View Poll Results: What was your role in schoolyard violence during childhood?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I mostly got beaten up by bullies.

2 25.00%
  • I was mostly the bully beating up the other kids.

2 25.00%
  • Bystander. I didn't get involved in stuff like that.

4 50.00%

Thread: School Days: Which side of the schoolyard violence were you on?

Default School Days: Which side of the schoolyard violence were you on?

Schoolyard violence. It's a reality of education, especially during the elementary school years. Even if you're lucky enough to have never been directly involved in it, you probably witnessed it.

So in terms of schoolyard violence during your youth, what was typically your role?

Both sides. I was an unpopular outsider, so I had to endure quite a lot of punches and verbal abuse. And I sometimes became violent in defense - and I gotta confess there were a few months when I behaved like a total bully - "do unto others before they do unto you", as some might say...

Never a bystander, though. Sometimes I had to suffer bullying from others, sometimes I defended someone else from bullies, sometimes I kicked a kid who did nothing to deserve it besides being somewhat irritating...
    Come to think of it, I started out as a harmless quiet loner but turned into a pretty messed up little bugger during my primary school years...
    Gods, I hated primary school.
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Luckily I got a bit of brain and I used it to feed my mafia gang friends, especially during exam. That's how I always got protection and sometimes... enjoy it against any rival.

Hmm I got bullied in school, but was never hit by them.

Though I did get into fight with one of them at a point. Surprisingly enough, the girl's friend, who was the girl bullying me most of the time, tried to stop us from fighting and didn't get back at me for fighting with that girl.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Neither... we no angels, nor we into violence.... but jealousy and pettiness aplenty... the most we got... the popular girl versus the ice princess
    May my Earendil be Light in your Darkness when others Died out.

Even as a child I believed it was beneath me to dabble in such petty squabbling. I was never in the middle of a girl fight either. or gossip for that matter though many of my best friends extracurricular activities were fodder for such antics.

I was one of the smartest kids in school who kept to myself, and I guess to boot I was friends with some of the more popular girls too, but this was solely for my intellectual input LOL. However, that's not to say I've never gotten into a fight. The first time was to defend my brother. The second, and last time, was also to defend the same brother. His social skills were even more awkward than mine. I won both and they were against boys. But I cheated cause I used whatever crutch I had at the moment to smack them down. This is because I was also [and always] one of the smallest kids.

My brother on the other hand grew out of bullying. Literally, he made a defensive lineman position on our highschool football team [we're a year apart]. How strange since I'm 5ft and some change and more or less 120lbs. He's a foot taller and 2x my body weight. How did we come out the same woman?

My youngest brother inherited both our legacies and was the cutest and most charming sibling [still is actually]. No one had any bones to pick with him and his deep dimpled smile.
    I like me.

I got beat up in first grade. The guy that beat me up got expelled/transferred to another school. Later I met him in 3rd grade and he was like, "Remember me?" Heh. Those were the days.

i got teased alot in elementary, especially from 2nd to 4th grade. verbal insults but never physical although i remember in 2nd grade, while waiting for my school bus, this kid in the 3rd grade pushed me & i cried a little lol. then he transferred or whatever and saw him again in 7th grade and i remember thinking to myself "wow this ****er isn't going anywhere with his life, HAH" in middle school, i was a wallflower n only stick-by my close friends and i was still a bit of a wallflower in high school, but got along with everybody.
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Back in those elementary days, I had those nerdy and goody-two-shoes look which most bullies love to pick on. Gladly for me, they never chance to get their hands on me. Believe it or not, many times, something or someone seem to punish them on my behalf.

One example, there was this guy who was notorious in behaviour. He enjoyed calling me names and make fun of me. It went on until one fine day, he decided to extend that notorious self of his to even shoot me with something from behind. His retribution came when his chair slipped with him and he fell on the floor (he wouldn't sat properly; he sat his chair on two legs). He broke his nose bridge.

And, happily ever after.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 05-10-10 at 02:55 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    Back in those elementary days, I had those nerdy and goody-two-shoes look which most bullies love to pick on. Gladly for me, they never chance to get their hands on me. Believe it or not, many times, something or someone seem to punish them on my behalf.

One example, there was this guy who was notorious in behaviour. He enjoyed calling me names and make fun of me. It went on until one fine day, he decided to extend that notorious self of his to even shoot me with something from behind. His retribution came when his chair slipped with him and he fell on the floor (he wouldn't sat properly; he sat his chair on two legs). He broke his nose bridge.

And, happily ever after.
    I liked that.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

I wouldn't call myself bully. My body developed very early and I was more than capable of protecting myself. But my stupid bravery to protect other poor kids from bully brought more serious problems. So, notorious bullies and even local gang members were after me. I got into many fights; some I won, some I lost. In one incident, I was attacked by seven other gangster boys. I barely made it alive. When other boys caught up with me in terms of body development, I had already acquired considerable experience in fist fighting. So in later years, I was still comfortable even though I was very small and short.
    Last edited by odbayarb2000; 06-12-10 at 10:58 AM.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

i was the one being bullied. i was very quiet as a kid, and boys like to bully me. i dont get beaten up, but they kept disturbing me.....T_T
    o wilku mowa...♪

The only thing I need to know is that I don't know anything.

I wasn't bullied for most of my primary school years. And I'm usually neutral and on neither side.
    Last edited by chibidaisuke; 11-30-10 at 06:59 AM.

i guess so far i'm the odd one-out here since i was on the bully side.

i wasn't really a bully i just disdained most everyone as i had supreme self confidence. i was an ******* who put a lot of kids through verbal, and mental abuse as a casual thing.

looking back i really was an arrogant little *** all through primary, and highschool. no1 ever picked fights with or teased me really either. oddly enough i was never a big guy though.

good old elementary + middle school days hahaha

got bullied, got in several fights, bullied others, well school was 1/3 black, 1/3 mexican, 1/3 asian, fights happen at least once every week.
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!