Thread: So someone has been growing marijuana a block away from my house...

Default So someone has been growing marijuana a block away from my house...

Last week, local news here in Diamond Bar broke that the sheriff's department had found a fairly large marijuana field grown on a hillside in the shadow of the town's community center. That's only about a block from where I live.

Marijuana plants? Large quantities of them near my house? OK, my curiosity was piqued.

So I walked out there with these heavy rubber boots (the kind construction workers use in flooded areas), knowing that I'd be getting into the thorny chapparal if I were going to get a good look.

I walked over to the edge of the hillside when I heard this big booming voice.

"Stop there, sir!"

It was a sheriff's deputy.

He asked me what I was doing there, and I told him a bit nervously that I had come to check out the marijuana plants.

That didn't come out right. I thought I was going to be busted for sure.

The officer, fortunately, figured that I probably wasn't a pothead...just an overly curious civilian. So he told me that the area was off-limits because of the marijuana discovery and to stay away.

He didn't have to tell me twice.

Still, it explains why I sometimes feel a bit spaced out after I visit the park near the community center.

I'm glad your suicide mission failed!
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I'm glad your suicide mission failed!
    I guess I could've been shot, eh?

I wasn't trying to take the marijuana plants. I only wanted to see for myself as I'd never seen any real ones before.

Of course, it probably wouldn't have mattered to a trigger-happy cop.

what do you guys think about the legalization of marijuana? I think Holland is the only country that sell "cookies" at donut shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    what do you guys think about the legalization of marijuana? I think Holland is the only country that sell "cookies" at donut shops.
    It'd have to be regulated the same way tobacco and alcohol are regulated. Overall, I understand the long-term adverse health effects of marijuana use are actually somewhat less harmful than those of tobacco or excessive alcohol use.

I was still surprised that there was a huge field of them being grown illegally literally just a few hundred feet away from where I live. If there were to be a brush fire out there, the entire neighborhood would be high.

It'd be fun to see, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    It'd have to be regulated the same way tobacco and alcohol are regulated. Overall, I understand the long-term adverse health effects of marijuana use are actually somewhat less harmful than those of tobacco or excessive alcohol use.

I was still surprised that there was a huge field of them being grown illegally literally just a few hundred feet away from where I live. If there were to be a brush fire out there, the entire neighborhood would be high.

Yeah marijuana is actually less harmful physically than tobacco. Holland's probably the only country that has it legal there. Lot of people there eat it as "cookies".

I think movies over dramatize the effects of marijuana like Harold and Kumar.

I guess I could've been shot, eh?

I wasn't trying to take the marijuana plants. I only wanted to see for myself as I'd never seen any real ones before.

Of course, it probably wouldn't have mattered to a trigger-happy cop.
    You wouldn't be shot for weed. That's really small stuff.

Yeah marijuana is actually less harmful physically than tobacco. Holland's probably the only country that has it legal there. Lot of people there eat it as "cookies".

I think movies over dramatize the effects of marijuana like Harold and Kumar.
    One of my college buddies smoked a joint before he went with me to see the Beatles' YELLOW SUBMARINE cartoon movie when it was re-released in the cinemas about a decade ago. I liked the movie, but I think my buddy "saw" more of it than I did.

You wouldn't be shot for weed. That's really small stuff.
    Maybe not for the weed, but for trespassing on property that's been cordoned off by the narc squad.

American cops can get a little trigger happy sometimes.

I have no problem with legalizing marijuana as long as it's treated just like other substances like tabacco and alcohol. Similar laws could be made towards marijuana purchase, i.e. legal age, driving regulations, etc. To be honest, I'd rather have marijuana legalized and tabacco illegalized, since tabacco is more harmful in the long run (for the user and people around them).
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

Come to think of it, if that cop hadn't shown up, I don't know for sure that I wouldn't have taken at least a few marijuana leaves home...

I don't smoke, but I do enjoy drinking tea...

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I have no problem with legalizing marijuana as long as it's treated just like other substances like tabacco and alcohol. Similar laws could be made towards marijuana purchase, i.e. legal age, driving regulations, etc. To be honest, I'd rather have marijuana legalized and tabacco illegalized, since tabacco is more harmful in the long run (for the user and people around them).
    Convenience stores selling cookies? lol.

Come to think of it, if that cop hadn't shown up, I don't know for sure that I wouldn't have taken at least a few marijuana leaves home...

I don't smoke, but I do enjoy drinking tea...
    LOL. Marijuana tea?

I personally think movies and rap songs over-glorify marijuana.

LOL. Marijuana tea?
    It's all dried leaves in one form or another.

I personally think movies and rap songs over-glorify marijuana.
    My buddy had this fiendish smile on his face before, during, and after that shagadelic Beatles cartoon.

If we're talkin about a "LARGE" mj field...sure you could have been shot! Either by the perpetrator/s trying to protect their stash or a nervous cop.

They should just legalize it. MJ is readibly availible everywhere from your corner dealers to Shops requiring prescription. And the darn prescriptions are as easy to get as the product itself. Yes the shops here sell from brownies to cookies etc.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    If we're talkin about a "LARGE" mj field...sure you could have been shot! Either by the perpetrator/s trying to protect their stash or a nervous cop.
    Cop, more likely. The narc squad has been patrolling the area all week.

They should just legalize it. MJ is readibly availible everywhere from your corner dealers to Shops requiring prescription.
    There are head shops up and down the block out on Melrose Avenue in L.A. I guess they operate under the guise of selling incense and old hippie records.

Cop, more likely. The narc squad has been patrolling the area all week.

There are head shops up and down the block out on Melrose Avenue in L.A. I guess they operate under the guise of selling incense and old hippie records.
    For a moment, I thought you were located in Canada... since the marijuana is also grown here

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    For a moment, I thought you were located in Canada... since the marijuana is also grown here
    I thought Canada might be a little too cold for marijuana.

Here in Southern California, I'd be surprised if my hillside were the only one within a fifty mile radius where the stuff is growing. The mediterranean climate here lends itself well to marijuana cultivation.

i don't like getting high anymore
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

You forgot Amsterdam! I've heard everything is legal there - people make out in 'shops' and get high, and prostitution is a respected occupation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    I actually think legalising the drug will make it less dangerous. People want what they can't have. It's human nature. Knowing it's illegal, people will go any lengths to get it. If we legalise it, I think this would be actually beneficial. Amsterdam, you'd think this isn't good for them, but they have one of the best crime rates in the world!
    Last edited by Sourplum; 06-30-09 at 01:37 AM.

I thought Canada might be a little too cold for marijuana.

Here in Southern California, I'd be surprised if my hillside were the only one within a fifty mile radius where the stuff is growing. The mediterranean climate here lends itself well to marijuana cultivation.
    In Canada, marijuana is grown inside the houses.

hahahaha, i'm actually imagining it right now.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.