed this matter with several fellow disciples and invited two best physicians Nan Daifu and Dai Daifu to have a look at the master.

Master asked them that why are they here. Both of them did not dare to say the truth. Dai Daifu said that he has heard that master is somewhat out of sorts nowadays; he was in the city for such a long time and never has the opportunity to server master so they want to have a look at his pulse and pay their gratitude.

Master said to them that he is not sick and asked him: “Tell me, through the ages, whose martial art is the best?”

Nan Daifu said: “We have studies about the herbs and medicine together, I am afraid we have no knowledge about the martial arts that we can discuss in front of the “power and virtue gentleman”. It’s like reading “Xiao Jing” (a Confucian classic treatise giving advice on filial piety) in front of Confucius, wielding a axe in front of Lu Ban (legendary master craftsman, called the father of Chinese carpentry)?”

Master smiled and says: “Showing off your meager skills before an expert, you might have also said that.”

Nan Daifu said: “We have always heard that the Shaolin school from Mount Tai in the north are best in the martial arts world, Their founder Bodhidharma crosses the Yangtze river and founded the Shaolin school, he is considered the greatest of the martial art expert through the ages.”

Thanks for the titles...
    "Ode to gallantry"...cool name actually I really like the title...perhaps was attracted by this title only to start translating this novel and finally so close to the end I am really happy that I chose this one

Quote Originally Posted by CFT View Post
    有所求 - A Request
    臘八粥 - 8 Meat Gruel
    我是誰? - Who Am I

I often have thought a good translation of the title Xia Ke Xing would be Progress of the Xia ... or something like that. Almost kinda like A Pilgrim's Progress - and like the latter book it's about personal development, that of our reluctant hero Shi Potian.

By the way ... Thank you so much for your hard work in bringing this story to us, Abhay... It puts us all who have even a rudimentary understanding of Mandarin to shame.

Thanks for the translation! Good to see a fellow Gooner on these boards.

The ode in "Ode to Gallantry" refers to Li Bai's poem so it makes sense in a self-referential way. Gallantry refers to the deeds/actions (xing) of the knight-errant (xia ke).

Grandma Shi nodded and said: “This Nan Daifu answered appropriately.”
    Feng Wanli said: “As soon as Master listened to him, he was greatly agitated and got angry. He said: “That Bodhidharma is a person from western region, India, he is a non-han person. These foreigners are coming from surrounding area to China and are diluting the solemn power and prestige of the country.”

Nan Daifu was really terrified, he said: “yes, yes, I am aware of my mistake.”

Master then asked Dai Daifu, what you think. Dai Dafu saw with own eyes that Nan Daifu has already made an error, he said: “I have heard a lot about the Wudang sect and its founder Zhang Sanfeng. It is said that his martial arts were divine and he himself created the nei jia techniques which are above the Shaolin school martial arts. As you said, that Bodhidharma was a foreigner and is extremely insignificant, Zhang Sanfeng is considered as the best martial artist throughout the ages.”

Grandma Shi said: “Shaolin and Wudang are the two big schools, each of their martial art has its own good points, and one cannot say that martial art of Wudang has exceeded Shaolin but Zhang Sanfeng was a master of great learning and integrity who for several hundred years has shaken the martial arts world, this matter can’t be argued.”

Feng Wanli said: “Master was sitting on chair, after listening to these words, he stood up and said: “You said Zhang Sanfeng creates the palm skills, what is great about that? For me those are really ordinary and sloppy skills. If we talk about his Nei jia techniques, this move is empty in reality, I only need to make such a dozen of moves and then that’s it….the opposite party is hit and defeated as simple as twisting my moustache. Also his Taiji sword skills…it’s like “parting the mane of a wild horse”, I only need to avoid his one move and then a foot kick and he will be on the ground in next moment. The sword skill of his Wudang sect is more of a primal chaos than some skill, how can it match my snow mountain sect’s swordsmanship?”

The master said these words and at the same time he was gesticulating all the moves simultaneously, the whistling wind because of the palm moves really frightened those two people and their complexion turned pale. Our numerous disciples were looking outside the door and no one dared to go inside.

Master continued demonstrating the moves and asked: “How are my martial art compared to that Buddhist monk Bodhidharma and that ox muzzle Zhang Sanfeng?”

Nan Daifu only said: ` This ......This ......”

Dai Daifu said:”We only have knowledge about the medicines and sickness, we cannot comment on martial art skills. As you said the martial art of the “power and virtue gentleman” is perhaps better than the Bodhidharma and Zhang Sanfeng.”

Grandma Shi scolded: “He is not even concerned about his face!”
    Feng Wanli didn’t understand if these words of Grandma Shi were for Dai Daifu or Master Bai.

He said: “Master cursed angrily immediately and said: “I have gesticulated these dozens moves, but you don’t trust my words, “perhaps”…. You said this word…. It might be as you are saying that I am speaking incorrectly!” As he spoke these words he attacked them with his palm moves and killed them then and there”

Grandma Shi listened to these words and couldn’t help to shiver. She looked at the other Snow mountain disciples. She saw that the complexion of them had turned to pale and they didn’t dare to look at her. Even their son Bai Wanjian was really ashamed and lowered his head.

She thought: “This sect had followed the tradition of never hurting someone who is paying a visit. Even the third commandment of the sect is ‘do not injure a person who is not from martial art world’; the fourth is: ‘do not injure innocent’. Leave alone injure, this old bastard has slaughtered his disciples, killed these two doctors again, violated the basic tenet that you don’t hurt a visitor at your own home, how can he remain the leader of this again?”

Only listened to Feng Wanli also saying: “Master opened the door immediately after that and looked at us indifferently and said: “Why are you all looking at me with such a strange look? Are you scolding me in your heart of killing the visitors who came to visit me in my home? Who decide that a person coming to pay visit to the Snow mountain sect can’t be killed here? What will happen if this thing happens, does the sky falls? It is after all decided by another human, why can’t we change these rules? If these stupid people had not come to visit me, than they would not have died. They could have fought with me and snatched the leadership of the sect than they could have refuted my word!”
    He points at the Yan Shidi and said: “Seventh child, you tell me. Who is the greatest martial art expert through the ages?”

Yan Shidi was really stubborn in nature, he said: “The disciple did not know!”
    The master was angry; he raised his voice and asked: Why don’t you know?”

Yan Shidi said: “Master has not taught, therefore I did not know.”
    The master said: “Is good, I will teach you today, the leader of the snow mountain sect “power and virtue gentleman” is easily the best swordsman in the world through the ages, his internal strength is the best, his skills in the concealed weapons is the best, he is a big hero and chivalrous person, a great master of profound learning and integrity! Now tell me what I have taught you.”

Yan Shidi said: The “disciple is stupid and cannot remember such a succession of words!”
    The master showed him his palm and shouted angrily: “Did you really not listen to my words?”

Yan Shidi said in a resentful tone: “The disciple remembers this much. The leader of the Snow mountain sect “power and virtue gentleman” is saying that he is the greatest swordsman of all time......”
    Master did not wait for him to complete his words and struck his palm on his forehead and shouted: “he added that sect ‘power and virtue gentleman’ “is saying that”….these three characters, what was his intention? What do you all think? “

When Yan Shidi was struck by his palm, his brain dashed out and he was dead instantly. The other people all got scared. They all followed the meaning of master and said all at once: “the leader of the snow mountain sect “power and virtue gentleman” is easily the best swordsman in the world through the ages, his internal strength is the best, his skills in the concealed weapons is the best, he is a big hero and chivalrous person, a great master of profound learning and integrity” They all said what master said verbatim and master was happy as he walked away.”