Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Chinese Series Are You Watching?

Quote Originally Posted by limeic View Post
    They filmed it at the REAL Wudang Mountains.

Hey thanks for the info. China's beautiful!!!

And now I going backwards and am watching Young Justice Bao 1, 2, & 3...ha ha of course I like 3!
    Am not very fluent in chinese but I like to watch the very complicated cases they solved. Like an Agatha Christie or Sherlock Holomes 'whodunit?'
    Last edited by sarapoot; 06-24-10 at 01:52 AM.

Am now watching the old series Ping Zong Xia Ying Lu (ATV production) . Storyline as compared the Mainland China TV Ping Zon Xia Ying, ATV is better. Both like ended almost the same- YL and CDF is together but China Series is way off the book, I think.

Am also looking into The Sword and the Book. I dont find a real nice CCL in any of the productions. The best CCL was Adam Cheng. The rest are real disappointment, even the Mainland series in 2008.
    Hope they do a remake with better actors and hope they stick to the storyline.

Watching "Wu Mei Niang" with Alyssa Chia and Vincent Zhao Wen Zhuo. <3 <3 <3

I'm watching Ji Gong Xin Zhuan, the latest version. It's so funny! Zhang Lan Lan and Han Xue are so funny! Zhang Mo is the titular character, his look grows on you.

I'm def naming my next dog Ji Gong unless he/she looks like an Opie.
    I like me.

I just finished watching "Chinese Paladin 3" I wished Zi Xuan had given Chong Lou more consideration...well I guess that would have been out of character for her. It's interesting that Xi Yao [Yang Mi- so beautiful!] and Zi Xuan both waited for their respective soul mates, however Xi Yao was much more noble than Zi Xuan. The former acknowledged the reincarnated Jing Tian was not her Fei Peng while the latter obsessively clung onto Chang Qing from two life times over. Nonetheless, Tang Yan was just mesmerizing.

Mao Mao was my favorite character; he was adorable, selfless, heroic, and ultimately tragic. Honorable mention must be given to Xi Feng and Shui Bi...I've got a terrible soft spot for such couples...so romantic.
    I like me.

I just finished mainland series "The Girl in Blue" starred Joe Chen, Roy Qiu, William Feng

I watched it in one go, I like it eventhough it's a sad ending and kind of different with the original novel

I'm more than halfway through "Chang Jian Xiang Sai" or "Sword of the Outlaw" I love Li Bing Bing and Li Qian, but I don't really care for Chen Kun. Well, he's okay in his role, but he's only cute when he's with Li Qian though Li Bing Bing is the lead female. Li Bing Bing is so cute! She was so funny, mischievous, sweet, never got jealous [compared to Xia Qing Qing from SSWRB] of the other girl, basically gentle but a bit weak willed...the female character fit well with the male character. They were both inherently gentle people. I hear it's a sad ending so I won't watch it till the end haha.

I stopped watching SSWRB halfway through because Eva Huang's face got on my nerves. Curious, how come it seemed like her martial arts kept getting worse and worse in her time spent with Yuan Cheng Zhi? It's like, she was always screaming at him to help her. How did some people find her to be a likable Qing Qing? Oh and Bobby Dou looks strange the longer you look at him...but he has a likability about him.

I also just finished The God of Medicine, maybe I will write a review for it.
    I like me.

I've been watching the new Xi You Ji. Most entertaining.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I'm watching Summer Desire with Peter Ho, Huang Xiao Ming and Barbie Xu.
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

Watching: Duke of Mount Deer 2008 aka Royal Tramp.I like this series after watching the first episode:Wei Xiao Bao has a very witty way of thinking just makes you wonder.Who raised this kid?Why is he like this?I never read the book,so its very refreshing for me;although,I'm still wondering how can you handle and take care of all these 7 beautiful wives and have 3 children.Hey,have 1 woman per day out of the 7 days isn't so bad after all or have fun all at the same time

I do find this series very funny and just sit back and relax,slowly piece the story together compared to the other Jin Yong stories you actually have to focus into the story alittle deeper.This storyline does talks about China's historical of Kang Xi,which is nice to learn at the same time has a mixture of wuxia.
    Last edited by mind_wander; 08-25-10 at 10:38 PM.
    Check out: http://samthetypist.spaces.live.com/ ; Currently under construction;Check out http://www.soundclick.com/spcnet07 , provided by Sugar.

Summer's Desire is really getting on my nerves because the two guys are such losers. I'm addicted to "Tian Ya Zhi Nu" (formerly "Clothing The World") just for ONE reason:
    - Yuan Hong's super hotness
    Last edited by yangjia; 12-08-10 at 10:33 PM.

I recently finished Tang Lang Tan An (Detective Tanglang). It's pretty funny, though a bit overdramatic at times. My opinion of Wallace Huo has significantly improved now that I've actually seen him in action.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I recently watch Shen Tan Di Ren Jie 1'st season

the plot is great... that old man is really a genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kurenai86 View Post
    I recently watch Shen Tan Di Ren Jie 1'st season

the plot is great... that old man is really a genius
    Is it the one with Yang Mi in it? I've been thinking of buying the DVD, but the series is not that popular, so I haven't seen any reviews about it.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Is it the one with Yang Mi in it? I've been thinking of buying the DVD, but the series is not that popular, so I haven't seen any reviews about it.
    No, that is Shen Tan Di RenJie-Qian Chuan, the prequel of Shen Tan Di Ren Jie I watch
    I watch this series: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Shen_Tan_Di_Ren_Jie
    Di Ren Jie is a great detective

Just watch it and be patient
    they got a lot of surprize in the series, more than the movie with Andy Lau.
    And his guard named Li Yuan Fang is so cool, he reminds me of Bao Zheng's Zhan Zhao, eventhough he is not so good looking like Zhan ZHao
    Last edited by Kurenai86; 10-22-10 at 01:44 AM.

Du La La Shen Zhi Ji (Story of Du Lala's Promotion) starring Wang Luodan and Li Guangjie. Best. Series. Ever.
    hu ge, yang mi, yuan hong, liu shishi.
    wang luodan, li guangjie.

I'm currently watching Detective Tang Lang, a.k.a. Tang Lang Tan An, with Wallace Huo and Zhang Meng. I'm on episode 5 right now and it's quite amazing so far. All the actors and actresses are great (especially Wallace Huo and Huang Jue). The plot, pacing, action sequences, intrigue, and costumes are all excellent as well. Definitely worth watching.

I've just finished Feng Chuan Mu Dan (鳳穿牡丹) which has made me a BIG fan of Li Xiaoran. She may not be classically beautiful, but when you see her act, it's like wow! I mean just with this series, she becomes much more beautiful than Liu Yifei to me.

Don't think much of Hawick Lau (刘恺威) who's the male lead. Maybe it's more to do with his blockhead character. But to my surprise, I found out that he's the real son of the actor who played Hong Qi Gong in LOCH1982 and ROCH1983!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 05-15-11 at 06:53 AM.

now watching mei ren xing ji thru tv2. but how all of u managed to watch mainland show at?

im looking for the 1986TVB version The New HEavenly Sword and DRagon Sabre. Can someone direct me where i can find it?