Thread: Where are TVB's Next Generation of Actors/Actresses?

Default Where are TVB's Next Generation of Actors/Actresses?

Is it just me or does anyone notice the leads of TVB series are all the same actors/actresses over and over again? (eick run on sentence lol) Charmaine Sheh, Kevin Cheng, Moses Chan, Linda Chung, Bosco Wong, Raymond Lam, Tavia Yeung etc.
    Last edited by move2tbeats; 08-30-10 at 01:30 PM.

probably because they're still popular and still have their image(technology!!!) kind of like how Mariah Carey is still popular even though she is like 50!!! But hey, new generation star tend to play supporting role before they start playing main role which is when they're like 30s lol.

Quote Originally Posted by themonkey View Post
    probably because they're still popular and still have their image(technology!!!) kind of like how Mariah Carey is still popular even though she is like 50!!! But hey, new generation star tend to play supporting role before they start playing main role which is when they're like 30s lol.
    Mariah Carey is not 50, she's merely 40 and she has the vocals to keep her popularity unlike the Taylor Swift and the other young singers, I doubt they could survive in the business as long as Carey has.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

+1 although I am starting to see some 'new' faces around more consistently e.g. Fred Cheng, Pierre Ngo, Yoyo Chen, Vivian Yeo... and don't forget the vets who are making a comeback (Felix Wong, Ray Lui, Anita Yuen, Michael Miu, etc.).
    *-._.-*-._.-* carpe diem *-._.-*-._.-*
    www.the-exalted-rambles.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz3 View Post
    +1 although I am starting to see some 'new' faces around more consistently e.g. Fred Cheng, Pierre Ngo, Yoyo Chen, Vivian Yeo... and don't forget the vets who are making a comeback (Felix Wong, Ray Lui, Anita Yuen, Michael Miu, etc.).
    Pierro Ngo? You are not being serious, r u? If He ever gets a main role. I'll stop watching TVB, period.

they need to stop giving roles to Kate Tsui for christ sakes....

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted View Post
    I agree! Not a fan of her , still have more improvement, I guess they are giving her tries after tries until they they hit the spot! Oh and what is up with them using the same cast for other series and almost the same plot but changing it around just a little. They should get some good wuxia and start making more swordsmen series, other then palace drama,mystical crap and lame comedy!

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I agree! Not a fan of her , still have more improvement, I guess they are giving her tries after tries until they they hit the spot! Oh and what is up with them using the same cast for other series and almost the same plot but changing it around just a little. They should get some good wuxia and start making more swordsmen series, other then palace drama,mystical crap and lame comedy!
    Unfortunately, I have come to accept that TVB is no longer capable of producing Wuxia :P. I can't remember the last one they made that was descent.

Unfortunately, I have come to accept that TVB is no longer capable of producing Wuxia :P. I can't remember the last one they made that was descent.
    I can't remember either! I think they tried with lethal weapon of love and passion it was okay, but still I don't have the feeling like I did back in the 80s and 90s. And plus all my fav actor/actress are doing mainland productions and movies now. I see that ATV got Julian and Ada to star in a series together too, I am looking forward to that! As for the new generation I am not following much with them, I don't even know who the new miss. HK are anymore lol I just assume the bad actress. I don't have any new fav at tvb yet.

my god i hate the current tvb roster so much i just can't. the same actors/actresses playing the same recycled roles in the same recycled environment/plots, no ~freshness~, nothing new to expect.

and i used to like some of these actors. but it's sad how - you would think with time, actors would improve - but in their cases, their acting actually deteriorates
    OK TAECYEON <3

Go on, get out – last words are for fools who haven’t said enough.
    To his housekeeper, in his dying words
    ~ Karl Marx

They won't do that because Kate knows how to suck up big time to Dragon Lady Virginia Lok.