Thread: Bu Bu Jing Xin 《步步惊心》 - Nicky Wu, Liu Shi Shi, Kevin Cheng, Yuan Hong

Quote Originally Posted by Icha Parvati View Post
    Oh.... Kevin's English is so lovely for my ears. And he is so gorgeous with the suit...sigh...
    LOL...he was born in San Francisco, CA. Moved to Hong Kong when he was young, went to an English speaking High School in Hong Kong, finished his high school in Canada, then went to CSULA for college but never got his degree because he moved back to Hong Kong....so yeah, his English should be good

Is it just me or is Kevin getting younger?
    I think he got better looking with age, yeah but still young looking...LOL

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ac8a86fgw1du1e0cgsfog.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/690bd47bgw1du1ad9kigmj.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    ah the question was who he supports to win the shanghai magnolia awards (for best actor/actress) out of a list.. he supported LSS and Nicky wu.. the reporter asked again if between LSS and Charmaine Sheh(he had a rumour with her did he?), he gave this cute glare and said LSS again.. haha
    Gosh... Kevin is an unhealthy dose of cuteness. He really looks like a mob boss here. He should 'pair up' again with Nicky for the 20s gangster movie (Nicky's make up and clothes in Sanctuary suited the theme).

Just googled Charmaine Sheh; I knew her from just a movie I saw in the paid TV a few months ago. SHe's rather cute too...

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    LOL...he was born in San Francisco, CA. Moved to Hong Kong when he was young, went to an English speaking High School in Hong Kong, finished his high school in Canada, then went to CSULA for college but never got his degree because he moved back to Hong Kong....so yeah, his English should be good

I think he got better looking with age, yeah but still young looking...LOL

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/6ac8a86fgw1du1e0cgsfog.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/690bd47bgw1du1ad9kigmj.jpg')
    I always want Nicky to go Hollywood, but his English might be a bit problematic for that (unless he goes for a non English speaking role). Kevin OTOH, will easily land an English speaking Hollywood role.

Perhaps I will just support Kevin for Hollywood, and Nicky for Paris, Milan and other European haute couture experiences.

By the way, could any kind soul translate the funny bubble conversations of LongShi please? Hehehe, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Is it just me or is Kevin getting younger? It sounds like his Mandarin got better too. LOL at the way he answers questions.
    Kevin and Nicky share the same trait here: they are getting younger as years go by. So cute...

Perhaps I will just support Kevin for Hollywood, and Nicky for Paris, Milan and other European haute couture experiences.
    Kind of irrelevant, but I just wanted to point out that haute couture only happens in Paris and I would rather not see men wearing couture dresses. >.<
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Hahaha! Okay lah. What do you call those Fashion Weeks then? The one in Paris, and then also Milan, New York, etc? I like Nicky doing the male cat walks, he's good at those, representing Dior etc.

Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to share with fans here how to get nice collectibles for Bu Bu Jing Xin, Nicky, Kevin or anyone in the series and the series itself. I just got some nice photo albums for this series and photos as well. I also got the photobook of Nicky as well as a few other things. They are sooo nice! You all can contact Tom at [email protected] He is very nice and helpful and will help you get anything that you cannot get from China. I highly recommend him to
    everyone. No problem if you can't speak Chinese since writes in English very well. Just contact him and you will see. He helped me get the special gold collection of Bu Bu Jing Xin too. Very nice DVD set with some nice collectibles.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4d2a6992tw1du2qo4dnylj.jpg')

Hahaha! Okay lah. What do you call those Fashion Weeks then? The one in Paris, and then also Milan, New York, etc? I like Nicky doing the male cat walks, he's good at those, representing Dior etc.
    Well...it's just fashion week, haha. For women, it's just (insert city) Fashion Week. I think the official names for menswear is just (insert city) Mens Fashion Week? I don't know if they're referred to as weeks because menswear doesn't take up full weeks. But then again, neither does London Fashion Week. I'm not sure because I tend to follow the main lines of brands and I'm too busy watching resort collections or waiting for couture to pay attention to menswear lines. Menswear coincides with some of the later resort collections and tends to be sandwiched awkwardly between resort and the next couture collections). I think menswear collections are showing right now because some people on Twitter mentioned it and FW12.13 couture is showing soon. Yes, Spring 2013 menswear is showing before Fall 2012 couture. I guess it's because they need to give designers and magazine editors some time in between main collections and couture collections. And then they stuff resort or pre-fall collections in the middle to keep consumers interested. Yeah, it's kind of difficult to explain.

Isn't Nicky a little short to stand next to models though? He looks fine next to LSS but male models tend to be pretty tall because they're sometimes put next to female models in shoots or runway and they need to hold up against girls that are sometimes over 6 feet tall. Personally I'd prefer for celebrities to stay off high fashion runways, especially for mens. It's really hard for the majority of female models to put food on the table and I've heard it's even worse for male models. It just doesn't seem fair to me that a celebrity or a famous/iconic model could get paid $80k for an exclusive but some models on the lower end will walk Louis Vuitton and get paid through "trade". Getting paid by trade basically means they don't pay you money, they just give you a bag or a pair of shoes that do nothing to pay the rent, especially when you have to live in expensive cities to be near fashion.
    Last edited by Dragon Heiress; 06-18-12 at 04:35 PM.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Isn't Nicky a little short to stand next to models though? He looks fine next to LSS but male models tend to be pretty tall because they're sometimes put next to female models in shoots or runway and they need to hold up against girls that are sometimes over 6 feet tall. Personally I'd prefer for celebrities to stay off high fashion runways, especially for mens.
    I guess Nicky 'sells' in the fashion world because of his boyish but mature look, and that he is so athletic. True, he isn't that tall; compared to other BBJX princes, he was the second shortest, perhaps. But I think his maturity, fresh look and athletic body 'sell' a lot among the fashion goers. He was modelling Ermenegildo Zegna recently, in addition to Dior and Lanvin during the Paris fashion week.

Taking out the factor of the key being set too low for Nicky, I actually don't think Three Inches of Heaven should be too difficult to sing, or at least not as difficult as some of his own songs. Season of Waiting was written for a first-time singer. LSS stayed on-pitch in all of her performances so I think it was kind of expected that Nicky did too.
    Was thinking about it last night and realised perhaps his injury from falling from a horse a couple of months ago still affected his singing. He had difficulties in singing with Alec Su during a Happy Camp episode last month, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/large/4d2a6992tw1du2qo4dnylj.jpg')
    Pix 4-7 are super cute! Gosh... I'm in LongShi happiness...

(I'm sure after this, there will be HongShi, ShiGe etc happiness for others... so let me enjoy this for a while, sob sob sob...)

I guess Nicky 'sells' in the fashion world because of his boyish but mature look, and that he is so athletic. True, he isn't that tall; compared to other BBJX princes, he was the second shortest, perhaps. But I think his maturity, fresh look and athletic body 'sell' a lot among the fashion goers. He was modelling Ermenegildo Zegna recently, in addition to Dior and Lanvin during the Paris fashion week.
    I think you mean the mens week, not the actual Paris Fashion Week, because very few male models walk that and they tend to be the taller ones or look like an ant next to the 6 foot tall girls, and I don't recall seeing him at the main line Dior and Lanvin shows. I think his walking shows probably has more to do with brands wanting to attract more attention from the Chinese market, since that's where all the money is right now. I highly doubt that maturity or athleticism is what it is. There are tons of athletic-looking male models out there, it doesn't get them work. And maturity is barely tolerated when it comes to modeling. The thing about modeling is that it's not their job to appeal to consumers with their amazing qualities, it's not a dating show. All they have to do is be a coat hanger and make clothing look good, usually by being the width of a broomstick and having a edgy face because designers have affinities for "weird" faces. It's a little different for men and women, but it's pretty similar. Yes, Nicky's an attractive guy to a lot of people (including me), but that's just not how modeling works unless you're Adonis or something.
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Pix 4-7 are super cute! Gosh... I'm in LongShi happiness...

(I'm sure after this, there will be HongShi, ShiGe etc happiness for others... so let me enjoy this for a while, sob sob sob...)
    dont worry icha parvati i share your pain.. i never knew how much i missed seeing the 2 of them together until i did... *sobs*. my hongshi is SLOWLY DYING.. YUAN HONG COME BACK FROM KENTING!

Gosh... Kevin is an unhealthy dose of cuteness. He really looks like a mob boss here. He should 'pair up' again with Nicky for the 20s gangster movie (Nicky's make up and clothes in Sanctuary suited the theme).

Just googled Charmaine Sheh; I knew her from just a movie I saw in the paid TV a few months ago. SHe's rather cute too...
    haha charmaine was one of tvb's most popular actresses until she quit! excellent actress~
    Anyone on twitter? Follow TangRen_TangFen ! - New Fanbase for all Tang Ren Production/Artiste Fans

Eh, what happens to Yuan Hong and 'Kenting'? I might have to watch Legend of Condor Heroes just to see YH and LSS... I've been avoiding it because I don't like remakes... But I am also curious how YH portrayed Yang Kang.

Why did Charmaine quit? I often don't believe it when an actor/actress called it quit, because... well, what else do they do? Unless they really like doing other things, like business or whatever...

Eh, what happens to Yuan Hong and 'Kenting'? I might have to watch Legend of Condor Heroes just to see YH and LSS... I've been avoiding it because I don't like remakes... But I am also curious how YH portrayed Yang Kang.

Why did Charmaine quit? I often don't believe it when an actor/actress called it quit, because... well, what else do they do? Unless they really like doing other things, like business or whatever...
    YH's off in taiwan filming with choi siwon.. and since bbjx promotions were over my hongshi contact has been.... minimal? nonexistent?

Charmaine quit to go over to the mainland market... she's doing quite a few chinese shows now..
    Anyone on twitter? Follow TangRen_TangFen ! - New Fanbase for all Tang Ren Production/Artiste Fans

... I'm watching Episode 19 of BBJX, where 4RX were the most happiest... (before 8 et al did the nasty things). Gosh, I love the show...

Dragon Heiress, here's Nicky with Ermenegildo Zegna. Love the suit colours, don't love the crinkles. He looks good in scattered pink ,tho. You're right. Nicky donned Dior, Zegna, Gaultier and Lanvin for marketing, but not doing the cat walk (or panda walk...).

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1nefgoN4d1qe9cl2o1_r1_500.png')

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    BBJX has been nominated for the Seoul International Drama Awards:
    http://www.seouldrama.org/EN/

Click on 'list more' under 'View All' category to vote for BBJX.
    not nominated. just entry registration for competition with more than 200 dramas from whole world.

Back in LongShi mode, here's a collection of LongShi photographs. Sigh...

Looks like LSS tripped on her dress again...hehe.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/954ff130gw1du3n6qbpu5g.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/9a7254e4gw1dtz5zs93awg.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/564119d7jw1dtzwil2443g.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/6b8deaa1tw1dtzvll18ozg.gif')
    Last edited by Liu Xiao Xiao; 06-21-12 at 08:56 PM.

Eh, which one? I can't see her tripping on her dress (or Nicky on her dress, for that matter, LOL!).