Thread: Why did Murong Bo murder all those people?

Default Why did Murong Bo murder all those people?

I never quite got why Murong Bo killed all of those people, whose murder was mentioned in the earlier part of TLBB. Not only he killed them, he also made damn sure that everyone could link the murder to the Murongs.

Aren't they retards of the highest order or what?

Also can't help but notice the Murong's sidekicks like Bao Butong are very rude to everyone, as if their shit don't stink, bullying the weak and pussying-out against the strong. How exactly is that gonna help them claim their little pathetic kingdom back?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I think Deng Baichuan and Gongye Gan were much more polite than Bao Butong and Feng Boer - those two were also the more junior of the four (iirc) and were more for grunt work. Neither looked like they had any leadership quality, but Deng and Gongye seemed much better.

Feng Bo'e showed great character in restraining from beating the crap out of that former who threw shit in his face (I wouldn't have done the same), and Bao Butong didn't really 'pussy out' against people; he knew that the Four Elders of the beggar's clan could clobber him, but he still badmouthed them anyhow. I think he badmouthed everybody, really...
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Let's not forget Bao Butong's refusal to pussy out at the critical moment saw him lose his life to Murong Fu. That guy stood up for principle, and died with a lot of respect. He was also capable of some friendly humour during the Xixia princess courtship episode, when he went forth just to test the questions, and answered truthfully, without malice and without any real arrogance. Unless that was just in the serial.

He was quite a jerk on the overall, though, but a great guy to have on your side.

I can only remember 2 named people that Murong Bo killed: Reverend Xuanbei and Ke Baisui.

For Reverend Xuanbei, it was said that Murong Bo wanted to frame the Dali family, so he tried to kill Xuanbei with Yiyang Finger, but proved not proficient enough, so he ended up killing Xuanbei with Murong family art.

For Ke Baisui, I believe no explanation was offered as to why Murong Bo used family art to kill him. I don't believe Kei Baisui's martial arts were so high that Murong Bo couldn't finish him off with a random move. Maybe when he did the killing, Murong Bo wasn't thinking about which art to use, and only after he used his family art, he realized "oh shit, I should have killed him another way!"
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Bao Butong bullied the two clans that gathered at A Zhu's place. Granted those guys were dicks, but after they surrendered, he shouldn't have humiliated them.

He also constantly bullied or badmouthed Duan Yu. Great way to make friends.

Bao was all words against the Beggar Elders but pussied out & shut his big mouth when Xiao Feng showed some skills. Granted, it's XF, but still...

Yes he did stand up for some principle at the end but he did not expect Murong Fu to actually kill him. He died with a stunned look on his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    He was quite a jerk on the overall, though, but a great guy to have on your side.
    How is he great to have? He created more powerful enemies than he's worth.

Feng Bu'er is just a retard who likes to cause troubles. His showing restraint against the peasant is just him being a retard instead of a virtue.

Deng & Gongye seem cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    For Reverend Xuanbei, it was said that Murong Bo wanted to frame the Dali family, so he tried to kill Xuanbei with Yiyang Finger, but proved not proficient enough, so he ended up killing Xuanbei with Murong family art.
    Wasn't it said that the Murong's (as well as Xiaoyao's) Library lacked Yiyang Zi and 6MSJ of Dali's Duan Family? How could Murong Bo try using Yiyang Zi?

Seemed that Murong Papa in fact used his own family skill on himself & his son though: trying to frame others but ending up framing themselves. What an idiot!
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    How is he great to have? He created more powerful enemies than he's worth.
    I was thinking of precisely that scene where those two clans were being complete bullies in the Murong mansion. Granted, Wang Yuyan had pretty much shellshocked them psychologically already, and he didn't need to bully them much more, but his retribution ensured that everyone less talented in wulin would think twice before invading the mansion again.

He creates enemies who are weaker than himself, so they normally don't cause much problems. Duan Yu was getting close to being a stalker, and if I employed Bao to look after Wang Yuyan, I'd expect no less from him when dealing with Duan Yu (although it's unfortunate that he never warmed to him after so long). And while Bao may not have expected to be killed outright, he knew that he was going way out of his comfort zone to give Murong Fu the shelling which he gave. It wasn't a gentle word of advice, Bao pulled no punches even with Murong.

If you were a fairly quiet kind of person and wanted someone who was loyal, could pull you to the right path if you were deviating from it and who could mouth off anyone who was annoying you without you having to say a word, he'd be a good guy to have on your side. If you felt he was being over the top you could rein him in, but no one ever did that to Bao Butong. I suspect he would have listened to Deng Baichuan, but we sadly never saw that much of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide View Post
    Wasn't it said that the Murong's (as well as Xiaoyao's) Library lacked Yiyang Zi and 6MSJ of Dali's Duan Family? How could Murong Bo try using Yiyang Zi?
    Maybe Murong Bo tried to use Canhe Finger to make it look like Yiyang Finger, but couldn't get it right.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

MRB had learnt several shaolin skills including senger skills. the duan family's inner power should be similar to shaolin inner power as both are yang and based on buddhist methods. and MRB might have seen yiyang zhi in action and copied the external moves. he might have used shaolin inner power for the internal power but the moves might have been insufficent when fighting an expert of xuanbei's calliber.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/