Page 30 of 84 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post

The team weren't necessarily saving villages and unfortunates this time. They were scheming to change a man and get even with a local bully. I think SN saw through this, hence her earlier argument with LGX. LGX takes it that SN feels disrespected and maybe a little too emotional due to her pity of Bing Bing. Says the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not having a go at LGX. I love his effectiveness as a leader. I just think it's a mistake to think he cares really that much about his team. He obviously has a death wish...which SN pointed out. A leader who potentially takes away leadership from his team doesn't really care, not matter how much he tells his bros he believes in them. He encouraged Xiao Mei to infiltrate the bandits, even when Xiao Mei confessed his fear (doing it to toughen the boy up?)...whether or not he was aware that Xiao Mei could potentially be in serious danger is an important consideration. I couldn't possibly see LGX in any shape or form coming to Xiao Mei's rescue if the bandits decided to really kill him or that the hunky Zhang Zhong was as fair and witty as he was. Not being bias, it was really Zhang Zhong that saved Xiao Mei.
    Good analysis! As you mentioned, LGX clearly has a passive death wish obsession going on ... it's not good for the people around him--the rest of Yi Zhi Mei, who probably happen to like living.

I'm confused on this point: is LGX never really drunk? He drinks and drinks, but ... I guess he's developed a high tolerance level. Chinese stories really like drunkards who are actually the ones who know what they're doing.

can any1 tell me if higher quality videos are gonna come out soon?
    not sure if i want to wait...or watch super blurry stuff...
    bad video-quality make me less inclined to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ceterumcenseo View Post
    I'm confused on this point: is LGX never really drunk? He drinks and drinks, but ... I guess he's developed a high tolerance level. Chinese stories really like drunkards who are actually the ones who know what they're doing.
    LOL that is so true. and i dont know, i was actually wondering that while i was watching the last episode! it seems that he's always drinking, but never actually drunk. maybe the alcohol wasn't so strong back then?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    LOL that is so true. and i dont know, i was actually wondering that while i was watching the last episode! it seems that he's always drinking, but never actually drunk. maybe the alcohol wasn't so strong back then?
    LOL, probably. Or, Chinese dramas overdo the "I'm a wu lin gao shou, so I have a godly alcohol tolerance", just like they make blood come out of people's mouths everytime they get injured.

1) LGX gets sick after taking ...

2) LGX gets shot protecting SN. But wait ....! (He sure can move around quickly for a sick guy). Good thing those guns are primitive and slow-loading.

3) SN gives LGX a hug. And earlier they held hands ... but not for the reason you think. *evil snicker*

4) Xiao Mei is his usual adorable but unusually serious self.

5) We get flashbacks to SN's past, and meet an important (older female) character from it. LGX has to stop SN from trying to kill said character. SN picks through locks like nobody's business.

Anyone else watch episodes 11 and 12 too? I watched the preview for episode 13, and no CPR/kiss! *deflate*
    Wow, that sounds amazing! Why were they holding hands??? Is the older female character the Emei lady? The CPR kiss could still be in episode 13, they probably wouldn't show such an anticipated scene in the preview. And there's a hug! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by NuDaFu View Post
    If LGX allows SN parentage to come between a potential bond/relationship, he obviously doesn't love her enough to be with her. Remember, LGX went against all odds to marry Ru Yi, despite her being the daughter of a disgraced official from the previous dynasty. If LGX cannot move on from Ru Yi, it would be hurtful and even demeaning for SN to be in a relationship where she is always '2nd best'. There are more and potentially better men-fish out in the sea...namely Zhang Zhong , or yes I concede Xiao Mei.
    If this conflict actually happens, I doubt would be that Li Ge Xiao stops liking her because of who her parents are. Because San Niang's parents are villains, Yi Zhi Mei might have to defeat them in one of their cases and she might be a bit reluctant to let them come to or try to protect them somehow, etc. It's also possible that she finds out who her parents are first, then they discover that they're evil, San Niang doesn't want to believe it, etc. There are other possibilities.

About project 'Marriage', LGX was betting against really great odds.

Assumption #1: Xiao Ben would be crazy, generous enough - despite being rather drunk - to give his 'bride' up to him

Assumption #2: The no good husband guy would repent? What if he didn't? What if he decided to go find himself a 'better' wife than Bing Bing?

If I was sure the above odds were so great, I would go out and buy a tattslotto ticket right now.
    Since Li Ge Xiao is extremely skilled at reading people and their motives, I think he was fairly confident (not necessarily rightly so) in how much he loved Bing Bing. Of course, if he didn't chase them, Xiao Mei and Chai Hu could just keep carrying her until the other two finished their part and then bring her back.
    Assumption #1 is a risky, I agree, but in the worst case scenario, he could just take the bride and run. He should be able to get out of the room without too much problem, and he doesn't really need to worry about losing Xiao Ben's friendship because he didn't really care about it (and no longer had anymore need for it).
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 12-29-10 at 11:50 PM.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by aelitis View Post
    can any1 tell me if higher quality videos are gonna come out soon?
    not sure if i want to wait...or watch super blurry stuff...
    bad video-quality make me less inclined to like it.
    Probably some time after the entire series is released on TV. That's the usual order of things. But I'm not an authoritative source.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Wow, that sounds amazing! Why were they holding hands??? Is the older female character the Emei lady? The CPR kiss could still be in episode 13, they probably wouldn't show such an anticipated scene in the preview. And there's a hug! Yay!
    FINALLY a hug!! After all that needless squabbles, wordplay and flashbacks of that dead woman! That CPR kiss better be GOOD after making us wait, anticipate, hope, yearn with SOOOOO much excitement. My benchmark for her is her hot & sexy LOCH kiss, so it BETTER be even better here.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-30-10 at 12:06 AM.

LOL, but a CPR kiss can only possibly get so hot, and that LOCH kiss was pretty good. And it's a pity it's only one way, Huo Jian Hua looks like a really good kisser, from what I've seen.
    And at the press conference when the hostess lady jokingly asked the director if he has a lot of kissing scenes, we now know there's at least 3 different people involved. Ru Yi, San Niang, and Xiao Ben.
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

xiao xiao, when are 11 and 12 going up?? DX

Its not a kiss xiaolong.....CPR remember? So it can't possibly be better then LOCH!! ..LOL

Should be up shorty!! ...patience my dear child...hehehe

ceterumcenseo, may I ask what downloading program are you using that let's you download qvod? I figured that was my problem, mine doesn't catch qvod videos. I had to search high and low for a regular streaming site to get mine to work
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-30-10 at 10:04 AM.

^ lol, thats fine. i'll be satisfied with one episode. thank you!

Episode: 11

Episode: 12

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 07:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    ceterumcenseo, may I ask what downloading program are you using that let's you download qvod? I figured that was my problem, mine doesn't catch qvod videos. I had to search high and low for a regular streaming site to get mine to work
    I use the qvod player. I have no idea if it's malware or not, but despite some *cough* advertisements within the player window it seems to work okay and hasn't wreaked havoc with my computer yet. There should be a link on the websites that uses qvod videos. Or this link: http://www.qvod.com/

When you play qvod videos in IE, the qvod player (if it's open) automatically starts downloading them.

I think I speak for everyone when I say thanks for the trouble you go through, uploading the episodes to youtube.
    Last edited by ceterumcenseo; 12-30-10 at 01:34 AM.

You're welcome

So, basically the qvod player saves it to the player. But can we move it to a folder?

So, basically the qvod player saves it to the player. But can we move it to a folder?
    Uh huh. Right-click the video--in the panel on the right--and click on "open location." Then drag and drop from that folder to wherever you want.

Sorry for imposing my MTY obsession on everyone but don't you think he bears a very striking resemblance to Leslie Cheung?

See Leslie Cheung in a hat just like Xiaomei's - you know what I mean???!!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6973/lesliecheung.jpg')

Its not a kiss xiaolong.....CPR remember? So it can't possibly be better then LOCH!! ..LOL(
    I know I know...but nothing wrong with hoping right? it's just so anticipated, and now you've only loaded up to Ep 12, I'm like....argh! I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ceterumcenseo
    I think it's supposed to play up the cool, dashing, conflicted angle. Realistically, unless he wants to deal with liver cirrhosis oneday, the quality of his life ain't going to stay that good, however high his alcohol tolerance (my Path lecturer luuuurved the subject of liver cirrhosis ). Whether his thinking will ultimately be affected...can't say. Neuroscience is supposed to be frontier research = lots of inconclusiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress
    Since Li Ge Xiao is extremely skilled at reading people and their motives, I think he was fairly confident (not necessarily rightly so) in how much he loved Bing Bing. Of course, if he didn't chase them, Xiao Mei and Chai Hu could just keep carrying her until the other two finished their part and then bring her back.
    Assumption #1 is a risky, I agree, but in the worst case scenario, he could just take the bride and run. He should be able to get out of the room without too much problem, and he doesn't really need to worry about losing Xiao Ben's friendship because he didn't really care about it (and no longer had anymore need for it).
    Unfortunately, I still think there was an element of over-identification. LGX trusts his love for his deceased wife, therefore, seeing the childish husband about to possibly make the same regretful actions that he did, LGX interprets the situation that with external help, things could be different.

Qing guan lan shen jia ting shi (paraphrasing: The most righteous official has difficulty managing family affairs).

A number of very big gambles worked out (which almost makes the whole arc kinda contrived). Betting on who loves who is very destructive. Deception research shows that people are not as accurate as they think they are when 'reading people' (well, unless you are a media superhero that is). In military strategy, acting based on wholly reading people is I'm sure not the golden way to go about it...it doesn't have special mention in Sun Tze Bing Fa or 7 Military Manuals (someone can correct me, haven't read them in ages).

If the husband didn't change his mind, bringing back Bing Bing doesn't resolve Xiao Ben's interest in her. The gang will eventually have to leave, therefore, leaving Bing Bing vulnerable. Of course, Bing Bing could leaving town or the gang could tag her along with them...both highly unlikely and complicated scenarios.

I know LGX wouldn't care about Xiao Ben, the problem is when the gang leave. Short of Bing Bing and hubbie (given that they get back together) leaving town, because everything would be obvious to Xiao Ben at this stage, it leaves the couple in potentially a worse position than before. With money, Xiao Ben could chase them everywhere to exact revenge or get back Bing Bing. Would LGX & Co be obligated to protect them all their lives? I think SN said it right when she said it wasn't their business anymore.

If this conflict actually happens, I doubt would be that Li Ge Xiao stops liking her because of who her parents are. Because San Niang's parents are villains, Yi Zhi Mei might have to defeat them in one of their cases and she might be a bit reluctant to let them come to or try to protect them somehow, etc. It's also possible that she finds out who her parents are first, then they discover that they're evil, San Niang doesn't want to believe it, etc. There are other possibilities.
    How sure can we be of LGX's reaction when faced with the potential father of SN vs murderer of his beloved wife? I think we are being lost in conjecture anyway (yes I started it ), as our premises is that the top baddie is SN's father. And, Liu Xiao Xiao asked not to quote...I did.

Watch out for an apology present in your imaginary mail Liu Xiao Xiao...hot red Ferrari with a purple bow tie?

Hehehe...CPR is NOT anything like a kiss. It's messy and stressful (as in making sure the chest actually rises with the breath). When someone's life hangs in the balance, I think romance is the last thing on one's mind.
    Last edited by NuDaFu; 12-30-10 at 04:14 AM.

Oh my, Xiaomei/MTY looks sooooo cute with his peace sign. AWWWW...he's touching LSS' shoulder. Aren't they lovey dovey?! They are like two peas in a pod.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/7396/xiaomei.jpg')

Uh huh. Right-click the video--in the panel on the right--and click on "open location." Then drag and drop from that folder to wherever you want.
    Got it!!!! Thank you!!...yay! so happy
    Can't believe it! All these times I have the videos and not know about it, and have been double downloading.....hehehe. So glad I've finally asked you

xiaolong, you're crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i52.tinypic.com/o9lnix.jpg')

So, I've heard the kiss...ahem..CPR is nothing!!!! Oh well, can't expect much....
    His passionate kiss was with his wife!! LOL....

I won't get to epi. 13/14 til tonight...and hopefully there's a video on the above conference by then too
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-30-10 at 11:51 AM.

Xiao Xiao, have you seen vids of this roadshow anywhere?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/993/strangehero1.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/1565/strangehero2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2165/strangehero3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/8301/strangehero4.jpg')

Also, weren't they suppose to be on the Happy 100 talk show?

Look! Shoulder again!!
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/150/xiaomei3.jpg')

ceterumcenseo! Spoil us with your little spoiler!!! How's the CPR????? LOL

NuDaFu, I'll be waiting for that mail!!! Make sure it's a drive-able Ferrari and not the barbie doll one...even if it's imaginary!! LOL....

Xiaolong, there better be videos for this....this one should be a bigger deal than the other conference!

They all look good....hmmmm, I wonder where Shi Xingyu??????

Gosh, I like Edwin as the villain wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than his Tian Ya character....hehehe. Kinda wish his villain character would have an interest in SN....I want a love traiangle dang it!!

Lookyyyy here xiaolong...LOL
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/21amfyw.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-30-10 at 12:06 PM.