Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Legend of the White Snake - 又见白娘子 [Zuo Xiao Qing, Ren Quan, Shen Xiao Hai]

i love ren quan too, its great to know that he has new ancient series coming out. The lead actress is okay. I seen her in Musketeer and Princess. Too bad they didn't end up in that series. I think they will make a good couple because both of them have a soft, gentle, and clean look.

I am so looking forward to it

eh. not a huge fan of the cast. love ren quan, but i think both of the main leads are too old for their respective roles.
    besides, i just got out of watching the liu tao version of bai she xuan - i really liked her and pan yue ming as a pair! don't think ill watch this

suzumiyachan, now that you mention the musketeer & princess, I remember them now. Is she the one who love Ren at first then later on love Nicky Wu right? If she the one, then is going to be an interesting series. I don't want to offense any Liu Tao fans, but her version isn't very good. She good just the support cast & male lead is awful.

bachtuyet, yep she's the one. Its took me awhile to know that its her since she hadn't been in many series. Its great that they are going to be a pair in this series. They look very good together

suzumiyachan, do you know anything about the ending? All of the version of White snake legend have a sad ending. Is this version any different?

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    Eh...average at best. It looks like anyone can become movie stars nowadays in China. Have you guys seen the new Yang Gui Fei Mi Shi? That's another average looking Chinese girl wrongly cast as one of the most beautiful women of Ancient China With looks like that, it'll take holy intervention to topple a kingdom because no king is going to be THAT desperate.
    I'm just watching Yang Gui Fei Mi Shi right now. I felt the child actress for YGF is prettier than Yin Tao (leading actress). Even Shi Xiao Qun is prettier than the lead.

I feel they should get another actress for Lady White Snake in this. She doesn't have the magical White Snake feel and doesn't look compatible with Ren Quan's Xu Xian.

I was just thinking where SXH is hiding out these days. Haven't seen him in lead roles much since KCSS. He as supporting roles here and there, but not much screentime. Good to see he'd be in this.

I don't quite get the part why Fa Hai would fall for Lady White Snake. That's a major contradiction to the development of the plot, knowing what happens in the original story.

I like the original Angie Chiu version. They always have a song in every episode. It had a very cultural feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefertari View Post
    I'm just watching Yang Gui Fei Mi Shi right now. I felt the child actress for YGF is prettier than Yin Tao (leading actress). Even Shi Xiao Qun is prettier than the lead.
    The actresses aren't top beauties but at least they look like they don't do plastic surgery. I suspect that the top directors in China rebel against plastic surgery so you notice that the leading actresses have less than perfect features because they are au natural.

Gosh I hate those plasticky silicone-injected Koreans.

Wonder why Michelle Yip didn't take the lead she much more pretty than Yin Tao. She is a veteran & her acting is great.

I'm dying to see this series, I saw a few trailers and 20 min clip and it looks so goood. I'm loving the lead actor/actress. Hopefully it comes out soon!!

Last edited by Creme de la top; 06-21-11 at 10:51 AM.

^Thanks for the links. I hope there's not too much CG like towards the beginning of the trailer.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

the first part of the trailer looks like a freaking video game. i hate when studios overuse CGI like that

and what is this?? a musical or something? i found the random breaking into weird songs hilarious. lol
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 09-15-10 at 09:32 PM.

gosh. I just realised that the person who plays Madame White Snake plays Ye Xin in Cafe (Hu Ge, Bai Bing). I really admired her character there
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Hahah, totally forgot about this thread!

Watch Episode 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObsF43OKzCk

I'm a big fan of this white snake legend, and I only started watching this version yesterday. They weren't kidding when they said this version would be really different! It's intriguing, but since I loved Liu Tao's version (which is said to follow closest to the original?) I find this version really odd and totally different. The main characters all exist, but there are a whole lot of different characters, but some of them do add this more realistic, familial relationships.

The biggest change is the fact that they decided to take the road less traveled. And by this, I mean with reincarnation. The lovers start as immortals who are banished to become mortals. It's the first time I've seen this take, and while it's quite a change, I'm not so sure I want to step away from my original understanding of the story =(