Page 33 of 84 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange Hero Yi Zhi Mei 《怪侠一枝梅》 - Wallace Huo, Liu Shi Shi, Ma Tianyu

^Yeah, I think it actually is episode 16. If it hasn't aired yet, maybe it's from the leak? Because I remember someone said that the episodes up to 16 were leaked temporarily onto Tudou.

Hopefully Karen doesn't get pissed at MTY so he can still be LSS's friend publicly.

*currently watching 15*
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Is anyone else thrown off by the LOCH background music? I keep thinking of scenes that were associated with that music, rather than what is actually going on in GXYZM

Here you go!!! Episodes 1-16 on Tudou in HD....

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/p/a64284.html

It's slow for me....anybody else?
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 12-31-10 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Here you go!!! Episodes 1-16 on Tudou in HD....

http://www.tudou.com/playlist/p/a64284.html
    Yay! No more searching in questionable sites for episodes! Thanks for letting us know, Xiao Xiao.

Quote Originally Posted by _yinshenquan View Post
    Is anyone else thrown off by the LOCH background music? I keep thinking of scenes that were associated with that music, rather than what is actually going on in GXYZM
    Yeah, the LOCH music...LOL. The suspense one when political intrigue surrounding the Yue Fei book goes on, rousing one when the Jin royalty arrives, touching music when all the soldiers protecting Wanyan Honglie from the arrows fall. And many more.

But I do find Strange Hero a lot more light-hearted and much less tragic than LOCH.

Does anyone else notice that Yi Zhi Mei has resorted to knocking people out in order to calm them down at least 3 times in episode 16?

San Niang's blue cape is so awesome, especially when it flows while she's running. And in that scene where they go to the general's place to rescue Chai Hu, they kind of jump in and appear in the fog. That was really epic.

Another thing: if that girl is Chai Hu's daughter, she'd have to be no younger than 14 years old, if she was conceived 15 years earlier, but she looks younger than 15 or 14. Casting?

I'm not getting any LOCH associations because I didn't watch the 2008 version past 1 or 2 episodes.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-01-11 at 07:45 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    San Niang's blue cape is so awesome, especially when it flows while she's running. And in that scene where they go to the general's place to rescue Chai Hu, they kind of jump in and appear in the fog. That was really epic.
    Yeah, I know. That was really amazing. She looks like a super-heroine - Supergirl! Although I wish she were some cool grungy leather boots . Looks like LSS is really in her element in this series, compared to Bu Bu where her face is crumpled up most of the time.

Xiao Xiao, thanks so much for sniffing out the Shenzhen roadshow vid! Really enjoyed it. I'm still searching for vids or at least pics of the Happy 100 variety show. Have you seen it anywhere? Your Internet search skills are a lot better than mine.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 01-01-11 at 12:53 PM.

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=955595764
    Okay, I can't completely understand everything it says, but it says something about broadcasting January 3rd? And 3 episodes per night?

And episodes 17+18 are up on QQlive: http://live.qq.com/cover/q/qm0f90fat...br8yh5nssvaus3
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-01-11 at 01:37 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Yup, Fujian Southeast TV will be showing 3 episodes a night. I'm flying off to HK tmw. Can't wait.

Now, if only I can find the Happy 100 variety show vid? Arggghhh! Hu Ge is in it with MTY, LSS and Wallace.

Hey, I dug up this photo of LSS in Pretty Woman boots! Doesn't she look very cool and sexy in them?!! Why couldn't she wear it as part of her San Niang get-up in Strange Hero? I'm going to write a note to Strange Hero weibo about it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5278/lssboots.jpg')

*shudder* Ep. 17 is a little freaky. I wouldn't want to watch it in a dark room alone at night.

xiaolong, Xiao Mei gets lots of screen time in the next story.
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-01-11 at 03:04 PM.

Episode 18 is pretty freaky too, but Wallace looks so good in that episode.
    There hasn't been enough San Niang-Ge Xiao interaction in the past few episodes, though. I hope we see more of them.

And I just thought of something. In that case where they were dealing with poisoned medicine, they blow up the criminals' temple place and hide underground for protection. What about the old man/doctor?
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 01-01-11 at 04:55 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

And I just thought of something. In that case where they were dealing with poisoned medicine, they blow up the criminals' temple place and hide underground for protection. What about the old man/doctor?
    That was my first thought too when I saw that part. Supposedly they edited that part out. I think he was supposed to have escaped too.

So, tudou is loading ridiculously slow for me. I'm having more luck with qiyi. It too is a legal online release, although currently only up to ep. 16. Here's the link for anyone interested. Hope it works for you. http://www.qiyi.com/dianshiju/gxyzmzt.html

I'm not sure if the QQ link I posted is legal, but it loads very quickly for me. It's already up to 18, so most likely not? But the quality's really good and there's no logo. Not sure. If you guys haven't watched 17+18 yet, watch it during the daytime when there's someone else in the house. A lot of people were saying it scared them to death. However, I watched it in broad daylight so I was fine. It's a very handsome Li Ge Xiao owning masked people that I remember best.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

The online sites that I know of that are legal are tudou, qiyi, youku, and xunlei. There may be more?? I'm not sure which (if any) of them released 17 and 18 yet, but I still watched them.

Both episodes are pretty freaky, but I kind of expected it for 18 after I watched 17. Agree about the handsome LGX! Hehe...
    Last edited by Hoju!; 01-02-11 at 12:06 AM.

Karen's latest weibo entry says that previewers who have watched the whole series commented that Strange Hero is Tangren's best ever production!! In fact, even before broadcast, the buzz on this series has been so fabulous that all the TV stations already nailed it down as the No. 1 hit of 2011 first quarter, far surpassing Gong. One up on YZ for Tangren! People are even predicting that Strange Hero ratings will surpass CP3.

Seriously Tangren should stick to war and wuxia productions. If they want to do historical, they should inject a heavy dose of war/battle scenes like they did with Young Warriors, if not it will be a let-down like Janine was in TYZN. I just fast-forwarded all her scenes and concentrated on the small few war/battle scenes that had our beloved YH-LSS.

I'm not looking forward to stupid Bu Bu. I think ALL the guys look awful bald. Not confident AT ALL of a pure historical series in Tangren's hands. Much rather look forward to Tian Zhi Hen, another wuxia epic.
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-02-11 at 08:17 AM.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kengyew View Post
    Karen's latest weibo entry says that previewers who have watched the whole series commented that Strange Hero is Tangren's best ever production!! In fact, even before broadcast, the buzz on this series has been so fabulous that all the TV stations already nailed it down as the No. 1 hit of 2011 first quarter, far surpassing Gong. One up on YZ for Tangren! People are even predicting that Strange Hero ratings will surpass CP3.
    Really? Wow that's amazing

Maybe Bu Bu won't be that bad...couldn't possibly be any worse than Tian Ya!

Xiaolong, don't know if the 100 show thing aired yet, not even sure they even filmed And not much was found on the roadshow either.....

I know everybody have access to the sites with all the episodes, but since I've already got episodes posted up on this forum I my as well keep going just in case people still want to watch it here ..hehehe

Episode: 16

Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-27-11 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Maybe Bu Bu won't be that bad...couldn't possibly be any worse than Tian Ya!
    Well, compared to TYZN, it's 100% definite that LSS scenes won't be cut in Bu Bu since she's the No.1 female lead. But honestly, compare her BTS pics in Bu Bu and Strange Hero. She looks completely bored/uninterested in Bu Bu's BTS. Not surprsing since the Ruoxi role is another MNC crying type which she wanted to break out of, but now has to go back to. Compare her BTS pics in Strange Hero - you can see the huge difference. She was totally passionate about Yan San Niang and gave the role her ALL with endless rehearsals, hard work and research. You can seriously see the results - love her moves in Strange Hero, very graceful, neat, cool dancing in a smooth acrobatic way. I hope she will take on more wuxia roles and make it her niche. Looking forward to her in Tian Zhi Hen and hopefully paired up with new hottie Lin Gengxin.

She must want to kill YH for holing her up in the Ruoxi role. YH is known to be a Qing history freak so stupid Bu Bu must have been his idea - notice he played Kangxi (Luckiest Man), Yongzheng's son Hongli (Prince's Study), then teacher to all the 3 Qing emperors (Tian Di) and thought it'd be cool to play Yongzheng. Then he quits TR and opts for the next best thing - 13th Prince, Yongzheng's biggest fan (which he is anyway!). Notice LSS not been hanging out with him at all? Hah!
    Last edited by kengyew; 01-02-11 at 11:24 AM.

I know! I noticed that too! The BTS pictures in Bu Bu rarely have her smiling or goofing off, whereas, in the BTS pictures in Stranger Hero had her laughing and goofing off the first week of filming. Seriously, she must have felt out of place with all those men, she probably have nothing in common with them...which is ashame Without the chemistry off-screen...hmmm..I don't know, shouldn't speak too soon I guess...

That's why I'm not really looking forward to Bu Bu if her character is like Mu Nianci

I just got a chance to watch ep. 17...OMG, SN and Xiaomei was so cute when they were eavesdropping on Chai Hu and his wife!!!..LOL

Episode 18 is pretty freaky too, but Wallace looks so good in that episode.
    There hasn't been enough San Niang-Ge Xiao interaction in the past few episodes, though. I hope we see more of them.
    I heard major SN+LGX on epi. 19!! On my way to watch it now...ehhehe

Edit: Hmmm...maybe not. I saw somebody posted screen shot and thought it's episodes of them. However, epi. 20 is about LGX's wife..here comes Tong Liya!
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 01-02-11 at 03:55 PM.