Thread: Coco Lee - becoming a Singaporean?

Default Coco Lee - becoming a Singaporean?

[quote]
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://static.divaasia.com/action/PageImage/14102009061940/5582.jpg')
    Coco Lee - becoming a S'porean? by Tan Kee Yun
    http://www.divaasia.com/article/5582
    SHE loves Singapore so much that she is thinking of becoming a Singaporean.
    “I’m not kidding, I’m absolutely serious,” said a bubbly Coco Lee.
    “My sister is looking into the procedure of how to go about attaining (Singapore) citizenship.”
    The 34-year-old singer was born in Hong Kong but spent much of her childhood and youth in San Francisco.
    She holds American and Hong Kong citizenship.
    The curvaceous beauty was in town to promote her Mandarin album East To West, her first in three years.
    She was also the special guest performer at last Sunday night’s President Star Charity show.
    Looking sprightly and radiant as she spoke to the media at The Ritz-Carlton on Monday, she had nothing but praise for our “beautiful” city.
    “I love the greenery here. There are trees everywhere,” she said, flashing a wide smile.
    “The moment I arrived, I was hoping to try some durians, chicken rice or the food at the hawker centres.
    “My manager was so anxious about me eating at hawker centres, thinking it wouldn’t be ‘glamorous’ enough, but I really don’t mind. I love simple places!”
    According to Lianhe Wanbao, while backstage at the President Star Charity show, Coco went so far as to “personally express her interest” in becoming a Singapore citizen to President S R Nathan, who was the guest-of-honour that evening.
    President Nathan reportedly replied that she is “more than welcome” to do so.
    But was Coco just being over-friendly? It didn’t seem so – she was engrossed in the topic.

“Jet Li and Gong Li are Singapore citizens, right?” she asked reporters. “I want to be one too.”
    International gongfu star Jet Li, 46, became a Singapore citizen in July, while 42-year-old actress GongLi got her pink IC last November.
    However, when reporters quizzed Coco on whether her fiance knew about her intentions, she laughed and said:“He doesn’t know about it yet!”
    She joked that he will “most likely read about it on my Twitter page”.
    Coco has been engaged to Canadian businessman Bruce Philip Rockowitz, 50, since 2005.
    He adores Singapore too, she said.
    “Although this is my first work trip to Singapore in six years, both of us have visited Singapore over the last few years,on holiday.
    “The only thing he doesn’t share my love for is durian!”
    With her light golden-brown tan, Coco oozed sex appeal.
    Not surprisingly, she made the list of the World’s 25 Sexiest Pop Divas by TV channel E! Entertainment in February.
    She was the only Asian on the list, coming in 15th, beating Jennifer Lopez and Kylie Minogue.
    Alicia Keys, Rihanna and Leona Lewis took the top three positions respectively.
    The rankings were determined by the E! Entertainment producers.
    First Jet Li ,then Gong Li,will she become the next to become Singaporean?

Another celebrity wanting to become Singaporean??
    Do not get the appeal at all D:

It's not difficult. Citizenship here is cheap but the rewards are great.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Well, if she really wants to become a Singaporean by changing her nationality, that's fine by me. But why does she want to live there permanently? The rest of her family gonna move with her?
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.malaysianmirror.com/images/stories/Main_News/coco1.jpg')
    Singer Coco Lee likes Singapore so much that she intends to immigrate here.

The 34-year-old Hong Kong-born singer who was in Singapore over the weekend to perform on the President's Star Charity and to promote her latest Mandarin album "East to West", was full of praise for the city.

"I am seriously considering moving to Singapore. I really like the weather and food here, the streets are clean and the entire city is abundant with greenery. It’s great. I’ve been telling my sister for the past two days that I want to stay here," said Lee, who grew up in San Francisco.

Not one to pay lip service, Lee met and told Singapore's President SR Nathan of her intentions during the President's Star Charity and he extended his welcome in return.

During a media interview, the songbird told reporters that once she returns home, she will collect material and find out more about migrating.

Despite the scorching heat, Lee felt she is more suited to the weather in Singapore as she is sensitive to the cold.

She described the local food as “unforgettable” and professed to have a love for chicken rice and durians.

Lee who has been engaged to Canadian businessman Bruce Rockowitz since 2005, also mentioned that she might possibly set up a family here, “just like Jet Li and Gong Li”.

Though her fiance is not aware of her plans to move here, she said that she believes that he will not object to it as he likes the place and both of them often come to Singapore.