View Poll Results: Who do you like more?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yang Guo

10 31.25%
  • Little Dragon Girl

7 21.88%
  • Are you kidding? Both of them sucks!!!

15 46.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yang Guo v Little Dragon Girl - Who do you like more?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I do not like both of them because of the age differences.
    Their age difference is only 4 years.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You'll understand if you hang out here long enough.

Overall, we're not the Yeung Gor-friendliest wuxia forum, and I'm personally the GRAND WIZARD OF HATE when it comes to him and Little Dragon Girl.
    Woah why? I'm 10 episodes done out of 41 episodes of roch 2006... and I like Yang Guo. Xiaolongnu... no hate, it's ok for me.

I am happy to see that the number of votes for the third option far outnumbers the first two! Cheers!
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Nianci View Post
    Woah why? I'm 10 episodes done out of 41 episodes of roch 2006... and I like Yang Guo. Xiaolongnu... no hate, it's ok for me.
    1. I'm assuming that by Episode 10, nothing much has happened... As a result, Yang Guo hasn't had ample opportunity to disgust the viewers yet.
    2. Who knows? The producer might have changed the Yang Guo character to make him likable... Would have to have been one hell of a change, though.
    3. Perhaps read ROCH? Or if the entire book is too long, just read some of the ickiest sections, and your opinion of YG and XLN might turn around 180 degrees.
    欲取鸣琴弹,恨无知音赏。~孟浩然

Quote Originally Posted by HuangRong View Post
    I am happy to see that the number of votes for the third option far outnumbers the first two! Cheers!
    It's renewed my flagging faith in humanity somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by HuangRong View Post
    1. I'm assuming that by Episode 10, nothing much has happened... As a result, Yang Guo hasn't had ample opportunity to disgust the viewers yet.
    2. Who knows? The producer might have changed the Yang Guo character to make him likable... Would have to have been one hell of a change, though.
    3. Perhaps read ROCH? Or if the entire book is too long, just read some of the ickiest sections, and your opinion of YG and XLN might turn around 180 degrees.
    YG is probably my favorite WuXia character. Then again I prefer characters who aren't stereotypically good and upright.

I've seen most of the adaptions including RenXianQi's in 1999. I haven't seen the Singapore one.

The first couple of episodes of ROCH 2006 (the one with HuangXiaoMing) is basically unwatchable for me due to the child actor who plays YG. He's seems to be an awful caricature of what old people expect a boy to behave like.

The rest of that series wasn't all that great either since they seemed to rushed through the story, and instead spent a lot of time on these surreal colorful scenery shots. Is there an extended version of that somewhere? I seem to recall the whole HQG and OYF arc lasted about 10 minutes in this adaption.

If you haven't read the translation here on SPCNET then you should do so. There's also audio CDs of Jin Yong's works in Mandarin if you can understand spoken Mandarin but are unable to read Chinese. A fairly good PC RPG was also made in the late 90's for ROCH that's fairly close to the story but expanded upon the 16 years.
    HK47: Now do you understand the travails of my existence master? Surely it does not compare to your existence but still...
    You: I survive somehow
    HK47: As do I. It is our lot in life I suppose master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

-KotOR

I like both. However with regard to XLN, I think I only like her as a character on screen. Cold, mysterious and ice-like characters are intriguing to me. If there was a person like XLN in real life, I don't think I would like her. Mostly because she would be hard to get to know, much less draw close to. So between the two, I like YG more.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary View Post
    I like both. However with regard to XLN, I think I only like her as a character on screen. Cold, mysterious and ice-like characters are intriguing to me. If there was a person like XLN in real life, I don't think I would like her. Mostly because she would be hard to get to know, much less draw close to. So between the two, I like YG more.
    Why do so many people hate them? LOL In this really big poll about who's your favourite female Condor Trilogy character, suprisely Xiaolongnu got the second most votes.... LOL and here everyone seens to hate her:s.

I agree with all that you said there, but one. Xiaolong, I don't LIKE her as a character, she's ok to me. She's boring to me sometimes, just like how Guo Jing does, but for some reason I find him annoying, where Xiaolongnu isn't to me LOL.

I like Yang Guo better than Xiaolongnu too... he's a really interesting character LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? :s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu Nianci View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? :s.
    "The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind..."

Time to whip out and use those critical thinking and interpretation skills; it's the only way you'll find the answer to life's deepest mysteries.