Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Gallen Lo engaged, to be married end of 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    How do you know what BebeReen said is the "real face" of the guy? How do you know that BebeReen's story is even completely true, and not exaggerated by her own interpretation? Maybe she's just a troll who made everything up to get kicks out of people. I've seen people on forums make up horrible stories about celebrities that appear true, but end up being complete lies and trolling. So how do you know BebeReen isn't doing the same?

I get where you're coming from with your post, but how you are able to treat things so credulously is beyond me.
    I don't know but assume what she said is the truth. There is no reason for her to lie as she benefits nothing for doing so. If she does and spread it throughout internet, then it will backfire her.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I don't know but assume what she said is the truth. There is no reason for her to lie as she benefits nothing for doing so. If she does and spread it throughout internet, then it will backfire her.
    Maybe you should look up what a "troll" is.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

i posted this because i just want to share my feeling..because i really can't accept their behavior. you don't need to say that i made up a story or lied or exaggerated, i have no point of doing that! only GOD knows what i said is true.

but all of you can only said MAYBE they thought we were paparazzis. what do you think he would do if he knew we were not paparazzis? gave us signature? and then took a pic with us? i don't think so. he still would've done the same thing. because he was too afraid that his fans or someone who know them will post their picture in the internet and then everyone will know that they are getting married or had married. i thought marriage is a happy thing, wat's he so afraid of?

I didn't say that you made up the story. I said that you could have and that people have done such in the past, so it's not something unusual.

How would you know what he would have done if he knew you were a fan? You're only speculating that he would've done the same. He may not have.

Like I've mentioned before - even if you are a fan, celebrities may still be reluctant to let you take pictures, not because of what you'd do with them, but because what other paparazzi may do to them if they somehow got their hands on the pictures. To illustrate, another forum I go to, someone mentioned that they had taken private photos of a band that was not supposed to be released. But somehow someone got a hold of these pictures and they were released all over the Internet. So clearly, these things can happen. This is why many celebrities only allow fan photos at designated events.
    My love and my agony.

like i've said, i still thought marriage is a happy thing, not a thing that not supposed to spread except they cheated on their real partners or something like that. but since i read on the internet that he was divorced and public also have known about their relationship, so what's he afraid of?

after all, i still want to thank to all of you who have read and posted your opinion. but please don't maligned people if you don't really know the truth.

jaded: is it possible if i want to delete the post i've made? how? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BebeReen View Post
    i posted this because i just want to share my feeling..because i really can't accept their behavior. you don't need to say that i made up a story or lied or exaggerated, i have no point of doing that! only GOD knows what i said is true.

but all of you can only said MAYBE they thought we were paparazzis. what do you think he would do if he knew we were not paparazzis? gave us signature? and then took a pic with us? i don't think so. he still would've done the same thing. because he was too afraid that his fans or someone who know them will post their picture in the internet and then everyone will know that they are getting married or had married. i thought marriage is a happy thing, wat's he so afraid of?
    I did not say you made up the story, lied, or exaggerated and I did not excuse Gallen Lo's behavior...

like i've said, i still thought marriage is a happy thing, not a thing that not supposed to spread except they cheated on their real partners or something like that. but since i read on the internet that he was divorced and public also have known about their relationship, so what's he afraid of?

after all, i still want to thank to all of you who have read and posted your opinion. but please don't maligned people if you don't really know the truth.

jaded: is it possible if i want to delete the post i've made? how? thanks.
    Paparazzi have ways of making even the happiest things look bad. They also have ways of obtaining materials, such as photos (either taken by themselves or stolen from other people), to do so. That's just unfortunately how it is.

No one is trying to "malign" you. People just present their opinions in response to what you said. You can't post on an anonymous forum expecting everyone to believe you and not doubt what you say. Again, just the way things are.

You can't delete a post on your own, I don't think. You can always just edit the post you want to remove and leave it as something like "Edit: Post deleted by author" or something.
    My love and my agony.

I did not say you made up the story, lied, or exaggerated and I did not excuse Gallen Lo's behavior...
    i know you didn't. thank u so much. but other people did. Trinie did.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I didn't say that you made up the story. I said that you could have and that people have done such in the past, so it's not something unusual.

How would you know what he would have done if he knew you were a fan? You're only speculating that he would've done the same. He may not have.

Like I've mentioned before - even if you are a fan, celebrities may still be reluctant to let you take pictures, not because of what you'd do with them, but because what other paparazzi may do to them if they somehow got their hands on the pictures. To illustrate, another forum I go to, someone mentioned that they had taken private photos of a band that was not supposed to be released. But somehow someone got a hold of these pictures and they were released all over the Internet. So clearly, these things can happen. This is why many celebrities only allow fan photos at designated events.
    If he was so afraid of paparazzi spreading his pictures then why did he allow the dutchs take it freely? If paparazzi have the ability of getting his pictures from the asians, then what make the dutchs so special that the paparazzi unable to get his picture from them?

If what BebeReen said is true, then it's clearly that Gallen treated asian as second class people in public.

If he was so afraid of paparazzi spreading his pictures then why did he allow the dutchs take it freely? If paparazzi have the ability of getting his pictures from the asians, then what make the dutchs so special that the paparazzi unable to get his picture from them?

If what BebeReen said is true, then it's clearly that Gallen treated asian as second class people in public.
    We are going in circles.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

1) but all of you can only said MAYBE they thought we were paparazzis. what do you think he would do if he knew we were not paparazzis?2) gave us signature? and then took a pic with us? i don't think so. he still would've done the same thing. because he was too afraid that his fans or someone who know them will post their picture in the internet and then everyone will know that they are getting married or had married. i thought marriage is a happy thing, wat's he so afraid of?
    Look at the 2 lines in bold. Aren't you, too, making the same assumption (as some of us did in your opinion) on Gallen Lo too?

Marriage, generally speaking, is a happy thing. And since you can't read his mind and understand why he did all that stunts, how can you expect him to sit there, in a totally happyface, welcome you to take his pictures?

Honestly, if I were you, I honestly would mind my own business and leave them to take their happy marriage photos. And, none of those pissed, would have happened. - Actor and actress? So what? He is not going to pay for my ticket fare anyway. You see my point?

Disclaimer: No time to waste on becoming any fan of his, or any celebrity in general.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 09-17-09 at 02:48 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Look at the 2 lines in bold. Aren't you, too, making the same assumption (as some of us did in your opinion) on Gallen Lo too?

Marriage, generally speaking, is a happy thing. And since you can't read his mind and understand why he did all that stunts, how can you expect him to sit there, in a totally happyface, welcome you to take his pictures?

Honestly, if I were you, I honestly would mind my own business and leave them to take their happy marriage photos. And, none of those pissed, would have happened. - Actor and actress? So what? He is not going to pay for my ticket fare anyway. You see my point?

Disclaimer: No time to waste on becoming any fan of his.
    we weren't taking their pictures because they are actor and actress. we wanted to take because we felt that the couple is so beautiful and everyone else is also taking. so we didn't have idea that it would be trouble for them if we also took their pictures. and after that we felt very upset because we were the only one that not allowed to snap while other dutch could freely took their pictures.
    Do you think we will be upset if everyone was not allowed to take their pics? of course no, and we would definitely mind our own business and left them.

He did that to the dutch. He let them took his pictures while chased away the asian couple. Are you a fan of his? Why do you keep defending the fact that he treated the asian as second class people in the public?

He did that to the dutch. He let them took his pictures while chased away the asian couple. Are you a fan of his? Why do you keep defending the fact that he treated the asian as second class people in the public?
    Are you purposely ignoring what people have said many times already?

TC and BebeReen

This arguement is going NO where.

If Gallen and his fiancee visit the Netherlands, they're just visitors to a foreign country that's not theirs. Therefore, it would be NATURAL for them to not shoo the native people away while they're there taking their wedding photos. Where as Bebereen is a fellow Asian as Gallen Lo and his fiancee, so it is easier for them to NOT allow you to take pictures.

For example, if you and your nieces come visit another family's home. Your nieces and the family's kids did something they shouldn't be doing and it was deem rude or improper. You can only reprimand your nieces and not the family's kids because you're only guests at the family's house, you have no blood/family relation to that other family. Of course it is easier for you to scold your nieces than the other family's kids.

Same with the situation here, Gallen and his fiancee are merely visitors on foreign soil. They can't risk creating a scene while they're there on vacation and taking their wedding photos. What Gallen and his fiancee might've been arguably wrong and upseting to Bebereen, but it's a lesser damage thing. I mean there's probably more Dutch looking natives than Bebereen and her friend (both Asians) so it is easier to refuse them to take pictures. They were probably uncomfortable or not fine with ANYONE taking their pictures except the photographer. Instead of upsetting a bunch of other people, it is natural to think they could refuse the fellow Asian people there.

I don't think they have anything against you as an Asian, but because you're fellow Asians, it's easier to refuse you taking pictures than to refuse a larger group of people who aren't Asian. Because you're a fellow Asian, they would think you would understand (or not). They had to consider where they are--on foreign soil. They didn't want to create a BIG SCENE and have some international political scandal. They just wanted to be there to have their wedding photos taken without a huger crowd of people who ACTUALLY knows who they are.

There's bigger things at stake than offending two fellow Asians.

BebeReen, if you're upset by what they did, then fine. You have every right, but they have the right to refuse you, too, without creating a bigger international scene in a foreign country.

I don't have to anyone's fan, I'm just giving you an alternative perspective.

Gallen Lo and his fiancee are celebrities, therefore, I'd excuse them for taking EXTRA precautions around the public.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-18-09 at 12:31 AM.

I reckon. It was a misunderstanding of both parties and one party being overly paranoid and the other being overly sensitive.

If I was that pissed off at them for 'showing racial favouritism', I would have taken as many pics as I possible can, within legal grounds, and tell them that I don't know who they are, or give a rats ***, but I am going to post these pics online anyway.

Seriously, I didn't know it was ok to go around in public places snapping photos of non-consenting strangers as one wishes. Are public toilets public?
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

Disclaimer: No time to waste on becoming any fan of his, or any celebrity in general.
    Do I need to increase the font size of my words or something, Mr. TC? You know I specially put that Disclaimer just for you!

You know what? It never occur to me that what he did to BebeReen and her friend was a form of racism. Instead, I feel that he has this intention of getting away from the asians community (as to get away from the GLAM/STARDOM) temporarily and get married like any normal asian couple (as a non-celebrity) in foreign land. I think, however, it was unpleasantly unexpected to them that they are again bumping into another asian in that foreign land. Clearly, they are well-known to most asians (as the assistant said) which means to BebeReen, she certainly sees him as a star rather than another just another couple taking photoshoots.

BebeReen, do you know why they carefreely allow those non-asians take pictures of them? IMO, I feel it's more like, in the eyes of those non-asians, this couple are just another marrying couple rather than "Gallen Lo and Sophie Su". Do you know where I'm coming from? Basically, the couple just needed some space to breathe and privacy. Give yourself some time and you should be able to straighten out that thought.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

i know you didn't. thank u so much. but other people did. Trinie did.
    I did not mean to say that you did, but who really knows?? ONLY you know that... As Jaded said, people have done things like this in the past. OR if you are not making it up entirely, you are exaggerating it to make it more of a big deal than it really is. Honestly, GET OVER it already since it is NO big deal... What is the point of going on and on about it??? Why should you care at all if you are not a fan of his???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I did not mean to say that you did, but who really knows?? ONLY you know that... As Jaded said, people have done things like this in the past. OR if you are not making it up entirely, you are exaggerating it to make it more of a big deal than it really is. Honestly, GET OVER it already since it is NO big deal... What is the point of going on and on about it??? Why should you care at all if you are not a fan of his???
    don't judge a people as a liar if u didn't really know the truth okay? how can you say i made up the story or exaggerated?? do you have any proof?? it's no big deal for you because u were not the person who went through it. for me, it's a BIG deal. do u have problem with it?? don't think that all people must have same mind with you. honestly, this matter doesn't have any relation at all with you, so i think it is you who should get over.
    Last edited by BebeReen; 09-17-09 at 06:27 PM.

You know what? It never occur to me that what he did to BebeReen and her friend was a form of racism.
    Actually I was the one who brought out the race card first. I did a preemptive strike on TC, but he missed the sarcasm and now using it as fact. -> Gallen Lo and co. treats Asians as second rate citizens.
    Member of HYS fanclub -> click here to join group.

Member of TC fanclub.

God damn, give Gallen Lo a break. He was obviously in a bad mood coz he realised he's made the biggest mistake of his life: getting married.

BebeReen, build a bridge and get over it. Even a toddler who had candies taken away from him would've stopped crying by now.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."