Thread: Random Thoughts II

RIP David Bowie

Just finish meeting 3 ex-classmates of mine. Have not seen one another for more than 10 years. One thing for sure: we have all aged.

R.I.P Alan Rickman (Professor Snape).
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    R.I.P Alan Rickman (Professor Snape).
    Hi kidd, long time no see you in forum.
    At least I know who is "Professor Snape" in Harry Potter.

He was also Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    He was also Hans Gruber in Die Hard.
    My generation knew him better as Hans.

Not going to save you from your own stupidity (though I have never believed and will continue to not believe you're really as stupid as you try to sound)...it would probably cost me a few brain cells of my own. If you choose to wander into the woods, then I leave you to the wolves.

Gosh, some people do not know how to drive... I almost got into a car accident because of her stupidity.
    Sim neej aws...

Quote Originally Posted by skoo78 View Post
    Gosh, some people do not know how to drive... I almost got into a car accident because of her stupidity.
    It's good that you avoided it. People drive recklessly these days. Better to drive a big SUV than a small car. Not to show off but for safety reason. If not for safety reason, I would stick to a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    It's good that you avoided it. People drive recklessly these days. Better to drive a big SUV than a small car. Not to show off but for safety reason. If not for safety reason, I would stick to a Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra.
    SUV eats a lot of gas comparing my Toyota Corolla. the lady that I almost hit was driving an SUV too.
    Sim neej aws...

I think that's everywhere, I'm glad your okay. I can't stand when ppl double park especially when spaces are very limited....

SUV eats a lot of gas comparing my Toyota Corolla. the lady that I almost hit was driving an SUV too.
    I know. My current Lexus RX350 eating more than double the gas compare to my Honda Civic and also cost more to maintain. Again, it's purely for safety reason, not to show off to anyone. If people are driving recklessly and you can afford it then I would say it's better to get an SUV. My Honda Civic was totaled when people hit me from behind. It wasn't in the highway. I could be dead if the accident occurred on the highway. If not for safety reason, I would stick to small car like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra.

Quote Originally Posted by Nan Ling View Post
    I think that's everywhere, I'm glad your okay. I can't stand when ppl double park especially when spaces are very limited....
    DOUBLE PARKING is the worse! I get annoyed by these people. It only takes a second to adjust and park correctly. SMH...

I know. My current Lexus RX350 eating more than double the gas compare to my Honda Civic and also cost more to maintain. Again, it's purely for safety reason, not to show off to anyone. If people are driving recklessly and you can afford it then I would say it's better to get an SUV. My Honda Civic was totaled when people hit me from behind. It wasn't in the highway. I could be dead if the accident occurred on the highway. If not for safety reason, I would stick to small car like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra.
    I use to have a Honda Civic too and crashed it! It was scary because I lost control of the steering wheel and couldn't brake. I'm glad I survived.
    Sim neej aws...

DOUBLE PARKING is the worse! I get annoyed by these people. It only takes a second to adjust and park correctly. SMH...
    Yeah, it's annoying especially in the busy shopping centre.

I use to have a Honda Civic too and crashed it! It was scary because I lost control of the steering wheel and couldn't brake. I'm glad I survived.
    Those cars are good economically but they are not safe. They are very vulnerable when it comes to accident. Perhaps you should consider buy an SUV when you want to change the car. If I live in small town and only drive my car locally, then I would get a small car like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla or Nissan Sentra as I rather spend my money on other things than car. In big cities where people drive recklessly, it's better to get a safer car like SUV. It's better safe than sorry.

Winning a lottery is pretty much everyone's wish because they, including me, believe by winning a lottery would lead to an ever happy life. However, according to nydailynews.com "Nearly 70% of lottery winners end up broke within seven years. Even worse, several winners have died tragically or witnessed those close to them suffer."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2492941

Winning a lottery is pretty much everyone's wish because they, including me, believe by winning a lottery would lead to an ever happy life. However, according to nydailynews.com "Nearly 70% of lottery winners end up broke within seven years. Even worse, several winners have died tragically or witnessed those close to them suffer."
    http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2492941
    Dying rich is ok.

An SUV is safe I guess but could consume a lot of gas especially if you drive far for work.

I read about how winning the lottery ruins ppl life. One person got scam for all their money. Another person ended up committing suicide . Its not a good idea for the media to put a photo of the winner.

An SUV is safe I guess but could consume a lot of gas especially if you drive far for work.
    Well, safety is very important. If you can afford it, I would say go for it. You know the possible consequences of car accident. Better safe than sorry.

I read about how winning the lottery ruins ppl life. One person got scam for all their money. Another person ended up committing suicide . Its not a good idea for the media to put a photo of the winner.
    I think they are lack of self control and I guess most people are like that.

some people are very vicious and mean.

some people are very vicious and mean.
    Something happened? Or just a general comment?