Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Thanks for your info. However, according to the new 8 mins trailer in the previous page, there wouldn't have BS of Yong Qi - Xin Rong. Is it confirmed that Xin Rong has a child with Yong Qi?
    It's confirmed by the new HGZZ film editor. If you watched the Dang MV, there's second bed scene between Yong Qi and Xin Rong where he's on top of her.

I have a feeling his mom probably imprisons him or threatens him with suicide or something. So YQ gives into the pressure and consummates his marriage with Xin Rong in order to reunite with XYZ in Yunnan. I also heard that Xin Rong in this version remarries.

I don't blame YQ for this, but QIONG YAO!!!
    Last edited by JoleCole; 07-29-11 at 01:29 PM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Can a consort of a royal prince remarry?

I seriously think QY is overdoing it! Like drawing legs on a snake. Too much is just too much. I don't get it why YQ suddenly has a mum in this version whereas his mum died in the original version.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    I seriously think QY is overdoing it! Like drawing legs on a snake. Too much is just too much. I don't get it why YQ suddenly has a mum in this version whereas his mum died in the original version.
    seriously. the original 3rd series was bad enough, with that zhi hua girl or whatever (i just pretend the 3rd series didnt happen, which isnt too hard since its all different people anyway). and like someone pointed out a long time ago, i felt like YQ not having a mom kinda bonded him and XYZ a bit, since they were both mother-less. this whole re-write thing is pissing me off; but at least its not alec's version! i can just pretend this is a whole new story that has nothing to do with my original beloved HZGG

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Can a consort of a royal prince remarry?

I read that QY found out that Consort Yu (YQ's mom) historically wasn't dead during the time period this drama takes place. I guess she had a sudden urge to be historically accurate and rose her from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    I read that QY found out that Consort Yu (YQ's mom) historically wasn't dead during the time period this drama takes place. I guess she had a sudden urge to be historically accurate and rose her from the dead.
    oh really? because the whole story is already just SO historically accurate, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChineseChik525 View Post
    oh really? because the whole story is already just SO historically accurate, right?
    i know right? haha

so far Consort Yu seems nice and soft-spoken, and her interaction with YQ is motherly sweet. ^^ maybe i'll start hating her when she starts despising XYZ or pulling the mom card to make YQ marry.

i know right? haha

so far Consort Yu seems nice and soft-spoken, and her interaction with YQ is motherly sweet. ^^ maybe i'll start hating her when she starts despising XYZ or pulling the mom card to make YQ marry.
    She appeared already? What episode is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    She appeared already? What episode is it on?
    I'm watching HunanTV version posted by VNMelody on youtube (click on recent uploads...the playlist won't be on there). that version seems to be ahead of the DVD version by an episode or so.

I'm watching HunanTV version posted by VNMelody on youtube (click on recent uploads...the playlist won't be on there). that version seems to be ahead of the DVD version by an episode or so.
    Oh, I'm watching that too! But I was just skimming. XD Guess I missed it.

Edit:
    Oh, the Hunan version is one an episode short? The Grand Empress arrives in episode 26, but on the HD version, that's episode 28. Confusing...
    Last edited by Sakuya; 07-30-11 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    It's confirmed by the new HGZZ film editor. If you watched the Dang MV, there's second bed scene between Yong Qi and Xin Rong where he's on top of her.

I have a feeling his mom probably imprisons him or threatens him with suicide or something. So YQ gives into the pressure and consummates his marriage with Xin Rong in order to reunite with XYZ in Yunnan. I also heard that Xin Rong in this version remarries.

I don't blame YQ for this, but QIONG YAO!!!
    Oh great....the worst storyline in HZGG III was the Zhi Hua and Yong Qi marriage and how they conceived a child. I thought that none of the bs from the 3rd season was going to be in the NHZGG but I guess she changed her mind. I was actually thinking of watching the new remake and finishing it but not I don't think that is going to happen. I don't think I will be able to sit and watch that part again...

Quote Originally Posted by bell3442 View Post
    Oh great....the worst storyline in HZGG III was the Zhi Hua and Yong Qi marriage and how they conceived a child. I thought that none of the bs from the 3rd season was going to be in the NHZGG but I guess she changed her mind. I was actually thinking of watching the new remake and finishing it but not I don't think that is going to happen. I don't think I will be able to sit and watch that part again...
    exactly. i mean, its pretty bad and goes entirely against what seasons 1 and 2 were saying about only loving one person and whatever, but as long as it not alec playing YQ, i just pretend its a different person and doesnt affect me as much the only real YQ, in my mind, is alec.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
    Oh, I'm watching that too! But I was just skimming. XD Guess I missed it.

Edit:
    Oh, the Hunan version is one an episode short? The Grand Empress arrives in episode 26, but on the HD version, that's episode 28. Confusing...
    Actually, the Hunan version is not one episode short, it's just longer than the HD (DVD version); therefore, it's faster in airing.

Oh, BTW, added lots more variety shows + news of the NHZGG casts!

Beat the Mic

Happy Camp with Rong Mo Mo & Huang Shang
    Last edited by qtee123; 07-31-11 at 04:22 AM.

Default Opinion - review up to ep 29

I started watching this with a very open mind....but, sadly, my patience seems to be wearing out.

Unlike the original, I don't find myself amused. Have I just grown old? When I watched the original, I was late elementary or early high school so maybe my humor was different. Is it just me? I find the humor in the new version rather dry and forced.

I am a little disappointed with the new xiao yanzi. In the original to me, she was mischievous but endearing; naive and clueless, yet innocent and carefree. The new xiao yanzi just comes off rash, spoiled, rather dim witted , and (I'm sorry to say this) just really really reeallllyyy annoying. Almost to the point that I'd want to slap her so she'd snap out of it. I can't tell if it's based on the acting or the script. It makes me wonder if this was Vicki, how would she have portrayed the new script. Would she come off as bratty, spoiled, whiny and stupid as the xiao yanzi I am watching now or would she be able to portray this character in the same light as the original...?

Does bejamin have to be in every scene? He's everywhere! just his character being around ruins the realism of the storyline for me, let alone having to see him in every scene. And ...no offense, ...some of his lines are said in monotone so it's been getting on my nerves.

Zi Wei has very empty eyes and I don't get that feeling I felt acted by the original Zi Wei. Although i am not a big fan of Ruby Lin's acting, I have to admit she was born for the role of Zi Wei. The character, although loved and famous, is very difficult to portray considering Zi Wei's almost 'lovely wallflower-like personality' has to stand against such strong characters like Xiao yanzi, wu ah ge and Er kang whose personality and characteristics are so interesting and captivating. ...So I give Ruby Lin huge props for making me fall in love with the character Zi Wei. The new Zi Wei...so far...i don't see/feel the intelligence, the gentleness, kind , sweet, innocent, yet outgoing and clever. And most importantly, i am not buying that she loves er kang. ....bleh...kind of bland.

Wu ah ge who? Oh, the guy who is always in the back behind benjamin? oh i don't know. Don't remember....

So I will end this with something good. I really like the new Er Tai. although the original Er tai wasn't bad, he wasn't memorable to me either. The new Er Tai stands out and (I hate to say this), he's my favorite character right now due to the other characters not shining as much as they should. You would think strong characters like Wu ah ge or xiao yanzi should be enthralling me right? NoooOOOoooo.... I enjoy the very...very...few moments where er tai is in the scene and has lines. He portrays a manliness to him that suits the character well.
    Er kang has been pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    I am a little disappointed with the new xiao yanzi. In the original to me, she was mischievous but endearing; naive and clueless, yet innocent and carefree. The new xiao yanzi just comes off rash, spoiled, rather dim witted , and (I'm sorry to say this) just really really reeallllyyy annoying. Almost to the point that I'd want to slap her so she'd snap out of it. I can't tell if it's based on the acting or the script. It makes me wonder if this was Vicki, how would she have portrayed the new script. Would she come off as bratty, spoiled, whiny and stupid as the xiao yanzi I am watching now or would she be able to portray this character in the same light as the original...?

Does bejamin have to be in every scene? He's everywhere! just his character being around ruins the realism of the storyline for me, let alone having to see him in every scene. And ...no offense, ...some of his lines are said in monotone so it's been getting on my nerves.

Zi Wei has very empty eyes and I don't get that feeling I felt acted by the original Zi Wei. Although i am not a big fan of Ruby Lin's acting, I have to admit she was born for the role of Zi Wei. The character, although loved and famous, is very difficult to portray considering Zi Wei's almost 'lovely wallflower-like personality' has to stand against such strong characters like Xiao yanzi, wu ah ge and Er kang whose personality and characteristics are so interesting and captivating. ...So I give Ruby Lin huge props for making me fall in love with the character Zi Wei. The new Zi Wei...so far...i don't see/feel the intelligence, the gentleness, kind , sweet, innocent, yet outgoing and clever. And most importantly, i am not buying that she loves er kang. ....bleh...kind of bland.
    First off since I still haven't watched past the 1st ep (just following this thread to read all the reviews), my comments may be totally off base.

But, just based off of what I've seen so far in trailers/clips/etc, I'm inclined to think it's more the script's fault. I think the actress has pretty good acting (not as naturally cute as Vicki was but that is a hard act to follow). Plus, I mentioned before that even though I loved Vicki as XYZ in HZGG1, even she couldn't save the poor script and characterization in HZGG2 cause I really disliked the character after watching the sequel. So, I tend to blame the brattiness/stupidity of the character on Qiong Yao.

I totally agree that the new Zi Wei definitely makes me appreciate Ruby Lin much more. Before I always thought she was a pretty bland actress, because while I liked her well enough as ZW, I was more interested in nearly all the other female characters (including XYZ, Jin Suo, Qing Er, etc). However now I definitely feel like she did a great job with the material she was given, since as you said the character is easily turned into a "wallflower/vase" without the right acting. So, kudos (13 years late) to Ruby!

Also, is Benjamin STILL in the forefront of all the scenes?! He is probably the main reason why I'm not that bothered to keep watching. Can someone let me know when he finally regresses to the background...

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    I can't tell if it's based on the acting or the script. It makes me wonder if this was Vicki, how would she have portrayed the new script. Would she come off as bratty, spoiled, whiny and stupid as the xiao yanzi I am watching now or would she be able to portray this character in the same light as the original...?
    Did you skip HZGG2?

Sometimes I wonder if it was really QY who wrote the original because all the XYZs after the original are all annoying and stupid as hell.

i really like the actors, but the script itself has too many faults.

Dunno what QY is thinking...there are too many draggy scenes (i.e. the four eunuch, wayyy too much time spent on XYZ's lack of literary knowledge, etc). It's episode 28 already and still no sign of revealing ZiWei's true identity nor much XYZ/YQ moments. I think QY decided to focus more on XYZ's antics in the palace and trying to be funny. After watching the last few episodes, I'm just thinking that this XYZ is like a walking disaster. If I were one of the characters I would run away from her as far as possible.

Qing'er has made her appearance though...I love her! I think she's super pretty and her voice is really nice. Dunno why they casted her as Qing'er...I feel like the actress is better suited as ZW and might have done a better job.

Agree about the new ErTai...He's super cute! ^^

@mango_cake
    it might really irk you to know that not only has Benji NOT regressed to the background, but he is also the first guy in the drama to hug XYZ. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if it was really QY who wrote the original because all the XYZs after the original are all annoying and stupid as hell.
    LMAO. good point
    but seriously. for some reason, as horrible as the story/acting/people are, i cant help tuning in and watching the trainwreck every night -.-
    i do have to say though, i kinda like the new er kang! and er tai. thats about it. the new ZW is not only not beautiful, but really dull and not convincing at all. i seriously don't know whats wrong with QY's eyes - maybe she's getting too old? that must be it.
    oh, and XYZ's voice is annoying the HELL out of me - seriously, she sounds like she has a cold every/stuffy nose every single time!

Qing'er has made her appearance though...I love her! I think she's super pretty and her voice is really nice. Dunno why they casted her as Qing'er...I feel like the actress is better suited as ZW and might have done a better job.
    agreed! i think she's so much prettier than ZW, and her acting is pretty good too. she's so sweet looking! i think she wouldve made a really good ZW. dunno what QY's thinking....
    Last edited by ChineseChik525; 07-31-11 at 10:59 PM.

The new YongQi is actually starting to grow on me in recent episodes. Finally, he gets more screentime!! BUTTTT still not as much as Benji I see good potential in him. I actually like all the actors in this series EXCEPT for Benji...ErTai is my absolute favorite. He's such an adorable boy! Surprisingly the most matured one too!! And Qing'er is definitely the most beautiful actress in this series!
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    First off since I still haven't watched past the 1st ep (just following this thread to read all the reviews), my comments may be totally off base.

But, just based off of what I've seen so far in trailers/clips/etc, I'm inclined to think it's more the script's fault. I think the actress has pretty good acting (not as naturally cute as Vicki was but that is a hard act to follow). Plus, I mentioned before that even though I loved Vicki as XYZ in HZGG1, even she couldn't save the poor script and characterization in HZGG2 cause I really disliked the character after watching the sequel. So, I tend to blame the brattiness/stupidity of the character on Qiong Yao.

I totally agree that the new Zi Wei definitely makes me appreciate Ruby Lin much more. Before I always thought she was a pretty bland actress, because while I liked her well enough as ZW, I was more interested in nearly all the other female characters (including XYZ, Jin Suo, Qing Er, etc). However now I definitely feel like she did a great job with the material she was given, since as you said the character is easily turned into a "wallflower/vase" without the right acting. So, kudos (13 years late) to Ruby!

Also, is Benjamin STILL in the forefront of all the scenes?! He is probably the main reason why I'm not that bothered to keep watching. Can someone let me know when he finally regresses to the background...

oh. If you didn't like xiao yanzi in hzgg2 then I recommend if you're going to watch this new version, then please consider watching it with a doctor by your side,... case you suffer a heart attack from anger. I know in HZGG2 Xiao yanzi's naive and mischievous personality became slightly rash, illogical and insensitive so she became less likeable. Though I put great emphasis on the word "less." Although her character became more exasperating, she was still loveable nonetheless. But the new Xiao yanzi ...sigh. How do I explain this? you'll have to imagine the HZGG of season 2 at her most extreme, then add spoiled brat into the mixture and amplified the stupidity by 1000000 = a boiling and disappointed viewer.

Yah. Benjamin is everywhere....literally.

Every scene he has to somehow pop out somewhere somehow, say some monotone lines or give the same wide eye expressions. Oh...and he gets to hold Xiao Yanzi and comfort her in the latest ep. As If not being the one to write the letter to Zi wei or meeting Xiao yanzi first right at the beginning OR having her sneak to see him every night and popping out with hot chocolate everywhere wasn't enough....

Is QY going through a western phase?

What I really liked about HZGG was that it felt R-E-A-L. It's such a shame that this drama was filmed so beautifully with all the beautiful costumes and scenery, and yet it lacked the most important thing that gave it LIFE. the love between the couples, the everlasting friendship and sisterhood, the love between father and daughter! It's all gone....
    Why is QY emphasizing so much on dry humor and not on what gave her story of HZGG so much love from viewers all around the world?

When Zi Wei was hurt or Xiao yanzi cried or every time Wu Ah Ge showed his troubled expressions, my heart ached with them and I lived every emotion that they were going through and wanted that life they wanted; To run away and be free. It was a rollor coaster ride from carefree happiness to feeling burdened and troubled, back to touched and loved, then to hurt and betrayed , and return in the end to warmth and happiness. It was beautiful. The story she wrote gave Life LIFE ( lol hope this makes sense). It made me want to live THAT type of life. Be that carefree.... run in the rain, walk on green grass, sing songs, laugh, love, and LIVE. ...But now I feel like I am just watching this drama for the sake of watching out of boredom and slight curiosity of how much more damage can she do....

I am not buying the sisterhood between Xiao Yanzi and Zi wei. I don't even buy that they are mere acquaintainces or friends right now. And although i feel the love Er Kang has for Zi wei, i don't feel that it is being reciprocated. The way she looks at him and her interaction, although gentle and kind, lacks that slight edge to convince me she loves him deeply too. ANd the most disappointing is relationship between father and daughter(s). The new king isn't bad and all. He portrays an aura of authority and the manliness requires for this role well, but I just don't feel that he loves his children like the original King. Sometimes i find that his expressions seems more like he's amused of them than love them for their unique personality.

***status*** heart plummeting into utter disappointment....

Dunno what QY is thinking...there are too many draggy scenes (i.e. the four eunuch, wayyy too much time spent on XYZ's lack of literary knowledge, etc). It's episode 28 already and still no sign of revealing ZiWei's true identity nor much XYZ/YQ moments. I think QY decided to focus more on XYZ's antics in the palace and trying to be funny. After watching the last few episodes, I'm just thinking that this XYZ is like a walking disaster. If I were one of the characters I would run away from her as far as possible.

@mango_cake
    it might really irk you to know that not only has Benji NOT regressed to the background, but he is also the first guy in the drama to hug XYZ. haha.
    ...*facepalm*

Also I can't believe they dragged on the storyline that long--when you think about the original HZGG it was only 24 eps but the story was very well-paced and cohesive. So now it's past 28 eps and nothing much has happened?? Sounds like it may be worse than HZGG2 (which was also infuriatingly draggy).