Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doesn't it feel wrong/weird that Kiu Fung is the weakest of the DGSD brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    By the end of DGSD, Kiu Fung's overall martial arts abilities were significantly weaker than those of his two sworn brothers, Hui Juk and Deun Yu. Although Kiu Fung had the most fighting experience and by far the best combat instincts among them, his inner power was not half of either of theirs, and his skills were not as sophisticated and versatile.

Does it seem intuitively wrong/weird to you that Kiu Fung ended up being (significantly) the weakest of the three protagonist brothers in DGSD in terms of martial arts? DGSD '81 might be influencing my perspective on this, but to me, it *still* seems that Kiu Fung would be able to womp either Hui Juk or Deun Yu's butts despite their greater inner power and more sophisticated skill sets.
    The LMSJ seem to be more powerful than the XL28P but I wouldn't say that XF's martial arts are overall less advanced and sophisticated than DY's as in addition to being a master of the XL28P and the Dog Beating Stick technique he is also an expert in Shaolin martial arts whereas DY only knows the Lingbo Weibu and the LMSJ. If the Dragon Palms don't work XF'd still have plenty more alternatives to beat DY, but in the case of DY, if the LMSJ are neutralized, which is very possible given XF's combat experience and DY's tendency to choke at crucial moments, he'd be toast b/c his close-quarters fighting skills are basically equal to zero, and he can't dodge forever even with the LBWB. XF may not be able to overcome the huge internal energy gap to beat XZ as XZ himself is also a fast learner of martial arts but it's highly unlikely that he'd lose to a pansy like DY.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    Well, first of all 6MSJ is a sword, not a gun, so DY does not have to fire again if he misses. The attack is still there in the air, he just needs to move it to the correct location. Second, DY knows exactly where the sword is positioned because it is connected to his finger. Third, when he moves his finger, the sword moves as well near instantly (it tracks his finger at the speed of light) and he only has to move his finger an extremely small distance to make the sword move a large distance. So XF must move several times faster than DY, which is highly unlikely since DY is faster than XF.
    *tries to imagine 6MSJ as this huge Freddy Krueger effect*

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey View Post
    Well, first of all 6MSJ is a sword, not a gun, so DY does not have to fire again if he misses. The attack is still there in the air, he just needs to move it to the correct location.
    Did JY describe 6MSJ execution as a continuous sword? I thought it should be discrete like any other art, i.e. one attack, then the energy is gone, need to attack again.

A continuous invisible sword seems more magical than JY wuxia should allow.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    XZ only had control of a small percent of his internal when he fought JMZ. Further, he was using the most basic of Shaolin skills, there would thus be a very big gap on technique.

DY has no stated trouble with controlling his internal, his problem is purely 6MSJ. DY's footwork is also a lot better than XZ.
    Duan Yu doesn't even know how to control his internal energy! That's why he can't use 6MSJ. He is much worse than Xuzhu in this regard.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Did JY describe 6MSJ execution as a continuous sword? I thought it should be discrete like any other art, i.e. one attack, then the energy is gone, need to attack again.

A continuous invisible sword seems more magical than JY wuxia should allow.
    Never interpreted it as continuous (although JY never did state specifically otherwise). But I don't interpret it as a discrete single pulse like a laser either. e.g. Some of the attacks were described as sweeping in from an angle (like a sabre chop). You can't use a pulse for that, so it may be possible to maintain it for a brief second or so.
    Its BIxie Jianfa Gawdammit you guys!!!!

cant really compare when KF didnt even improved much since his only arts were dragon palms, yang manual and dog beating stick...

then u compared him to duan yu and HJ, all are beneficiary of inheriting alot of masters at the peak of their arts/age....