Thread: The Misfits 《貼錯門神》

Default The Misfits 《貼錯門神》

Anybody heard of this show? I never heard of it, but it has Wong Yuen Sun in it, so im kinda interested. It looks like they made a movie out of it too. Here is the original theme intro:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB0D2HbwxQk
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 05:10 AM.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

I've heard of this series, but never saw it. It's proof positive that even back then, in the era of classic actors and classic directors/screenwriters, TVB put out PLENTY of crap.

Then again, maybe the show was funny. It definitely doesn't look like anything that took itself too seriously.

The show does look goofy, but it must have had some sort of success for them to make a movie out of it. Also Wong Yuen Sun is in it and Adam Cheng sang the themesong, im SOLD.
    "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put it in a bottle it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow, or it can crash. Be water my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by almo89 View Post
    The show does look goofy, but it must have had some sort of success for them to make a movie out of it. Also Wong Yuen Sun is in it and Adam Cheng sang the themesong, im SOLD.
    Oh, I'm sure it was a hit. To me, though, at least based on the scenes we're shown here, it seems like a waste of Wong Yeun Sun's acting talent to put him in something like this.

But TVB did the same thing with all their talent, even back then. In the same year that Chow Yun Fat played Hui Mun Keung in THE BUND, he also played Ah Lung - this goofy young delinquent in 1970s/1980s Hong Kong with the brains of a brick who struggled to pay his rent each month.

I guess the actors were versatile...and willing to put up with a lot to climb the entertainment industry ladder.