4 22.22%
  • 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence

1 5.56%
  • Below 90

3 16.67%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your IQ ?

Default What's your IQ ?

I did not find a similar topic, so here goes.

If you know your IQ score from a previous IQ test, please share it in the poll (it's anonymous).

This is just to see what kind of IQ is present in the SPCNET population
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

btw, the definitions of each score range came from http://wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html

PJ,

Doesn't matter anyway in the real life does it?

Richard feynman whom i absolutely adore apparently only have an IQ of ~ 125. Figure that out.

Anyway, i have never been formally tested and unless you can give me a link to try, i can't really participate in this poll.

Han solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

IQ tests are actually quite debatable in terms of what they measure. They measure certain small aspects of one's intelligence (though even what intellgience itself actually means is still up for definition), but definitely not the whole thing.

I mean, Bush has a pretty high IQ (around 120), but I doubt many people would consider him to be an overall intelligent person. In fact, his IQ score surprised both his supporters and opposers, since no one expected him to do well on such tests.
    Because I'm somewhere in between,
    My love and my agony.

The tests always tend to involve Mathematics, which I am terrible at. That's my only impression of IQ tests.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

There are no online test for IQ, one need to go to nearest Mensa branch for testing. In KL located in PJ, you have to pay for about RM45.00 per test.

My IQ is a little bit above an ant and a little bit lower than an anteater.

IQ could be important but I would place EQ above IQ.

Oh, and I hate Maths.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Oh, and I hate Maths.
    Shake hands!
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Shake hands!
    Yeah, let's shake hands and bang balls.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

A math prodigy is a genius but a genius doesn't need to be a math prodigy .

For the MAT (Mensa Admission Test):

The MAT is a kind of IQ test, testing in the areas of logic, analytical and spatial (visual) intelligence. It doesn't test the candidate in other areas of intelligence like linguistic, music, mathematical, etc.
    Malaysian Mensa Society IQ Test FAQ
    Last edited by rosely; 09-13-09 at 11:37 PM.

Will people who are poor in English or have difficulty in reading (i.e. Dyslexic) lost out? They might have a hard time understanding the questions and don't know what some key important words mean.
    Last edited by kidd; 09-14-09 at 12:50 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Will people who are poor in English or have difficulty in reading (i.e. Dyslexic) lost out. They might have a hard time understanding the questions and don't know what some key important words mean.
    That's one of the main criticisms of IQ tests. At least, IQ tests found in English-speaking countries. People who don't speak English well may score poorly, not because they are "unintelligent," but simply because they don't understand the question.

Also, most IQ tests do not take into consideration cultural differences. Certain IQ tests also include questions relating to one specific culture, which people from different cultures may just not know of.
    My love and my agony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded WenEr View Post
    That's one of the main criticisms of IQ tests. At least, IQ tests found in English-speaking countries. People who don't speak English well may score poorly, not because they are "unintelligent," but simply because they don't understand the question.

Also, most IQ tests do not take into consideration cultural differences. Certain IQ tests also include questions relating to one specific culture, which people from different cultures may just not know of.
    Well, just do the Mensa test, it's consists of pictures only and accepted worldwide and not related to any culture at all.

All the questions are the same and the test is called the Raven's Advance Progressive Matrices. The questions consist of pictures (graphics) only. There is no language and no numbers. It is not a test on memory or knowledge.
    Each question consist a “matrix” of nine pictures arranged in three rows of three pictures. The last picture (bottom row, right picture) is blank or missing. You are to find the answer from eight given possible answers. This is a multiple-choice question. There is a certain logic from right to left or top to bottom. There is only one correct answer. Pick one out of the eight given answers.

Here are some IQ tests if you want to test your IQ for fun. It's not the actual Mensa IQ test, but, you can use them to gauge your rough IQ.

Mensa Workout
    http://www.mensa.org/index0.php?page=12
    Free IQ Test
    http://www.free-iqtest.net/
    Okcupid's The Mensa Test
    http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-mensa-test

Quote Originally Posted by rosely View Post
    Well, just do the Mensa test, it's consists of pictures only and accepted worldwide and not related to any culture at all.
    I've done the Raven's Matrices before for an RA position, and scored quite high on it (at least, high enough that the lab ended up taking me).
    That said - although the Matrix eliminates possible problems such as language or cultural difference, it still taps into only one of the many aspects of intelligence. You are basically asked to look for a pattern, recognize it, and fit in the missing piece. Someone who does this well may not necessarily be a genius, and someone who does poorly at it may not necessarily be "unintelligent."

Intelligence is a complex, multifaceted trait, and no one (or two, or three, etc.) tests can truly gauge a person's true intelligence. One of the reasons is because there currently doesn't really exist a properly set definition for intelligence that the majority of scientists/social scientists/psychologists can universally agree on.
    My love and my agony.

All the questions are the same and the test is called the Raven's Advance Progressive Matrices. The questions consist of pictures (graphics) only. There is no language and no numbers. It is not a test on memory or knowledge.
    Each question consist a “matrix” of nine pictures arranged in three rows of three pictures. The last picture (bottom row, right picture) is blank or missing. You are to find the answer from eight given possible answers. This is a multiple-choice question. There is a certain logic from right to left or top to bottom. There is only one correct answer. Pick one out of the eight given answers.
    Hey, I've taken a similar test before in facebook. The whole test consist of picture sequences only.

Ultimate IQ Test
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=25869203952

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Doesn't matter anyway in the real life does it?
    The only objective of this topic is to survey the IQ scores of SPCNETers. That's it.

But, feel free to discuss the merits of IQ testing, as you all have thus far

Richard feynman whom i absolutely adore apparently only have an IQ of ~ 125. Figure that out.
    Only a score of 125? That falls in the elite category of Very superior intelligence. Isn't it a stellar score?

http://www.malaysianmensa.org/content/view/14/58/

What is the qualifying score?
    The qualifying score to be admitted to Malaysian Mensa is 148 or above. This is at the 98 th percentile or above.
    I certainly did not qualify as members then based on the non-official IQ tests I've done.

Hey, I've taken a similar test before in facebook. The whole test consist of picture sequences only.

Ultimate IQ Test
    http://www.facebook.com/apps/applica...id=25869203952
    I got 119 and I skip/shoot question 18, 19, 20 because the time is up and it's a bloody hell extremely difficult haha

http://www.malaysianmensa.org/content/view/14/58/

I certainly did not qualify as members then based on the non-official IQ tests I've done.
    LOL, me too - what!??? 148