Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by ByTmE View Post
    Is someone going to write an in-depth review of this series? I think it's worthy of one. I'd be extremely interested in reading one. I was thinking of tackling a review for this series, but my schedule does not permit it. Oh, and there is also the fact that there are many people on this board who are much more invested in the series and novel! hahaha
    {First post ever?!}
    I'd look forward to reading an in-depth review as well, but I came across this...
    http://sparkskey.livejournal.com/58950.html
    It's an essay (written by a netizen going by the nickname 雪湖暗香瑞鹤仙 but translated into English by sparksey@LJ) on 4 Ye. It's a little lengthy (it's divided into parts in that journal), but I feel is a descriptive look into his character.

I think ByTme meant that we should write a review for spcnet. I will do one over the next few days. Hope you all could write your reviews too!
    I ship Shi-Harem

Wondering if any kind souls can help me out, but does anyone know what the (Mongolian) song sung by Min Min Ge Ge is titled?

It's the episode where Min Min Ge Ge first meets 13.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    I think ByTme meant that we should write a review for spcnet. I will do one over the next few days. Hope you all could write your reviews too!
    Yes, that's what I meant. However, thinks for the links peepo. I will get to reading them!
    I like me.

you mean the one that she dance for 13th princes???
    if it is, it call Snowflakes and Red Plum Blossoms

Lyrics (Chinese with Pinyin):
    天已黑了
    tian yi hei le
    太阳在休息
    tai yang zai xiu xi
    遥远的夜空 看见闪亮的星
    yao yuan de ye kong kan jian shan liang de xing
    幻想着你我的天空 自由自在的飞翔
    huan xiang zhe ni wo de tian kong zi you zi zai de fei xiang
    陪我歌唱 坐在弯弯的月亮
    pei wo ge chang zuo zai wan wan de yue liang
    秋天过了
    qiu tian guo le
    寒冬快来了
    han dong kuai lai le
    看见梅花枝叶
    kan jian mei hua zhi ye
    散落在眼前
    san luo zai yan qian
    星光闪耀的夜 却触不到你的脸
    xing guang shan yao de ye que chu bu dao ni de lian
    独自眷恋
    du zi juan lian
    回忆再不能停息
    hui yi zai bu neng ting xi
    雪花红梅飘 在空中
    xue hua hong mei piao zai kong zhong
    你的关怀 总让我感到心动
    ni de guan huai zong rang wo gan dao xin dong
    想起你的温柔 心情像花一样红
    xiang qi ni de wen rou xin qing xiang hua yi yang hong
    其实我也害怕寒雪的刺痛
    qi shi wo ye hai pa han xue de ci tong
    雪花红梅飘 夜冰冻
    xue hua hong mei piao ye bing dong
    烛光点燃 让我幻想着美梦
    zhu guang dian ran rang wo huan xiang zhe mei meng
    北风吹呀吹 慢慢流下了眼泪
    bei feng chui ya chui man man liu xia le yan lei
    只能思念 让爱随着风飘荡
    zhi neng si nian rang ai sui zhe feng piao dang
    不再回
    bu zai hui
    **Repeat from "秋天过了/qiu tian guo le" all the way to the end ("不再回/bu zai hui").
    Last edited by myenson1; 01-30-12 at 01:29 AM.

A beautiful recap of the book for Episode 16

Book Note
    ==========
    Question : Why did it take 4th so long to react to Ruo Xi’s returned gift?

The answer is in a conversation between 13th and Ruo Xi.

13th told Ruo Xi that at first, 4th had accepted her rejection when she returned his gifts. 4th shrugged it off saying that since Ruo Xi had even dragged in her parents and had written that she only wanted to serve them, if 4th continued to pursue her, he was sure Ruo Xi would say something else along the lines of she would rather die than marry him.

13th says that although 4th wanted Ruo Xi, 4th did not really need to have her. 4th had tossed the hairpin and necklace aside and forgotten about them.

13th added that he wanted both of them to get together. One was the most important person in his life and the other was his much admired bosom buddy but when Ruo Xi had indicated her reluctance, he had not forced the matter.

However all of this changed after the Northern Inspection where Ruo Xi organized the dance.

During that trip, 4th changed his mind about her because of her loyalty, her code of ‘brotherhood’ when she went all out to save 14th and the way she showcased Min Min without any thought of gaining anything for herself (which was atypical of the women of that time).

All the princes were aware that Ruo Xi designed the set and the costumes, arranged the music as well as cheoreographed the dance. All just so that she could let Min Min shine as a star. 13th tells Ruo Xi that even now, he himself wishes he could watched Ruo Xi dance once as it would be extraordinary.

After their return, 4th searched for the necklace and hairpin. 13th knows 4th wanted Ruo Xi again but was startled to discover that 4th’s regard for Ruo Xi went deeper than the simple feelings for a woman. The decisive and stoic 4th carried the gifts with him wherever he went and was wavering about giving them to Ruo Xi. It seemed he was apprehensive and uncertain.

This is not made clear in the drama and I thought it was an insight into the depth of 4th’s feelings for Ruo Xi.

All of this you can find at http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/
    Under Bu Bu Jing Xin section

Thanks Myenson, what a beautiful recap! But I don't think Ice Mountain meant the beautiful 'Snowflakes and Red Plum Blossoms' when she was talking about the Mongolian song? Cos Snowflake was sung in Mandarin. I think she meant either the song when 13 and Minmin were riding horses and played that funny 'basketball-like' game, or when MinMin was dancing for Kangxi et al for the first time (and she recognised 13 as the guy who stole her white furry thing).

Quote Originally Posted by myenson1 View Post
    this is a song sang by Nicky wu.... though you all would like it
    Thanks a lot Myenson. Zhu Ding (Meant To Be). How bitter sweet...

[Visit the Set, theatre adaption of BBJX] Princes' dubbers come to the fore from backstage.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/9554ba60gw1dplludnzh1j.jpg')
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Thanks for posting the dubbers's news. I was thinking the other day about Si Ye's dubber, and LSS'. Good that some of them are in the lime light too now; they helped better BBJX for us!

A virgin newbie reporting from Singapore !!! LOL !!! I am totally new to all these - drama addiction, idolism, fanatic over the actors, etc ...

I saw the tv trailers and was love-at-1st-sight with it. The show started airing in SG on 16 Jan, Mon-Fri, 7pm.

I laughed myself silly at RX’s antics. I told myself not to "cheat". But I just cannot wait. So I used the CNY for BBJX marathon until 3-4 am.

From then onwards, I am totally hooked onto the show. So much so, I will watch the episode on tv (w/eng sub), then the same episode online, then the episodes before & after. If I remember correctly, I am on my 4th run of the show. LOL !!! So here I am browsing this thread every day on titbits of the show & its cast.

4th/8th bromance: they definitely have a thing for each other. Cos in every other scene, 8th is always giving 4th the sideway glance. Kekekek!!!

13th "seeing you naked" look: I didn't notice it until you girls mention it. LOL!!!!

4th/13th bromance: 4th is always so gentle and "feminine" tw 13th. Esp the scene of 4th telling 13th not to kpo ard the palace on what was said between Kangxi & Crown Prince.

8th/14th: from the show, I can sense their closeness. But after seeing both of them on one of the shows (making eyes then 14th adjust for 8th to lean on his legs), I am floored by their closeness. Then I also agreed that w/o 8th, 14th appeared shy/out-of-place in the variety shows.

As for which ship (still dun understand what this means :P) I am on with RX, it is so hard to decide. Like RX, we know the outcomes of 4th & 8th. But I am leaning more to 4th/RX cos 4th is more honest and he really puts his heart & soul to RX. Like what RX said maybe she didn't love 8th enuf to stick by him.

Altho both 4th & 8th always paint a pretty picture for RX, I find 4th's confession more to my liking.

14th ... I am still trying to figure out where does his love start for RX ... the Mongolian-disguise? after witnessing RX & 13th relationship? after the rain-kneeling? after the war? But I am glad that he is the one to send RX off.

Last but not least ... I am completely head over heels with 4th, 8th & 14th (in no particular order) ... been swooning over their pics in this thread. I'm sorry to say that I dun quite like 13th. I find him a tad too cheeky, even in his photoshoot pics. Maybe it's due to the rumour that he will flirt w/anybody in a skirt. Yet I find his behaviour with LSS in the variety shows very endearing.

Ok, that's it for now while I return to Pg 247 of this discussion.

Oh ... did I mention that I wanna buy the Chinese novel even tho I got crossed-eye just by looking at the Chinese characters. Kekeke!! I'm also looking for the DVD set. Hope it's the uncut version & hv Eng sub. Cos the show here have cut a few snippets here & there. Meanwhile I am re-watching the shows from viki & youtube.

Oh. Oh!! Before I forget … Thanks to all the ladies for sharing anything & everything abt the show & its casts.

Hello there! I'm new too. xD But BBJX was my first Chinese drama that I watched from the very beginning to the very end. Like you, I stayed up watching until 3-4AM---Good thing I was on break!! I finished in about three days because I couldn't wait any longer to find out what happened ><;

My favorite relationship is probably 8 and 14's, Kevin and Kenny get along so well. :>
    As for "ship," it's basically short for "relationship," and if you ship a pair, it means you like that couple. xD I jumped ship from 8 to 4, but I was expecting it to happen. I think both relationships that RX had were very meaningful, though I like her with 4th more. 8 I feel kind of only started liking her because he was sick of being rejected by Ruo Lan. xDDDD But 8 and RX were cute together while it lasted.

As for when 14 realized that he liked RX...my guess is right around the Mongolian disguise he realized that he valued her sense of loyalty to her friends. He gradually he came to like her, though he wasn't aware of it at all. He did know, though, that while RX was 8th's girl, it was in his best interest not to go there. So he kept it to himself for a long time. Being able to be with RX (and also not be with her at the same time) at the very end made me cry. Poor kid :'(

Liu Shi Shi (RX) and Yuan Hong (13) have acted together many times before, so they get along well--I like watching them in variety shows. )

My favorites are 4 8 and 14 as well, even though that doesn't leave many to choose from. hahah!!

Again, welcome to the forum--hopefully we'll be able to survive the wait for BBJX2 D!!

Quote Originally Posted by 19ZQ76 View Post
    A virgin newbie reporting from Singapore !!! LOL !!! I am totally new to all these - drama addiction, idolism, fanatic over the actors, etc ...

I saw the tv trailers and was love-at-1st-sight with it. The show started airing in SG on 16 Jan, Mon-Fri, 7pm.

I laughed myself silly at RX’s antics. I told myself not to "cheat". But I just cannot wait. So I used the CNY for BBJX marathon until 3-4 am.

From then onwards, I am totally hooked onto the show. So much so, I will watch the episode on tv (w/eng sub), then the same episode online, then the episodes before & after. If I remember correctly, I am on my 4th run of the show. LOL !!! So here I am browsing this thread every day on titbits of the show & its cast.
    So Singapore airs it with ENGLISH sub??? Will it mean that my dream of having an official DVD with Eng sub will come true at last??

Ohhh... cannot wait!

And welcome to the club, you two Singaporean Ladies!

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    So Singapore airs it with ENGLISH sub??? Will it mean that my dream of having an official DVD with Eng sub will come true at last??

Ohhh... cannot wait!

And welcome to the club, you two Singaporean Ladies!
    I believe all foreign series in Singapore are either dubbed OR comes with English subtitles, usually very good english subtitles. I am afraid I doubt the official DVD will ever come with Eng sub. However there is a 9 DVD released with English subtitles and that is region free. Not sure of the standard but I am sure it is passable. You might want to consider that.

http://www.zoommovie.com/china-drama...rsion/dvd-6597

It is region free I believe.

Interestingly until now never heard of a single review of the standard of that DVD version.

Here's the video clip of LSS tickling Nicky on Happy Camp, LOL.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Here's the video clip of LSS tickling Nicky on Happy Camp, LOL.
    My eyes keep wandering over to Kevin and LGX. Kevin is practically laying on LGX! So adorable!

Xiao Long, the video is so cute! Thanks a lot! So funny too that Yuan Hong and Shi Shi actually talked about her tickling Nicky beforehand!
    Quote Originally Posted by elarin View Post
    I believe all foreign series in Singapore are either dubbed OR comes with English subtitles, usually very good english subtitles. I am afraid I doubt the official DVD will ever come with Eng sub. However there is a 9 DVD released with English subtitles and that is region free. Not sure of the standard but I am sure it is passable. You might want to consider that. http://www.zoommovie.com/china-drama...rsion/dvd-6597 It is region free I believe. Interestingly until now never heard of a single review of the standard of that DVD version.
    Thanks for the link, Elarin. I'm seriously considering to buy this version, tho it might be pirated. So cheap for the original version...

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Thanks for the link, Elarin. I'm seriously considering to buy this version, tho it might be pirated. So cheap for the original version...
    Just FYI, the subtitles for this DVD is ripped off of ours (Faerie's) subtitles for the first four episodes and the rest are really terrible in terms of spelling/grammars (cannot be considered "good" as it's rated).
    Faeries Fansubbing Team: http://dramafairyland.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by YangXiao View Post
    Just FYI, the subtitles for this DVD is ripped off of ours (Faerie's) subtitles for the first four episodes and the rest are really terrible in terms of spelling/grammars (cannot be considered "good" as it's rated).
    Oh! You're from Faerie's? I sent in a English Editor/QC app a short while ago but never got a reply. Either way is fine with me, I just thought I'd offer help if you guys wanted some. Thanks for all your hard work thus far! I heard about them ripping off of you guys for the subs. :/ Depressing.