Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Yeung Gor Hatred Analysis Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    You know, I hate wishing ill on other people...especially against members of my own family.

But I *really* feel my cousins have to pay for what they did to me.
    LoL Somehow I doubt you're alone here. I vehemently dislike a couple of my relatives...and some of them are responsible for terrible things that happened to myself and my mother and father. The parents responded to my contempt with some saying like the palm and back of the hand is still flesh or whatever regardless of how one cuts it. Well...to that I responded with declaring that I will never procreate because of the terrible people that we seem to create in our family.

That really shut them up quite quickly...and oddly, the MoM and dad have been getting along quite well...

I am personally waiting for just deserts. It will come.
    I like me.

And maybe....maybe Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl are just accessories to the crime. Stooges. Tools. Accomplices.

Maybe my *real* enemies... the ones I really hate...have been my cousins all along...or at least who they were during that dreadful summer of 1985.

And maybe....maybe Yeung Gor and Little Dragon Girl are just accessories to the crime. Stooges. Tools. Accomplices.

Maybe my *real* enemies... the ones I really hate...have been my cousins all along...or at least who they were during that dreadful summer of 1985.
    Snap out of it...it's YG and XLN.
    I like me.

That's the only thing that will satisfy me: to see those who hurt me pay for it.
    Are those hurt you in this forum? I found that being able to rise above those who hurt you is the best revenge. To me, the scene where after Yang Guo rescued Guo Fu from the razing fire, standing on top of a cliff with XLN, their cloths fluttering in the wind like deities while the Wu brothers, Guo Fu and others standing in the stream looking up to them, that would be the best revenge for Yang Guo for all the bullying he received from Guo Fu and the Wu brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    i call it revenge

not good not good
    Lune...I've reached the point where I'm about ready to give up anything...*anything* if I could only have revenge.

What some call "jealousy," others call "neglected injustice."
    There is no neglected injustice there. Some got it, some don't. I stopped asking why some guys got the most beautiful girls to fall for them a long time ago. Just try to get the best one you can, then try to treat her right. Then maybe you'll be able to get your revenge someday.

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Snap out of it...it's YG and XLN.
    Seriously...I'm beginning to think that Yeung Gor was just the weapon that they used.

It was my *cousins* who used that weapon in their callous ignorance.

So is it the dagger I should hate, or the ones who wielded the dagger?

Suddenly, this conflicts look different.

Lune...I've reached the point where I'm about ready to give up anything...*anything* if I could only have revenge.
    really? then let me ask u, wat do u pride the most rite now?
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by hoatran View Post
    There is no neglected injustice there. Some got it, some don't. I stopped asking why some guys got the most beautiful girls to fall for them a long time ago. Just try to get the best one you can, then try to treat her right. Then maybe you'll be able to get your revenge someday.
    Getting "a beautiful girl" or not is of secondary importance at this point.

The most important matter is one of principle: twenty-five years ago, a group of people, through repeated, constant, abusive behavior, forced into my still-developing mind the notion that I don't *deserve* to ever have an ideal companion...that I was defective, not good enough. That caused a domino effect of bad decisions on my part that broadly and deeply affected the next twenty-five years of my life.

That's the neglected injustice here. The fact that I'm alone at age thirty-eight is merely a symptom of the problem...not the problem itself.

Seriously...I'm beginning to think that Yeung Gor was just the weapon that they used.

It was my *cousins* who used that weapon in their callous ignorance.

So is it the dagger I should hate, or the ones who wielded the dagger?

Suddenly, this conflicts look different.
    Most people would say you should hate the ones who wielded the weapon. I would hate both...and I would hate the parents that gave birth to the ones who wielded the weapon...and such and such. It's case by case. The ones who deeply hurt me were not related to me...but my relatives were enablers.
    I like me.

really? then let me ask u, wat do u pride the most rite now?
    Could you rephrase that in full words, please? I'm having trouble parsing it. I confess that Internet slang is something of a foreign language to me (English teacher, you know?).

Most people would say you should hate the ones who wielded the weapon. I would hate both...and I would hate the parents that gave birth to the ones who wielded the weapon...and such and such. It's case by case. The ones who deeply hurt me were not related to me...but my relatives were enablers.
    better not mess with u

Could you rephrase that in full words, please? I'm having trouble parsing it. I confess that Internet slang is something of a foreign language to me (English teacher, you know?).
    At this moment, what do you treasure the most in your life?

better not mess with u

It's good that you know that.
    I like me.

At this moment, what do you treasure the most in your life?
    Probably my parents...just by default because events of the past few years have left my life a bit barren.

I trust people much less than I did even just three years ago. In three years, I feel I've lost ALL the progress I made in the previous twenty-two years.

I thought you are a happy go lucky person?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

The thing is (and this is the unbreakable chain) is that I constantly have something...not a voice in my head, but an irresistible thought...that I MUST always be compared to Yeung Gor and come up short compared to him.

It's like no matter what I do, Yeung Gor does it better and I always feel/look laughable compared to him...it's like I exist to be his inferior shadow or something.

THIS is what my girl cousins did to me, kidd...locked me into this unbreakable thought pattern.

They're my relatives, but sometimes, sometimes...I really hate them for what they did to me.
    The most important matter is one of principle: twenty-five years ago, a group of people, through repeated, constant, abusive behavior, forced into my still-developing mind the notion that I don't *deserve* to ever have an ideal companion...that I was defective, not good enough. That caused a domino effect of bad decisions on my part that broadly and deeply affected the next twenty-five years of my life.

That's the neglected injustice here. The fact that I'm alone at age thirty-eight is merely a symptom of the problem...not the problem itself.
    Six pages of this again? Blaming this girl and those cousins and these novel characters and that high school tragedy. Realize that the only person who locked you into anything is yourself.

No one thinks you are 'laughable' compared to Yang Guo. But plenty of people thinks that the way you are acting is 'laughable', period. You were mistreated 25 years ago as a kid? Boohoo, plenty of people were, including myself (try being the ONLY Chinese/Asian kid in a school of 800 in the Midwest). Even if you were 'set on the path', you were the one who walked down it for the next 25 years.

Honestly, what do you have to whine about?

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Well, you still got both your legs and your hands.

You can still talk

You can still breath on your own.

And you still have some family or friends of sorts.

Put things into perspective.

I see people suffering worse every single day that i work.

and people cope and try to be resilient.

And try to get help.

Life is unfair.

True.

Get on with it, and get some help.
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

I'm just constantly filled with a feeling of amorphous hatred, vengeance, and rage. I can't abandon it, nor can I convert it into anything positive. All I want to do is unleash it against those whom I feel deserve it, but my conscience tells me I shouldn't do that either...but I'm feeling like a nuclear reactor about to go to critical mass.

I want those who did this to know what it's like to be on the receiving end of what they dished out all those years ago. I want them to really understand what that experience was like.

I want them to carry that remorse with them for the rest of their lives...the knowledge that they did that cruel thing.

Then, and only then, will I be at peace.

Probably my parents...just by default because events of the past few years have left my life a bit barren.

I trust people much less than I did even just three years ago. In three years, I feel I've lost ALL the progress I made in the previous twenty-two years.
    And you are willing to give up your parents for revenge? Give up your fan fic and Jolie?

Don't want to sound like an old man, but come on, it's just not worth it.

Who cares if you haven't got married yet, a couple of my friends that are currently married are arguing every and they keep telling me how they hate going home. Life is perfectly fine being single... its 2010!

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    I thought you are a happy go lucky person?
    As my FB status update says: I take great pleasure in loving the people that I love...and I quite like hating the people that I hate.

SO...I do whatever and feel whatever the heck I want.
    I like me.