Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    BBJX Audio book
    Part 5:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzpbkl

I zipped this one and selected best quality...not sure if it makes a difference.
    Do note that these audiobooks are not official products as there isn't one, hence the quality might not be perfect. Enjoy!
    Thanks! Have no idea why part 2 and 3 aren't as clear but appreciated nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by brightlight View Post
    I forgot the most obvious reason why Hunan TV must air HZGG in that time slot. TVB and CTV are both airing HZGG around the 20th. If BBJX airs later, it won't lose ratings. But if HZGG airs later, everyone will watch the illegal copies recorded from TVB and CTV...
    Makes a whole lot of sense Thanks!

Not sure if these pictures been posted
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i54.tinypic.com/2zf1lw7.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/acehsn.jpg')

wow 100+ pages when the drama not even broadcast yet? wow what have u guys been talking in this thread lol

btw, who's the main male lead in this drama?
    Aaron Yan Mike He
    Yamapi Kim HyunJoong Lee Joon Lee HongKi

Quote Originally Posted by nancie View Post
    wow 100+ pages when the drama not even broadcast yet? wow what have u guys been talking in this thread lol

btw, who's the main male lead in this drama?
    The leads are Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi and Kevin Cheng who will be involved in a key love triangle that will trigger off the famous Jiu Long Duo Ji (9 Princes Battle For The Throne) saga during the rule of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty.

RuoXi

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/e9z0w6.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i55.tinypic.com/21n323a.jpg')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 07-03-11 at 12:47 PM.

Translating poetry sure is hard!!
    I think luv_shi shi is going to sub this video when she has time.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

I took so much effort to complete reading Bu Bu Jing Xin the novel (my formal Chinese education only stopped at junior school) and now I hear the airing date has been postponed to October! I can't imagine what the long wait will do to me! Nicky and Shi Shi were so absolutely amazing in the extended trailer! I have never felt so much for an onscreen couple before, and that's only from a trailer. Imagine what 35 episodes will do to me! Nicky totally emanates the regal charm and charisma of 4th Prince/Yongzheng from the core and I'm so glad the author herself shares my opinion. I haven't seen 13th Prince actor in any series before but I think he's the best-looking prince after Nicky and has a solid regal presence about him. 14th Prince is looking sharp too and wow, he's really tall! His tall and wide physique is very appropriate for the role of a great general. I don't really like 8th Prince, unfortunately. The actor has no presence. 9th Prince appeared too little in the extended trailer for me to have an opinion on him, but in the first trailer, I was pretty impressed.
    Last edited by iheartnickywu; 07-03-11 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangoberrie View Post
    BBJX Audio book
    Part 5:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/tzpbkl

I zipped this one and selected best quality...not sure if it makes a difference.
    Do note that these audiobooks are not official products as there isn't one, hence the quality might not be perfect. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the audio files a bazillion times!! I can't wait to listen to them on my plane ride. I quickly went through the 5th file and the quality returned. It's only the 2nd and 3rd zipped folders which were poor quality for me.

Btw, I know it's rather off topic, but do you have any other Chinese audio books of popular Mandarin novels? I'm normally so far out of touch with the popular culture in Mainland China but would love to become more acclimated with the scene. I'm so glad I stumbled across BBJX as it reignited my interest!

This is kind of ot, but I noticed that several posters talked about reading BBJX as their rentrance into Chinese novels. BBJX was my first timetravelling novel as well, and the reason why I spent way too much time reading timetravelling and internet novels in general.

Anyways, if you liked BBJX, the author has several other really good books out. My favorite is 云中歌 Song in the cloud, a story about a desert girl raised by the wolves who visits the capital to find her childhood friend aka the emperor, but accidentally mistakens someone else for him. I kind of wish Tangren had done that instead because it's set in the Han which means prettier clothes and no baldness.
    There's also 曾许诺, which is prehistoric. Liu Shishi, Karen, and Hu Ge have all mentioned the book in their weibos (possible adaptation?). It's also a good read, but harder to get into because of all the complicated prehistoric vocab.

P.S. So HZGG promotions just begun on Hunan TV, and the Hunan TV trailers are amazing despite the fact the actual trailers are lackluster. ... Which is to say, I can't imagine how exciting Hunan TV is going to make BBJX look considering how BBJX actually had good trailers. And Liu Shishi on Happy Camp! *squeals* If only CP3 could've aired on Hunan TV, then Hu Ge, Yuan Hong, Liu Shishi, Yang Mi and Tang Yan could've been on together. I would've died of happiness.
    ╰☆ ╰☆ ╰☆ Cfensi ☆╮☆╮☆╮ , a Chinese entertainment blog and forum

This is kind of ot, but I noticed that several posters talked about reading BBJX as their rentrance into Chinese novels. BBJX was my first timetravelling novel as well, and the reason why I spent way too much time reading timetravelling and internet novels in general.

Anyways, if you liked BBJX, the author has several other really good books out. My favorite is 云中歌 Song in the cloud, a story about a desert girl raised by the wolves who visits the capital to find her childhood friend aka the emperor, but accidentally mistakens someone else for him. I kind of wish Tangren had done that instead because it's set in the Han which means prettier clothes and no baldness.
    There's also 曾许诺, which is prehistoric. Liu Shishi, Karen, and Hu Ge have all mentioned the book in their weibos (possible adaptation?). It's also a good read, but harder to get into because of all the complicated prehistoric vocab.

P.S. So HZGG promotions just begun on Hunan TV, and the Hunan TV trailers are amazing despite the fact the actual trailers are lackluster. ... Which is to say, I can't imagine how exciting Hunan TV is going to make BBJX look considering how BBJX actually had good trailers. And Liu Shishi on Happy Camp! *squeals* If only CP3 could've aired on Hunan TV, then Hu Ge, Yuan Hong, Liu Shishi, Yang Mi and Tang Yan could've been on together. I would've died of happiness.
    I heard that Yu Zheng is going to produce 云中歌, which is a disaster in the making imo. I don't know what Tong Hua is thinking, collaborating with Yu Zheng. The guy who turned a marvelous book like Schemes of a Beauty into a joke of a drama. Ok, so SOAB was so bad, just boring, but it's completely different from the book. The main character was supposed to be an anti-heroine who would do anything to protect herself including murder, seduction, and betrayal. That was the most attractive part about it. How the character is so flawed but you can't help but wanting her to succeed anyway. I cringed thinking of what he's going to do to 云中歌.

Sorry for my off topic rant. To be more on topic, I am excited for LSS to be on Happy Camp too! Hopefully with Nicky and YH, maybe even MTY
    Bu Bu Jing Xin English Fantranslation: http://bubujingxinenglish.blogspot.com/

Actually, Song in the Clouds has been purchased by none other than Yu Zheng, with Yang Mi set to play the main character Yun Ge. I detest Yu MaMa and think it's unfortunate he got the rights, but there's a chance the costumes will be decent based on Mei Ren Xin Ji, and I know a lot of people would look forward to YM in it: it's the type of role that's close to her persona from the ROCH Guo Xiang days. BTW, I think the girl raised by wolves was Yun Ge's mom, whose story was told in the prequel 大漠謠 (Desert Ballad)?

IMO the story of Song in the Clouds is actually a more natural fit for television than Bu Bu, which has a lot of interior monologues rather than overt action. The former has lots of pretty people and love triangles and fight scenes and palace intrigue/regime change sprawled over three volumes. It's set during the reigns of Han emperors Zhao Di and Xuan Di, but it's really a romance rather than a historic novel. It's more "fun" to read than Bu Bu, but I didn't really care for it after tearing through the 3 volumes--a lot of people have problems with Ruoxi, but I found her a lot more mature and relatable than Yun Ge, to be honest.

Edit: cutzie, you beat me to it.
    Last edited by ailinon; 07-04-11 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmerDreamz View Post
    Btw, I know it's rather off topic, but do you have any other Chinese audio books of popular Mandarin novels? I'm normally so far out of touch with the popular culture in Mainland China but would love to become more acclimated with the scene. I'm so glad I stumbled across BBJX as it reignited my interest!
    The first book I read that got me back into reading Chinese books was Meng Hui Da Qing 梦回大清 (Dream back to DaQing) by 金子 (Jin Zi). Most people who have read BBJX know this story as well. It was one of the first and most popular novels written in the time travelling genre. It's the same story of 9 princes fighting for the throne. It is a really easy read, but plot is not as good as BBJX as it focusses more on the love story between the protagonist with the 4th and 13th prince. The MP3 for this is about 1.7GB for the first out of the two parts, so pretty huge. The second part of recording has not yet been done. If you have emule, you can download this from verycd.com

The other one I really liked reading is what Ruby is currently starring in 倾世皇妃 (Qing Shi Huang Fei). I also have the audio book for this somewhere. A really good read if you are into the ancient period.

As for modern, I'm not a hugh fan, so I tend to read and not remember....

As for BBJX - anyone know if there is any chance they will release the new version of the theme song before broadcast? Perhaps there will be a new MV *Wishful thinking*

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing somewhere that they were also discussing Da Mo Yao (大漠谣) and Hu Ge saying he would rather play Meng 9 than Huo Qubing because then he'll get to sit in a wheelchair all day

Quote Originally Posted by Ren Ying Ying View Post
    Now that you mention it, I remember seeing somewhere that they were also discussing Da Mo Yao (大漠谣) and Hu Ge saying he would rather play Meng 9 than Huo Qubing because then he'll get to sit in a wheelchair all day
    ROFL, Hu Ge is too funny. Yeah I guess that's a lot less work than playing Huo Qubing, with all the fighting scenes. I would LOVE to see Da Mo Yao adapted into a TV series. It's also a better fit than BBJX for TV. When I read it, I kept picturing FSF for the part of Huo Qubing. That character reminds me a lot of FSF's 8th in Palace. Please don't break out that picture of him again!!

BTW, was BBJX one of the earlier books with time travel in it? How did that genre become so popular?

BBJX playing card....

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i51.tinypic.com/2qame7k.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i53.tinypic.com/295y3oj.jpg')

Good news?

http://weibo.com/2011496721
    分享:刚得到的好消息,大家期盼的《步步惊心》在公共频道工作人员和购片部门的努力下终于签到 播出版权 [闪闪绿] ,具体播出时间暂时还未确定,会提前预告的,另外《带刀女捕快》也签到播出版权 [闪闪紫] 。《活佛济公II》之后将播出最近大家经常询问的《又见白娘子》!

Well, it doesn't say exactly when BBJX will air, but says it might be airing sooner than expected. Anyway, I've learned not to get expectations/hopes up too fast too soon. It will air when it airs. Meanwhile, I'll be watching Hu Ge's Modern New People airing tonite.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 07-05-11 at 03:01 AM.

Why is it that my eagerness for BBJX is completely gone??

@xiaolongNow you talk about expectations/hopes, I will be disappointed if MNP airing tonight is a false alarm...but the weibo comments are from the station itself, so it shouldn't be. AAHHH!!! WHY AM I SO PARANOID!! maybe because too many times, I've been disappointed since the airing date always changes for the dramas I watch [too many to count]. BTW, did you just say in HG thread that you were going to upload this on to Youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    BTW, did you just say in HG thread that you were going to upload this on to Youtube?
    I'll try...if I see the episodes available on tudou, letv or youku. Ooohh, I'm now so into uploading my favourite series on YouTube after I got sooooooo many new subscribers to my channel after uploading Ghetto Justice. Hee hee!