Page 70 of 123 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 2460

Thread: Qing Shi Huang Fei 《倾世皇妃》 - Ruby Lin, Yan Kuan, Wallace Huo

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007 View Post
    Is that the ratings or just # people streaming online? Does it mean they are doing really good as far as competition?
    This represents the number of people streaming online.

I've only watched up to episode 8, but so far, I'm just not feeling it with Yan Kuan's QiYou. And I'm not saying this because I like Wallace Huo over Yan Kuan. I am not a fan of either Wallace Huo or Yan Kuan. I prefer Wallace Chung, as some of you may know from my posts at spcnet. I just feel that Yan Kuan's performance so far as QiYou has yet to "wow" me. I just don't find myself fascinated by his QiYou. In fact, I'm getting bored and starting to skip over his scenes. This, in part, may have something to do with Yan Kuan's portrayal but it may also have to do with the script and storyline. His character is simply not as riveting and darkly charming as I had hoped. I also think that if Wallace Chung had portrayed QiYou, I might be saying the same thing, as I have been known to criticize a character in a drama irrespective of the actor portraying the role. (I hated Wallace Chung's Murong Feng in Too Late To Say I Love You, even though I love Wallace Chung and his portrayal of Murong Feng.) Perhaps what charby says is true; we simply have to wait and hope for the storyline to reveal more aspects of QiYou's character. But so far, QiYou and the storyline are putting me to sleep.

On Wallace Huo's Lian Cheng, I'm just as critical. I think Wallace Huo is very handsome and a good actor. However, his character Lian Cheng is too romantic, if there could be such a thing. So far, in the episodes he has appeared in, all Lian Cheng cares about is his love life. He is a sappy, lovesick puppy with no other ambitions. Ok, so he may not like palace life and yearn to be free as a commoner. That's fine. However, if Lian Cheng were a strong character, he would not mope around and brood about what cannot be changed. He would recognize that as much as he despises ruling a country, he nonetheless has a responsibility toward his people as a crown prince and future ruler. Yet, he only obsesses about Fu Ya.

I apologize if I sound too critical of the story so far. My critique is not really aimed completely at the actors themselves, even though actor portrayal does contribute a bit to my overall enjoyment (or dissatisfaction) of a drama. I think Yan Kuan and Wallace Huo are very hot and handsome men and relatively good actors. It's just the storyline and characterization are sort of...lacking... This is all just my opinion, based on only 8 episodes. I hope the plot will pick up as the story progresses...

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    I think I read somewhere that it's 35 episodes

I read in this forum before, but youku.com page said it will be 42 episodes

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6f39020atw1dltn8yk517j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/68eff14dgw1dlt0x0up7ij.jpg')

Hunan Satellite TV [TV] this week, "dumping the World Princess" ratings 1.9, 9.03% share, mango TV viewing ranked day, week first! Youku ranked first break 10 million hits! [Fireworks] pps video ranked first! Breaking the million hits! [Fireworks] Thank you support # # dumping Princess fans of the world, there are actors who pay! @ Princess global fans will tilt the world @ @ Ruby Princess TV dumping the World Wide @ Yan Hong Xiao Ling Ling @ @ He @ Wang Yu Ying Media Group
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/8903fe15tw1dlu99wtn1vj.jpg')
    http://weibo.com/2298740245/xrtsKBLfz

Princess # # dumping the last three days viewing the world a new high! The highest single-day audience of 1.9 share of broken 9! All the first three days rankings! So raging whirlwind world dumping, dumping the family so the mighty world! Really want to thank you for your support, we work together to continue tilting effect of dumping the world! [Fireworks] [fireworks] He Ying Media Group @ @ @ Ruby Ruby Mango send He Xiaoting @ @ Xi century film and television studio
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6f39020agw1dlu9gz0q39j.jpg')
    http://weibo.com/1866007050/xrtvEaW6y

Quote Originally Posted by swtaznlaydee View Post
    Hunan Satellite TV [TV] this week, "dumping the World Princess" ratings 1.9, 9.03% share, mango TV viewing ranked day, week first! Youku ranked first break 10 million hits! [Fireworks] pps video ranked first! Breaking the million hits! [Fireworks] Thank you support # # dumping Princess fans of the world, there are actors who pay! @ Princess global fans will tilt the world @ @ Ruby Princess TV dumping the World Wide @ Yan Hong Xiao Ling Ling @ @ He @ Wang Yu Ying Media Group
    http://weibo.com/2298740245/xrtsKBLfz

Good news!!! In first 2day's(1~4 episodes) rating was 1.72. It was also ranked first among other TV series. Now, it grows more! Happy for QSHF! They have less than 8 days for promotions - only press conference, no other public events. On the other hands other Mango's drama such as BBJX, NHZGG (and others) did lots of promotion events. Hope more good result coming soon.! Thx swtaznlaydee
    月は
    一つしかないと
    思っていたが
    山の端でなく
    池の底にも月が出た。

dumping the World Princess? new english title?

Quote Originally Posted by amen73 View Post
    dumping the World Princess? new english title?
    Sorry. I used google translate.

Sorry. I used google translate.
    Mango TV called it as 'Introduction of the Princess'? They used this at opening.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/3046/6aa9dc1f3a292df51223e55.th.jpg')

Dumping the World Princess sounds funny... good google.

The official name should be Glamorous Imperial Concubine (not sure with an "s" or not).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6a34fe3etw1dlu5lvqhjtj.jpg')
    so cute. you can see clearly who's who.

Is that Ruby? Wow... she looked like a doll! So cuteee!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6f39020ajw1dlubqy0rkrj.jpg')

How many epics have been broadcasted?

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Before this, I think Yan Kuan acting was rather bland. He improved a lot in this series, how he fleetingly show his true emotions (angst, struggle, pity) in his eyes, while maintaining that cold facade.
    Well, I'm just OK with Yan Kuan in this series so far and yeah, he has shown improvement. But to be frank, his looks impress me more in still photos rather than in action on TV. IDK why, it's this X-factor called screen presence? I can't help but prefer either Wallaces (Huo or Chung) to be QiYou, but obviously it was impossible as Ruby had to have a Mainlander.

Wow, QSHF first week ratings are higher than NHZGG and Gong? Congrats Ruby!! It's the one-week National Holiday in Mainland China now, so more people (especially students) can stay up late to watch TV.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 10-06-11 at 03:50 AM.

Anyone see the promo trailer for ep 14? Looks like the story takes a rapid twist in pace and direction. Not happy with the "Flying Fox of the Snowy Mountain" moment! Not happy!

Interested to see how its turns out! looks weird and awkward to have a scene like that inserted all of a sudden.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/49da23d3gw1dlug46y9czj.jpg')
    I'm confused as to why Ruby's male lead had to be from the mainland when Beauty's Scheme had Sammul who was from HK.

Ia with Yan Kuan. He is good looking and does show improvement, but he lacks onscreen presence to be a lead actor. Both lead and supporting actors can have good acting skills. What separates a lead actor and a supporting actor is the X-factor though. Now I know why Yan Kuan usually plays cameos/supporting roles.

I'm confused as to why Ruby's male lead had to be from the mainland when Beauty's Scheme had Sammul who was from HK.
    Some new SARFT rule in Mainland China that came into effect last year.

SARFT = State Administration of Radio, Film, and Television in Mainland China