Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

i disagree with the majority of the posts here, and the comparisons to the old drama are getting kind of repetitive (no offense). i want to come to this thread to read/talk about the current drama and diss/praise things i see, but i feel like i'm being inundated by things like 'alec su was amazing', 'xyz/yq in the old version was so much better', etc etc. i'm not denying or agreeing with these statements, but i don't know whether or not i'm participating in a thread about the new HZGG or the old one. sure it's impossible to discuss the drama with comparing it to the old version (and i myself have done this), but seeing yet another comment about how the old drama was so much better is quite unpleasant and is pretty much a broken record. i believe i'm feeling this sentiment because i quite enjoy this series and i find it endearing, hence my defensiveness regarding the criticisms. if you find my comments offensive, my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    And i'm going to end this post with a Bang knowing now im going to get boulders and poop thrown at me. I dislike the singing in this version too! yep! i said it. the singing sucks. Not the ost, the lyrics, the songs , the actors or actresses, BUT how it was directed. It doesn't feel carefree and fun. I felt like the director said "stand over there. you over here. u sway ur booty there. And now....LOOOK HAPPY!" Everything looks so choreographed and fake. In the original when the rode on horses in beautiful grass field towards the sunset singing their songs ...beautiful metaphor.... The songs have such beautiful lyrics about being free, happy, and...being together with ppl you love. it's a really touching scene.
    NHZGG makes me want to pull out my hair becus even THIS beautiful scene feels so fake.
    i greatly disagree with this. i believe the scenes in which the cast sings Dang and Ni Shi Feng Er (etc) are one of the more beautiful parts of the series. For Dang, the fact that they composed the song together to me symbolizes their bond of friendship, the carefree and happy period during which this scene took place, the love and affection that the guys felt for the gals. the scenery was beautiful, the song was wonderfully done (albeit not as epic as Power Station's version)...to me, THIS scene was what Dang was supposed to be about. A group of friends, appreciating the moment.

As for the song Ni Shi Feng Er, I also found it to be another beautifully shot scene. This is HX/MED's song, and this scene truly depicted this. I found it touching when MED imagined HX in front of him. The way she danced and the way he smiled, she being carefree and he with a look of bliss on his face...it truly depicted their love better than the old version did. Don't know why, but I found it to be a very emotional scene. I find the little nuances to have the greatest effect.

Whether old or new versions, no matter Auntie Qiong Yao's insistence on throwing Benjamin at our faces, I'll continue to ADORE YQ & XYZ against her wishes.

Lovely lovely MV of YQ & XYZ moments

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Whether old or new versions, no matter Auntie Qiong Yao's insistence on throwing Benjamin at our faces, I'll continue to ADORE YQ & XYZ against her wishes.
    Xiaolong, LOL I'm just a sucker for anything YQ & XYZ new or old. I just have pouring love these two characters. Heck...I even watched the horrendous HZGG 3 for them.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Me too I love the new version of HZGG, all the scenes are beautiful although the story line is not as good as the old one but some of the new scenes are so hilarious. I must say I cried alot watching the old version as there alot more touching scenes but the new series have grown on me. Am so in love with the new Er Kang and Zi Wei, I do agree with LoveLee that the new Zi Wei is not as good as Ruby but I can still feel the connection she has with the new Er Kang whereas Ruby didnt really connect with Zhou Jie that well. Ok sorry ive started to compare the old and new, better stop now.

I love this forum as it connects all english speaking HZGG fans together, thank you for those of you who actually take the time to write a comment. I love reading all the post whether its good or bad. Can we have more spoilers as my mandarin is very very bad, im waiting for viki.com to sub the drama but becos I love HZGG so much, ive been watching the new version in mandarin (yes im that sad). Can someone translate some of the cute scenes between Er Kang and Zi Wei?

For Zi Wei & Er Kang lovers, this is the lovely scene where Er Kang rescues her at the cliff...

I LOVE all the romances in HZGG, new and old. I just dislike the unnecessary third parties (stupid Benjamin & Xin Rong b*tch) in New HZGG to the core.

For Zi Wei & Er Kang lovers, this is the lovely scene where Er Kang rescues her at the cliff...

I LOVE all the romances in HZGG, new and old. I just dislike the unnecessary third parties (stupid Benjamin & Xin Rong b*tch) in New HZGG to the core.

Thanks hun, love this scene too. Just wish I knew what they were saying (haha). I think Zi Wei has such a sweet voice and my heart melts when I hear Er Kang talk (even though I dont know what his saying).

Is there just me to find Xiaojian and Qing'er started so fast and so easy that brings no feelings to me? They have confessed to each other already and started being together. There's no torture abt different positions between them or his family's grudge...

haha, the video posted by xiaolong...I actually find that scene really hurtful to my ears. Because in every line, ZW tends to gasps "huk"..."huk"...and her voice is so high-pitched to the point of annoyance. Er Kang, on the other hand, has nice, strong voice.

mango_cake, i guess they're pretty new to this kissing onscreen stuff. but it was awkward when I saw it in the preview....and it doesn't get any better with Benji having the look that he could do it better! LOLS!

happyswallow, the comparisons are getting repetitive because most fans have the same sentiments. This is a discussion board about the remake so comparisons are bound to happen. i agree with lovelee about the songs performance. Sometimes it's not about being pretty to the screen but shooting it in a way the viewers don't feel it forced and made-up (for the sake of "hey, we're bonding right here!"). Riding on horses in the meadow was a beautiful and poignant. And enough for me.

i think this drama is better at "telling" and lacks the "showing" element. honestly, i think QY focused too much on making things pretty and forget about the moments that made the classic, a classic.

sorry if i offend anyone, i like this thread because it's entertaining to read everyone's comment, whether or not they agree with me. if you don't like what a certain member posts, it's best to ignore and not have fan wars. ii know its discouraging to see people dissing a drama that you like, but that's why we need a discussion board altogether. we agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by happyswallow View Post
    i disagree with the majority of the posts here, and the comparisons to the old drama are getting kind of repetitive (no offense). i want to come to this thread to read/talk about the current drama and diss/praise things i see, but i feel like i'm being inundated by things like 'alec su was amazing', 'xyz/yq in the old version was so much better', etc etc. i'm not denying or agreeing with these statements, but i don't know whether or not i'm participating in a thread about the new HZGG or the old one. sure it's impossible to discuss the drama with comparing it to the old version (and i myself have done this), but seeing yet another comment about how the old drama was so much better is quite unpleasant and is pretty much a broken record. i believe i'm feeling this sentiment because i quite enjoy this series and i find it endearing, hence my defensiveness regarding the criticisms. if you find my comments offensive, my apologies.
    Nah I'm not offended nor would I ever be. This forum is to share our opinions and feedbacks. And since we're all different , im sure our tastes and opinions will differ. I am entitled to my opinions, but I also respect yours and everybody elses. It's a good mix I enjoy reading this forum and the different opinions.

And reading your optimism (and others) is a good mix. Ying to my Yang. I will try to watch this drama with as open a mind as I can.

keep the posts rolling ya'll

How are the ratings now? Is it still no.1? I heard that Thai series on Anhui channel got the highest rating 0.638% on 16 August and Anhui's average rating is higer than Hunan? Is this true?

ps. i like to note I really like everyone's writing styles. you guys are hilarious and insightful. i'm glad i found this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    Is there just me to find Xiaojian and Qing'er started so fast and so easy that brings no feelings to me? They have confessed to each other already and started being together. There's no torture abt different positions between them or his family's grudge...
    Most important thing is to capture just their adorable cute moments - no need to watch the whole drama

Xiao Jian & Qing Er restaurant scene...

The confession!

-I love this scene too. It's very romantic. They are so lovely. Er Kang's acting was awesome. He's such a great actor.

-Actually Benjamin is not bad but I don't like the fact that he helped XYZ to draw letters to ZW. That's ruin the climax of part I.

-I am up to Epi. 62 (Chinese) and 25 (Vietnamese)... I want to see more scenes of ZW and EK.

LOL i've never seen this clip before! but what kinda stupid idea was that? they're balancing for their lives on a tree branch and EK tells ZW to stretch her arms and legs? as if he's afraid they might not fall off already

Lol they all got their arses out in episode 61! They were as red as a baboon's ***.

Quote Originally Posted by vuongngocyen View Post
    -I love this scene too. It's very romantic. They are so lovely. Er Kang's acting was awesome. He's such a great actor.
    I know! Actually I grew to like the Zi Wei actress precisely because of her gorgeous romantic scenes and wonderful chem with Er Kang. While YQ & XYZ were adorably oh-so-cute! especially in the garden scene, I loved EK & ZW's cliff scene as theirs is a different kind of desperate love, clinging on to each other for dear life (and looovve!)
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-18-11 at 10:59 PM.

I'm starting to check out the lead cast in this series. So unfair only Benjamin got the role without an audition. Most of them have been through rigorous training at the 3 top acting schools in China and worked themselves to the bone to get these roles.

Interestingly Li Sheng has been in several other dramas before, but studied advertising, not acting, at university. Qiong Yao personally picked her for the XYZ role. I really like Li Jia Hang (Er Kang) too - looks like he and Hai Lu (Zi Wei) were in the same cohort at Shanghai Theatre Academy. I'm surprised that Zhang Rui (Yong Qi) was in Hong Lou Meng? Got to check out that series again.

I'm starting to check out the lead cast in this series. So unfair only Benjamin got the role without an audition. Most of them have been through rigorous training at the 3 top acting schools in China and worked themselves to the bone to get these roles.

Interestingly Li Sheng has been in several other dramas before, but studied advertising, not acting, at university. Qiong Yao personally picked her for the XYZ role. I really like Li Jia Hang (Er Kang) too - looks like he and Hai Lu (Zi Wei) were in the same cohort at Shanghai Theatre Academy. I'm surprised that Zhang Rui (Yong Qi) was in Hong Lou Meng? Got to check out that series again.
    Where u get the info? Mind to share. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by straw View Post
    Where u get the info? Mind to share. Thanks.
    Check out their profiles on Baidu or Chinese Wiki:
    Li Sheng (Xiao Yan Zi)
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/340962.htm

Hai Lu (Zi Wei)
    http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/海陸_(演員)

Zhang Rui (Yong Qi)
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/74842.htm

Li Jia Hang (Er Kang)
    http://baike.baidu.com/view/2150796.htm

in the latest episode, yong qi and xiao yan zi had their third kiss.