Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yeung Gor Hatred Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I'm going to strangle the next person who claims that life is fair.
    Agree with that at least. Nothing more annoying than someone zealously saying everyone has equal opportunities. But you always do have the power to enjoy/appreciate your life a bit more than you currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    Agree with that at least. Nothing more annoying than someone zealously saying everyone has equal opportunities. But you always do have the power to enjoy/appreciate your life a bit more than you currently do.
    No, I can't...because the things I really want are out of reach. I can't even earn or work towards them. They're just...forever out of reach.

No, I can't...because the things I really want are out of reach. I can't even earn or work towards them. They're just...forever out of reach.
    Chin up, bud. Not everyone gets what they really want in life. You are definitely not alone in this, just part of the statistics even, if you will. Next thing next is whether you can brace up and work toward other "lesser" goals; there are many more things in this world you can do and achieve. But of course, as lots of people have been telling you for the longest time ever, it just goes down to whether you want to or not...
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

So life is unfair?

Well, you still got both your legs and your hands.

You can still talk

You can still breath on your own.

And you still have some family or friends of sorts.

Put things into perspective.

I see people suffering worse every single day that i work.

and people cope and try to be resilient.

And try to get help.

Life is unfair.

True.

Get on with it, and get some help.

Complaining about YG does nothing but harm to your reputation, and you sir, is one of the best poster that we have.

Han Solo
    Wuxiapedia

Quote Originally Posted by bliss
    I think they're probably at the same level as or one level below Ah Qing, which is about the level of a 2nd or 3rd generation Quan Zhen disciple.
    Troll Control

Perhaps relating my life to yours would help, since people generally feel better when they see other people also get the big F YOU from life.

So about 3.5 years ago while I was in my last year of college my mom developed cerebellum shrinkage in her brain, which led to a Stephen Hawking-esque disease that slowly robs her of all her motor facilities, with the kicker being that this type also robs her of much of her cognitive abilities.

So she was slowly becoming paralyzed and can no longer think rationally or clearly, but can still feel grief and happiness and communicate on a child/pre-teen level.

I had plans to travel and work abroad for a few years, and had several things set up from previous internships and schools. Of course I couldn't in good conscience go, so more or less the work I did in the past two years along with the plans and the life I set myself up for for the next few years was washed down the drain solely due to some random genetic defect that affects one in a million people.

Her medical bills are enormous and I more or less spend all my available money helping out in whatever way I can. So due to some random life event, my hopes and dreams could easily be shattered, and I could easily never achieve what I want to achieve without just saying eff everything and only think about myself and take the path I wanted to take.

In 5 years, I can still be stuck with no financial security and just paying bill after bill, and having nothing to show for my life. People will understand when I tell them this sob story, but they'll move on in a minute and classify me as that guy who's never done anything interesting or amount to much in his life. I've been robbed of some things, but I'm trying my best to look at things positively. I can reshape my ambitions and figure out something I can do that'll satisfy myself without shirking my responsibilities. It really, really, really (times infinity) sucks to be in this situation, but I think if I'm trying to make the most out of it in mine, it would be nice to see you try also.

Nothing that lasts twenty-five years and has caused so much suffering can be aptly described as "petty."
    The cause of your suffering is not YG or Rayann or Diana or your cousins. The cause of your suffering is YOU.

It's a fictional character for God's sake. Your cousins who prefer YG over you eons ago most probably don't even care about YG anymore. It's you who refuse to let go.

It's petty because YG is not real and ROCH is fiction. Heck, even the portrayal of YG in every adaptation is different.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Perhaps relating my life to yours would help, since people generally feel better when they see other people also get the big F YOU from life.

So about 3.5 years ago while I was in my last year of college my mom developed cerebellum shrinkage in her brain, which led to a Stephen Hawking-esque disease that slowly robs her of all her motor facilities, with the kicker being that this type also robs her of much of her cognitive abilities.

So she was slowly becoming paralyzed and can no longer think rationally or clearly, but can still feel grief and happiness and communicate on a child/pre-teen level.

I had plans to travel and work abroad for a few years, and had several things set up from previous internships and schools. Of course I couldn't in good conscience go, so more or less the work I did in the past two years along with the plans and the life I set myself up for for the next few years was washed down the drain solely due to some random genetic defect that affects one in a million people.

Her medical bills are enormous and I more or less spend all my available money helping out in whatever way I can. So due to some random life event, my hopes and dreams could easily be shattered, and I could easily never achieve what I want to achieve without just saying eff everything and only think about myself and take the path I wanted to take.

In 5 years, I can still be stuck with no financial security and just paying bill after bill, and having nothing to show for my life. People will understand when I tell them this sob story, but they'll move on in a minute and classify me as that guy who's never done anything interesting or amount to much in his life. I've been robbed of some things, but I'm trying my best to look at things positively. I can reshape my ambitions and figure out something I can do that'll satisfy myself without shirking my responsibilities. It really, really, really (times infinity) sucks to be in this situation, but I think if I'm trying to make the most out of it in mine, it would be nice to see you try also.
    Man, that's awful...

Those people who tell you haven't done much or amounted to anything...those people can go f*ck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    The cause of your suffering is not YG or Rayann or Diana or your cousins. The cause of your suffering is YOU.

It's a fictional character for God's sake. Your cousins who prefer YG over you eons ago most probably don't even care about YG anymore. It's you who refuse to let go.

It's petty because YG is not real and ROCH is fiction. Heck, even the portrayal of YG in every adaptation is different.
    Just knowing that a character like Yeung Gor exists, and that people actually worship him, hurts...hurts in a way that I can't even characterize.

I would give almost ANYTHING if I could alter reality so that I had never learned of this character's existence.

What I can't understand or accept is how there can be something that his horribly, terribly wrong...and just continue LETTING IT forever be wrong. Why can't there be correction? Why can't there be redress? Why can't the scales be balanced and set right?

Why must I just leave it forever wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang View Post
    Chin up, bud. Not everyone gets what they really want in life. You are definitely not alone in this, just part of the statistics even, if you will. Next thing next is whether you can brace up and work toward other "lesser" goals; there are many more things in this world you can do and achieve. But of course, as lots of people have been telling you for the longest time ever, it just goes down to whether you want to or not...
    Haha. Yeah. I've not gotten what I want either. But, I'm working towards it. It looks bleak though sometimes, but, got to keep the hope burning.

My world has turn upside down since early last year and I'm now slowly picking the pieces up again and adjusting to the changes. Still a lot of work to do.

Also, I agree with you on working towards "lesser" goals. Sometimes, people keep getting stuck because they are too attached to that one outcome they want that they can't see other possibilities.

The worst is those who are stuck and can only see one route and refuse to even try another route, but, instead keep on saying "I'm stuck, I'll never get what I want, there no way out, I'm doomed".
    Last edited by kidd; 09-29-10 at 11:27 PM.

What I can't understand or accept is how there can be something that his horribly, terribly wrong...and just continue LETTING IT forever be wrong. Why can't there be correction? Why can't there be redress? Why can't the scales be balanced and set right?

Why must I just leave it forever wrong?
    Because it's already in the past. It does not exist anymore except in your memory. Not everything in the past can be fix or redress. This is reality. That's why people read fiction for escapades. But, they are not attached to the fiction.

And I thought you said you are going to meet you cousins and talk about it? What happen to that?

wow man, im wordless at how lucky i am
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Agree with Han. Acknowledge that you have a problem and need help.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    So life is unfair?

Try to get help.

Life is unfair.

True.

Complaining about YG does nothing but harm to your reputation, and you sir, is one of the best poster that we have.

Han Solo
    I am going to hug you and love you and lock you in a cage

Wow. I feel for you. Wish you the best. I think no one with a heart will say you are a guy who's never done anything interesting or amount to much in his life seeing what you have to go through and the responsibility you need to bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    So life is unfair?

Well, you still got both your legs and your hands.

You can still talk

You can still breath on your own.

And you still have some family or friends of sorts.

Put things into perspective.

I see people suffering worse every single day that i work.

and people cope and try to be resilient.

And try to get help.

Life is unfair.

True.

Han Solo
    haha your post reminds me of what conan always says about the cimmerian god crom.

Tape, I've misjudged your intentions in the past, but I know this: it could not have been pleasant for you to discuss your mother's health problems and the fallout that they had on your personal life. Nevertheless, you chose to share this for the purpose of comforting and advising me.

I won't forget that.

Because it's already in the past. It does not exist anymore except in your memory. Not everything in the past can be fix or redress. This is reality.
    It's hard for me to take, because simply letting it go seems to send the message, "Hey, it's OK to abuse and hurt me. There are no negative consequences for doing that. Walk all over me any time you want, because I'm too unimportant for it to matter."

That's what I can't live down.

And I thought you said you are going to meet you cousins and talk about it? What happen to that?
    For various reasons, it has fallen through.

I won't forget that.
    Remember this words of yours if next time tape happen to anger and offend you.

Wow. I feel for you. Wish you the best. I think no one with a heart will say you are a guy who's never done anything interesting or amount to much in his life seeing what you have to go through and the responsibility you need to bear.
    Thx.

It's just I'm not going to be pouring my life story to everyone I meet. All the people I meet on a superficial will classify me as such, and shallow as it is, it's not a good feeling to know that the quick judgment passed on you will be being someone that has no ambitions and goals, and has not accomplished anything in his life.

It's not something I ever, ever wanted to be. I had goals to be a successful young person just like most people, and it's kind of disheartening to know I'll probably not have that chance. Selfish as it is, I often wish I could have had years of freedom and fun before settling down, and years of unbridled and wild experiences and it's led me to be more bitter than I've ever been. I've only recently come to terms emotionally that I'll just have change my whole outlook in life to ever be happy. I'll have to really be okay with what I have, instead of just settling for it and being bitter on the inside.

Tape, I've misjudged your intentions in the past, but I know this: it could not have been pleasant for you to discuss your mother's health problems and the fallout that they had on your personal life. Nevertheless, you chose to share this for the purpose of comforting and advising me.

I won't forget that.

Typing it out also lets me reflect a bit more on it myself, so hopefully we both got something good out of it!