View Poll Results: Who is the worst master in JY novels?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Huang Yaoshi

2 4.65%
  • Cheng Kun

30 69.77%
  • Yue Buqun

9 20.93%
  • Other

2 4.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is the worst master in JY novels - Huang Yaoshi, Cheng Kun or Yue Buqun?

Post Who is the worst master in JY novels - Huang Yaoshi, Cheng Kun or Yue Buqun?

In JY novels, all 3 of them are capable of being cruel or hardhearted towards their disciples (well, in fact they do..). But which one among them, is the worst master one can possibly, and unluckily get?
    ..ext88

Huang Yaoshi was badtempered, but all he really did was break his students' legs after two of them betrayed him and eloped.

Yue Buqun was a bad bad man, but he didn't really screw over his disciples much, save for LHC, but that was after LHC did a lot of stupid shit to embarass him.

Cheng Kun tried to rape his student's wife and murdered her and her entire family. Um, he wins.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Ding Chunqiu is worse than all of the above combined. Cheng Kun only screwed over one disciple (that we know about), but Ding Chunqiu was a habitual disciple-screwer who ruined many an innocent life.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

My nomination is Qi Changfa from A Deadly Secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Wo Xing View Post
    Huang Yaoshi was badtempered, but all he really did was break his students' legs after two of them betrayed him and eloped.

Yue Buqun was a bad bad man, but he didn't really screw over his disciples much, save for LHC, but that was after LHC did a lot of stupid shit to embarass him.

Cheng Kun tried to rape his student's wife and murdered her and her entire family. Um, he wins.
    Agree. Cheng Kun is absolutely the monster.
    Yue Buqun was a bad man. However, he actually love LHC like a son. I somehow think LHC owes him.

PJ, who is Ding Chunqiu? from which novel?

Ding Chun Qiu was from Tian Long Ba Bu. He was the leader of the poison using pact that was a branch from Xiao Yao Pai. Ah Zi was his disciple, whom he blinded.

Yeah DCQ takes the cake from the novels I've read, although I voted for Cheng Kun. CK would have been ok, if XX wasn't part of Ming Cult.

Comeon HYS doesn't deserve to be up there. Remember all his disciples loved him. The innocent 4 never disobeyed his order even when he wronged them by kicking them out and breaking their legs.

Quote Originally Posted by yittz View Post
    Ding Chun Qiu was from Tian Long Ba Bu. He was the leader of the poison using pact that was a branch from Xiao Yao Pai. Ah Zi was his disciple, whom he blinded.

Yeah DCQ takes the cake from the novels I've read, although I voted for Cheng Kun. CK would have been ok, if XX wasn't part of Ming Cult.

Comeon HYS doesn't deserve to be up there. Remember all his disciples loved him. The innocent 4 never disobeyed his order even when he wronged them by kicking them out and breaking their legs.
    Also, Huang Yaoshi inwardly admitted his mistake, and worked to make amends, developing a kicking technique that was ostensibly a combat technique, but whose real purpose was to restore leg movement to his crippled disciples. When Mei Chaofeng died, he mourned for her. The only disciple whom he didn't mourn, in one way or another, was Chen Xuanfeng.

Well he wanted to kill GJ. Not sure if that was pride or sadness. Probably pride.

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    Oh he's up there.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Ding Chunqiu is worse than all of the above combined. Cheng Kun only screwed over one disciple (that we know about), but Ding Chunqiu was a habitual disciple-screwer who ruined many an innocent life.

I think Ding is unique in that he is not only a contender for Worst Master, he is also a top contender for Worst Disciple!
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CC View Post
    I think Ding is unique in that he is not only a contender for Worst Master, he is also a top contender for Worst Disciple!
    Ding Chunqiu was a bad guy in general, in many aspects.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Quote Originally Posted by convoy View Post
    He ain't that bad, if it weren't for his greed.

He and Di Yun would have continued their seemingly good master-disciple relationship if the treasure in the novel (that he was finding), didn't existed.
    Last edited by Extremer88; 01-03-09 at 01:50 PM.
    ..ext88

It's actually kind of hard to separate Ding Chunqiu and Cheng Kun, and determine who's the worse master.

What CK did to Xie Xun, was also pretty much tragic for the latter. Considering that both of them have a very close and respectful master-disciple relationship prior to the events, XX must have been feeling surprised, shocked and helpless.
    ..ext88

But DCQ pretty much mind raped all his students. We don't see the before after pictures like we do with CK's XX. One can compare the 'perfect' Ah Zhu to the demoness Ah Zi, although I agree siblings can have very different personalities. Also DCQ may seek out crappy students. He commented while fighting MRF, killing a few student won't matter, the world is full of suckups that will bow to him.

Huang Yaoshi wasn't that bad a master.
    Cheng Kun and Yue Buqun are both guilty of murder but I would day that Cheng Kun is worse because he murded an infant.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

Default LHC & YBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Agree. Cheng Kun is absolutely the monster.
    Yue Buqun was a bad man. However, he actually love LHC like a son. I somehow think LHC owes him.
    How does Linghu Chong owe Yue Buqun? In fact I thought that one ofLinghu Chong's flaws was that he kept going back to his precious master even after he betrayed him several times. I got the impression that Yue Buqun didn't love Linghu Chong at all. Linghu Chong was only a scapegoat. Yue Buqun was an evil, selfish, hypocritical, murderer.
    "I'd call you a genius... but I'm in the room."
    -Doctor Who

This is a loaded question. You're comparing HYS to 2 of the big villains in their respective books.

Huang YaoShi - crippled all of his disciples even though they didn't do anything wrong. Injustice yet they all still have heaps of respect for him. Level of "worst" - 7/10

Cheng Kun - The begger head was treated fairly well, never experienced any injust albiet he was evil himself. He had his mind set out to ruin Tse Shun so I don't really consider Tse Shun being a wrong master. Wrong master just treats all of them wrong. Level of "worst" - 8/10

Yue Buqun - dilebrately hurt/kill a lot of his own disciples. Gets jealous easily. His cravings to rule the wulin world pushed him to the point of no return. Never really had much to teach his disciples anyway. Level of "worst" - 10/10.

HYS - had some sort of morals to teach his student and he's ranked as the best so there are loads to learn.
    CK - Evil baldie but sure yield evil students. If you want to learn how to be a sucessful villian, sign up with him.
    YBQ - what an idiot. had no skills or brains.

worst master - YBQ.
    Hatred is a curve blade. The harm we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

i tell you, some ppl argue for the sake of arguing.

How can we have forgotten You Tanzhi's father's master?

He who proclaimed that if one of his disciples ever lost grip of his weapon, then he must commit suicide.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    How can we have forgotten You Tanzhi's father's master?

He who proclaimed that if one of his disciples ever lost grip of his weapon, then he must commit suicide.

That is debatable. I think those 2 You Brothers took the words too literally.

Maybe the Master was just trying to show them that high level of kung-fu understanding of 'weapon is in the heart' or ' weapon and person are one' and those 2 goons never got the message.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!