Thread: 18 Dragon Subduing Palms

Default 18 Dragon Subduing Palms

Hi,
    Was wondering anyone ever knew what happen to the palm techniques after Shi Huolong from Heaven Sword had it?

Was reading around and came upon this
    http://wuxia.wikia.com/wiki/Chan_Long_Chui

Chan Long Chi, so you somehow got the last known copy of the technique? Is this person in jin yong novel or make up?

And in the wuxia.wikia it says that guo jing combined the 9 yin philosophy and soft styles he learned into his own Dragon palm technique and made 13 Dragon Palm technique which was supposed to be more efficient and powerful then the original 18. Is this True?

In other jin yong series, did anyone else used the Dragon palm technique outside of condor heroes trilogy?

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    Hi,
    Chan Long Chi, so you somehow got the last known copy of the technique? Is this person in jin yong novel or make up?
    As I know the story of the 18 Dragon palms, Dog beating stick technique, etc. continue in a Manga called Oriental Heroes (There was a HK movie about Oriental Heroes, called Tiger Dragon Gate with Donnie Yen). But the manga was written by Wong Yuk Long and not from Jin Yong.
    see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oriental_Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Mido-Ban View Post
    I've never heard of this name, so I assume it's not canonical.

And in the wuxia.wikia it says that guo jing combined the 9 yin philosophy and soft styles he learned into his own Dragon palm technique and made 13 Dragon Palm technique which was supposed to be more efficient and powerful then the original 18. Is this True?
    Not entirely. GJ did combine 9 yin and XL18Z, but I don't think it was said that he only applied it to 13 out of the 18 palms. Someone correct me if wrong.

In other jin yong series, did anyone else used the Dragon palm technique outside of condor heroes trilogy?
    After Shi Huolong, I don't think we see XL18Z used again. So the only instance of XL18Z usage outside Condor Trilogy was the story before it: Demi Gods Semi Devils.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」