Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Journey to the West Past and Present

Cool Journey to the West Past and Present

Lets talk and discuss about what's good and bad about the old version and new version. What changes and what need to be change for the future remake of this ultra great series.

New Journey to the West 2011 Opening video and Song

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/8099/jttw197920111.jpg')
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 07-25-11 at 10:34 AM.

Is this what your entire life revolves around?
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceKrillo View Post
    Well No but I really like to watch Journey to the West because it's fun and...

There's also the other three, San Guo, Water Margin, and Rose Mansion Dream.

Beside that all other series that are produced in the mainland really suxk bad. So if you have any good recomendation for a mainland series than bring it.

I also like to play WoW. StarCraft and many other games lol.

Of course there's more to my life than just Journey to the West but until I can find something that will beat journey to the west, I'll keep talking about journey to the west.

Xi You Ji Meeting

Very old school version of journey to the west.

Somebody with good knowledge please explain this.

How is it that a movie made in 1966 have better graphic than the tv series made 20 years later?

Here this is a movie call Monkey Goes West made in 1966. Check out how amazing the graphic was back than. ou might have to click the link cause it's not from youtube. I found it on Veoh.

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v1535285Z5FsXtY2

Hahaha, my exact thoughts. I realized it very soon after he (or she?) randomly told people to watch Journey to the West after they said they liked Monkey Island. What. Just... what.

Spamming the board with praises of how only the Journey to the West is worthy of watching and directing all conversation toward that series gets pretty annoying, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeOpossum View Post
    Hahaha, my exact thoughts. I realized it very soon after he (or she?) randomly told people to watch Journey to the West after they said they liked Monkey Island. What. Just... what.

Spamming the board with praises of how only the Journey to the West is worthy of watching and directing all conversation toward that series gets pretty annoying, in my opinion.

If this was a sport forum than I'll talk about sport, if it's a wow forum than i'll talk about wow but since it's a TV drama series forum, I'll talk about journey to the west, the best tv series I know.

Hey if you don't like it than don't read it, don't click it, and there is like more than 1000 thread on this website, have you read them all? Why are you only focusing on this specific thread saying it's annoying?

Hmmmm is your mind like the communist?

For example if someone spam a forum about anti-communist, you probably say it's annoying too right??

You don't like it when people talk so you have to make them feel bad about it by using such harsh words like princekrillo guy there saying something like... "you have no life if you keep talking about it"?
    Last edited by IPlayWow; 07-19-11 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IPlayWow View Post
    If this was a sport forum than I'll talk about sport, if it's a wow forum than i'll talk about wow but since it's a TV drama series forum, I'll talk about journey to the west, the best tv series I know.

Hey if you don't like it than don't read it, don't click it, and there is like more than 1000 thread on this website, have you read them all? Why are you only focusing on this specific thread saying it's annoying?

Hmmmm is your mind like the communist?

For example if someone spam a forum about anti-communist, you probably say it's annoying too right??

You don't like it when people talk so you have to make them feel bad about it by using such harsh words like princekrillo guy there saying something like... "you have no life if you keep talking about it"?
    LOL WHAT. So you're suddenly saying I'm a communist because I (and others) find it incredibly annoying that you keep rambling on about Journey to the West (even in some unrelated threads) and how everything else that other people like can't compare to it?

Also, I refuse your proposition of "if you don't like it, don't read it." Because that idea is pretty much an attempt to repress people's opinions that contradict with yours. I read other threads, but I don't have to read ALL the thousands of threads on this forum to recognize that you're being annoying. I'm not criticizing other posts and am replying to yours NOT because I'm "communist." I'm doing it because you have been pretty rude to other posters and I feel the need to call you out on it.

Oh, and as an aside: Yes, I would find it incredibly annoying for people to spam a forum about anti-communism. I would also find it incredibly annoying if people were to spam a forum about pro-communism as well. Spamming in general tends to be incredibly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeOpossum View Post
    LOL WHAT. So you're suddenly saying I'm a communist because I (and others) find it incredibly annoying that you keep rambling on about Journey to the West (even in some unrelated threads) and how everything else that other people like can't compare to it?

Also, I refuse your proposition of "if you don't like it, don't read it." Because that idea is pretty much an attempt to repress people's opinions that contradict with yours. I read other threads, but I don't have to read ALL the thousands of threads on this forum to recognize that you're being annoying. I'm not criticizing other posts and am replying to yours NOT because I'm "communist." I'm doing it because you have been pretty rude to other posters and I feel the need to call you out on it.

Oh, and as an aside: Yes, I would find it incredibly annoying for people to spam a forum about anti-communism. I would also find it incredibly annoying if people were to spam a forum about pro-communism as well. Spamming in general tends to be incredibly annoying.

listen I'm not just saying as in spamming but like for example tinamien square 1989 when a bunch of people annoyed a small few of people and some got killed for it. what did they do to annoy? well they spammed the square and talked and talked. but some few people got annoyed by it. and decide to do evil. So I think you are the same as those few people.

I never really said you are a communist. read what I said....Hmmmm is your mind like the communist?

Hey I'm not gonna play into your games, I'm here to talk about television series and so if you don't have anything to say about Joruney to the west. than it's just pointless to say or ask things like what princkrillo asked ...."Is this what your entire life revolves around? "

uhhh wether my life revolves around journey to the west or not really doesn't related to the topic itself. so lets get back to my topic question.....

What changes and what need to be change for the future remake of this ultra great series.

Princekrillo you probably wanna see this!!!

Journey to the West 2011 new footage with actual voice... Monkey King vs Er Lang Yang Jian

Wu Kong talking with Taoist

The official airing date will be July 28 2011 in the mainland.

Compare ending songs

CCTV Mainland 1986 version

TVB Hong Kong 1998 version

2009 Mainland version

CCTV NEW 2011 Mainland version

Wu Kong 2011 vs Demon Bone Girl

Compare ending songs

2009 Mainland version

TWO more Days until Journey to the West 2011 air in the mainland.

Compare ending songs

2009 Mainland version

One more day well in the mainland time zone. it's 4:09 am over there

JTTW 2011 will be aired in less than 24 hours

Hey princekrillo, you should type up some suggestion for the future remake of this ultra great series regarding about how you want them to go deep into the book and show us more philosophy stuff so and and so on.

This clip here is so calm and nice

Compare ending songs

2009 Mainland version

The Zhejiang version definitely has the best ending ... both the song as well as the video is far superior to the others. In fact, that ending was something I looked forward to watching at the end of every single episode while I was watching the series. The lyrics are so deep, meaningful, and powerful ... exactly the kind of emotion that the series itself evokes.

That said, why is the ending of the '86 version so short? They couldn't possibly have credited the entire cast ...

Also, I still don't know if that's the *official" ending for the ZJZ version yet. I really hope not, because the video is incredibly tacky. Show behind-the-scenes/blue screen stuff at the END of the last episode (like the Zhejiang version), I don't want to see it at the end of EVERY damn ep. In addition, Sun Wu Kong pissing or whatever the hell that prank or joke is supposed to be is incredibly tasteless and classless. Not something to put into the damn CLOSING CREDITS.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

The Zhejiang version definitely has the best ending ... both the song as well as the video is far superior to the others. In fact, that ending was something I looked forward to watching at the end of every single episode while I was watching the series. The lyrics are so deep, meaningful, and powerful ... exactly the kind of emotion that the series itself evokes.

That said, why is the ending of the '86 version so short? They couldn't possibly have credited the entire cast ...

Also, I still don't know if that's the *official" ending for the ZJZ version yet. I really hope not, because the video is incredibly tacky. Show behind-the-scenes/blue screen stuff at the END of the last episode (like the Zhejiang version), I don't want to see it at the end of EVERY damn ep. In addition, Sun Wu Kong pissing or whatever the hell that prank or joke is supposed to be is incredibly tasteless and classless. Not something to put into the damn CLOSING CREDITS.

yes that song is the official ending song of journey to the west 2011. a friend from wow just confirmed it to me 4 hours ago.

The singer name is Dao Lang although that is the name that is translated into vietnamese so im not sure what his name in mainland language is.
    and here it is live at the opening ceremony.