Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Princess Returning Pearl 2011 《新还珠格格》 - Li Sheng, Hai Lu, Zhang Rui, Li Jia Hang

Reading this....I'm scared to watch....

Sigh...Should I jump ship? QY is trying so hard and all, should I just give in and jump aboard the XYZ/Benji loveboat? ....

When I first started this series, I read that QY planned on fixing the previous flaws of the original. ....... THIS is called "fixing?!"

Quote Originally Posted by LoveLee View Post
    Reading this....I'm scared to watch....

Sigh...Should I jump ship? QY is trying so hard and all, should I just give in and jump aboard the XYZ/Benji loveboat? ....

When I first started this series, I read that QY planned on fixing the previous flaws of the original. ....... THIS is called "fixing?!"
    Or you can just ship BenjixQY. It's the most canon pairing in this series, besides ErtaixBackground.

Quote Originally Posted by merrygocow View Post
    Or you can just ship BenjixQY. It's the most canon pairing in this series, besides ErtaixBackground.
    LOL. i dont even watch the series (i like the read everyone's comments cause they're usually pretty funny ) but this made me laugh so much

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang View Post
    HZGG 3 the 2nd nightmare:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrNm...layer_embedded
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uOf...layer_embedded

Now I believe that the spoiler revealed by JoleCole long time ago was correct. YongQi seems to have a child with XinRong. I just can't imagine what QY would lead the story to after the above scene. What would YongQi do or how would he face XYZ? Say some stupid things like "I would bring you happiness" again n again?
    W. T. F. !!! I'm speechless. And is it necessary to show this in such detail?! Do any of the other couples in this series even get a bed scene like this?! What is QY thinking, we do not want to see this, truly. If she HAS to keep the stupid YQ "has a son" plot at least show the scene offscreen. And I didn't watch much of HZGG3 but at least in there it happened only AFTER YQ and XYZ were married for a few years and he was forced to do it only because they thought XYZ couldn't have kids. I can't believe here he does it before he and XYZ get married! (Well at least it proves the "Asian series do bed scenes only if there's a pregnancy" rule once again... :P)

Ok I bet they're going to play it off as Xin Rong drugs YQ and he think she is XYZ...but still, unacceptable. (And if it's anything other than that...I don't even know what to say.)

I think QY has either WAY overestimated the love people have for XYZ/YQ (thinking we will just accept anything as long as they end up happy together), or WAY underestimated it (thinking we don't care that much about this couple and will accept any kind of wacko contrived garbage to stir up drama).

Or, like merrygocow pointed out, she is just blinded by her love for Benjamin. Either way, she has screwed up.

You make me LOL merrygocow =)). Sure, finishing this series then I'll turn to ship ErtaixBackground

what does QY hope to accomplish other than a career for Benjamin. So far all I've gotten out of this drama is rage and frustration.

I've officially jumped ship... I'm now xyz/benji... however I'm just setting myself up for disappointment because xyz is going to end up with YQ. For some reason... that just makes me really angry on different levels. Number 1: YQ marries xinrong but hasnt married xyz... if that stays fact YQ leaves his wife for his lover. There are so many things wrong with that. Number 2: Benji is basically pouring his little heart and soul out to XYZ only to get rejected at the end? Wtf?! He has no future... he can't stay in China because unless he's in the palace everyone's going to think he's a freak. So what? He's going back to England so he can marry one of the Dashwood sisters while he secretly pines for XYZ for the rest of his life?

and to be fair... ertaiXbackground has always been the canon pairing. Pity that that's the only original pairing that QY has adamantly stuck by

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I think QY has either WAY overestimated the love people have for XYZ/YQ (thinking we will just accept anything as long as they end up happy together), or WAY underestimated it (thinking we don't care that much about this couple and will accept any kind of wacko contrived garbage to stir up drama). .
    I'm too deeply traumatized to continue. I'll just continue with my beloved YQ/XYZ MVs which cut off everyone else!!! Plus I've to catch up with other dramas which I put on hold for this one (e.g. Unbeatable II).

1. i don't care how much YQ loves XYZ...anyone father who abandons his child deserves to be scorned.

2. XR has got to be the most sane/realistic person in this entire drama. Yes she doesn't understand what love is...but isn't this how the typical woman was during this period? People online are calling her so many names (i.e b*tch), but so far she hasn't shown a bad side at all. She is courteous to ZW/XYZ, respectful to LFY and YuFei, and willing to marry a man she doesn't know in order to fulfill her duties as a daughter and a subject of the court. It makes it so complicated because I can't hate her.

Seriously QY, what the eff?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I'm too deeply traumatized to continue. I'll just continue with my beloved YQ/XYZ MVs which cut off everyone else!!! Plus I've to catch up with other dramas which I put on hold for this one (e.g. Unbeatable II).
    I'm on the same boat with you. People should know how much I love YongYan pairing and after seeing that traumatic scene, I really wish that XYZ disappears forever from the palace and YQ ends up dying to spite his mom/xinrong. What the heck are the director and QY thinking playing out that scene with so much details?

Well...not sure if there's any shipper for Li Sheng and Zhang Rui [note: not YongYan cuz YQ is imagining it XYZ only], here's BTS for their "bed" scene. So it seems, I think YQ gets drugged and mistakes Xinrong for XYZ...that hideous cliche plot again.

p.s. I want to laugh at QY's face for so-called "I want to bring happiness to everyone by remaking this drama". This is what she calls happiness?!! it's the most depressing tragic story ever!!!! even Romeo and Juliet should be called "happily ever after" compared to this catastrophe.

Last edited by JoleCole; 08-23-11 at 02:07 AM.
    Need to stop being lazy...

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I'm on the same boat with you. People should know how much I love YongYan pairing and after seeing that traumatic scene, I'm want to ship even Benji/XYZ. Now that says something!! What the heck is the director and QY are thinking playing out that scene with so much details?

Well...not sure if there's any shipper for Li Sheng and Zhang Rui [note: not YongYan cuz YQ is imagining it XYZ only], here's BTS for their "bed" scene. So it seems, I think YQ gets drugged and mistaken Xinrong for XYZ...that hideous cliche plot again.
    OMG this made me so angry. Stupid, completely overused cliche...and now he sleeps with her.
    Apparently QY thought that YQ getting drunk was 'completely removing Zhi Hua'.

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    I think QY has either WAY overestimated the love people have for XYZ/YQ (thinking we will just accept anything as long as they end up happy together), or WAY underestimated it (thinking we don't care that much about this couple and will accept any kind of wacko contrived garbage to stir up drama).
    I'd believe that if this had been the first time we've seen this plot. But this was in HZGG3 and QY knew exactly how much we hated it, how much it destroyed the magic of YQ and XYZ and she even promised that it wasn't gonna be in the remake. I read somewhere that people are asking her why do we need Wu concubine and Zihua again? Guess what she said? To show how deep YQ's love is. Uh how about you show how deep his love is by giving him back his role?

So yeah I'm going with my Benjamin theory.

@happyswallow: I agree with you, for the first time ever lawl.

I'd believe that if this had been the first time we've seen this plot. But this was in HZGG3 and QY knew exactly how much we hated it, how much it destroyed the magic of YQ and XYZ and she even promised that it wasn't gonna be in the remake. I read somewhere that people are asking her why do we need Wu concubine and Zihua again? Guess what she said? To show how deep YQ's love is. Uh how about you show how deep his love is by giving him back his role?
    QY's scriptwriting power should be removed. I think she's in La-la land. This is not what I call "L-O-V-E" it should be called "N-I-G-H-T-M-A-R-E" II

@happyswallow: I agree with you, for the first time ever lawl.
    HAHAHA.

yes I had a lot of patience for this drama. To tell the truth, I'm pretty satisfied with most of what I've seen...I didn't expect too much and I definitely did not dislike Benji (loved him actually).
    However, YQ/XYZ is just a big gigantic mess. I wonder if QY is aware of how much hate she is getting for her ridiculous writing.

Stupid "drugged up and thinking it's the wrong girl" storyline. >_< Just as I assumed.

Ugh. I was going to wait till this series finished broadcasting in its entirety before watching but this is completely turning me off. This is exactly why I avoided HZGG3 and now the new one sounds even worse?! (Where is a bawling smiley when you need it...how does it not exist in this forum...what has QY done to my beloved HZGG...I'm starting to think the first HZGG was a total fluke or someone took over QY's brain when she wrote it. How can there be such a dramatic difference?!)

so....HZGG part 3 is stilll in the story. I hate irresponsible parents. YQ, just man up and take care of the innocent child you created!! QY, I'm speechless at your so-called "happiness" and your writing....sucks.

*jumps on benji's ship*

the question now is...what's there NOT to like about Benji? oh the heartache!!

Yeah... I'm never ever gonna like him or BenjixXYZ because I'm reminded of how QY sabotaged YQ and XYZ on purpose so that she can promote him. As if giving him the male lead over ZW and EK and a shitload of screentime wasn't enough already. He was only under YQ and then she turned YQ, arguably the most likable character in HZGG into a douche so that Benjamin will go over him too.

I'm confused with QY's intentions. If she likes Benji so much with all her efforts to practically ruin YongQi's character to promote Benji's....Then WHY won't Xiao Yanzi just be with Benji in the end already?

I wonder HOW Yong Qi going to redeem himself at this point?!

I read that ratings have dived since Xin Rong b*tch came into the picture...

Just as expected. Viewers like me can't bear to watch it anymore.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 08-23-11 at 03:41 AM.

Because it's smarter of QY to be subtle and leave the audience with the idea that she should have picked Benjamin the guy who was there for her while YQ is humping his wife rather than actually putting them together in the end and turning Benjamin into the guy who stole his best friend girlfriend. No matter how douchey YQ becomes, it would have made Benjamin less perfect than he is.

Also, there were shitload of pictures of XYZ and YQ together released before the movie came out and very little of Benjamin, if any at all. Pictures of them as a couple in magazines and DVDs as well. How the hell is QY gonna explain the fact that XYZ ends up falling for someone else but hey, she's with YQ in all of the advertisements? And if there had been pictures of her with Benjamin as a couple before the movie came out, who the hell is gonna watch the movie? Remember, YQ and XYZ is a huge selling point for the remake. They were, without a doubt, the most popular couple in the original.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I read that ratings have dived since Xin Rong b*tch came into the picture...

Just as expected. Viewers like me can't bear to watch it anymore.
    Good! I hope it drops even further and gains back viewership when Xin Rong (i'm itching to add Benji to this list as well ) doesn't show up anymore!

Honestly, Hunan TV should have stopped that crazy lady QY from butchering the most beloved onscreen couple! Aren't they known to be shrewd businessmen?
    Last edited by JoleCole; 08-23-11 at 04:06 AM.