Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wuxixa Actors/ Actress acted the role more than once.

Default Wuxixa Actors/ Actress acted the role more than once.

Many people know Lau Dan acted Hong Qigong both in the 80s and 90s SHe Diao.
    But there's many other actors who acted the same character more than once.

Here's some of the list i discovered.

Yeung Chak Lum
    Well known for acting 80s Ouyang feng but who also acted the same role in the 70's version.

Chun Wong
    Acted the 70s and 80s Zhou Botong.
    Acted the 80s (Tony Leung version) and 90s (Jordan Chan version) Mao ShiBa in Lu Ding Ji
    Acted the 80s and 90s Zhao BanShan

Ku Feng
    Acted the 70s movie version and 90s (Jordan Chan's version) Hai DaFu in Lu Ding Ji.
    Acted the 90s taiwan version and 2000 TVB version HSDS as Yin TianZheng.
    Acted the 70s Fu Sheng's movie version LOCH and 80s Leslie Cheung's movie version ROCH as Hong Qigong.

Ng Man Tat
    Acted the Stephen Chow's version and Dicky Cheung's version LDJ as Hai DaFu.

Elvis Tsui
    Acted the Stephen Chow's version, Dicky Cheung's version and Zhang JiZhong's version as Ao Bai.

Bryan Leung
    Acted in Ricky Ren's version and Hu Ge's version as Hong Qigong.

Tony Leung
    Acted in 80s and 90's movie version as Wei XiaoBao.

Jason Pai
    Acted the 70s LOCH, 70s ROCH and Louis Koo's 90s version as Guo Jing.

Maybe there's more.. Maybe some of you guys may spot more than me.

Miss out one more actor Shek kin

Acted Black and white version and 70s version Xie Xun.

Wong Wan Choi was Fa Mun Lau in both the 1970s and 1980s TVB LUK SIU FUNG adaptations. He was the only TVB actor who reprised his original role from the 1970s series in the 1980s series.

Chan Onn Ying reprised her role as Sha Gu from LOCH 82 and ROCH 84 in ROCH 96 (although she missed out in LOCH 94). Kent Tong (I can't remember if Felix Wong did Xu Zhu again - I think so, but can't remember for sure) reprised his role as Duan Yu in a short movie by TVB (which cast Austin Wai - or was it Normal Tsui, can't remember again) in Xiao Feng's role in place of Leung Kar Yan.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 12-16-11 at 12:55 PM.

Oh YEAH! I forgot about Chan Onn Ying. Yeah she did reprised her role as Sha Gu.

Both Kent Tong and Felix Wong did reprised their role in a short movie. Good memory Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by duguq_bai View Post
    Oh YEAH! I forgot about Chan Onn Ying. Yeah she did reprised her role as Sha Gu.

Both Kent Tong and Felix Wong did reprised their role in a short movie. Good memory Ian.
    Most of the principals from the TV series reprised their roles for the movie. Only Leung Ga Yan didn't reappear in his original role (probably busy with another project at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    Most of the principals from the TV series reprised their roles for the movie. Only Leung Ga Yan didn't reappear in his original role (probably busy with another project at the time).
    Was it Austin or Norman as Xiao Feng, though? I seem to, for some reason, have this mental image of both of them wearing Xiao Feng's clothing in my mind.

Another reprised role was Kong Ngai who player Ke Zhen Er in both sets of TVB LOCH and ROCH in the 80s and 90s as well. Chun Wong's Zhao Banshan was also reprised not just in two TVB versions of Flying Fox, but also a TVB version of Book and Sword in the 80s starring Nixon Pang.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 12-16-11 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    Was it Austin or Norman as Xiao Feng, though? I seem to, for some reason, have this mental image of both of them wearing Xiao Feng's clothing in my mind.
    I'm pretty sure it was Norman (Austin would have been *way* too young to be Kiu Fung at the time, and a bit too lithe as well). Norman didn't look "rough" enough for the role either, I think. Norman looks a bit too refined; I picture Kiu Fung to be a bit more rough, which is why Leung Ga Yan fit the role to a "T."

Another reprised role was Kong Ngai who player Ke Zhen Er in both sets of TVB LOCH and ROCH in the 80s and 90s as well.
    It was a case of "why mess with success," I guess (hey, that rhymes!). I certainly can't picture any other actor as Ohr Jen Ngok, just as I can't picture anyone other than Wong Wan Choi as Fa Mun Lau. Some actors just totally own the characters they play.

Another one - Leung Kar Yan played Yuan Shixiao in both Vincent Zhao's and Qiao Zhenyu's (the one with Adam Cheng as Qianlong) Book and Sword.

Also, a whole slew of 1970s and 1980s TVB actors reprised their classic wuxia roles for 1992's THIEF OF TIME one-shot time travel adventure/comedy movie.

Damian Lau - Luk Siu Fung
    Adam Cheng - Yip Goo Sing
    Paul Chu - Lee Chum Foon
    Andy Lau - Yeung Gor
    Idy Chan - Little Dragon Girl
    Stephen Chow - his character from THE FINAL COMBAT

Also, a whole slew of 1970s and 1980s TVB actors reprised their classic wuxia roles for 1992's THIEF OF TIME one-shot time travel adventure/comedy movie.

Stephen Chow - his character from THE FINAL COMBAT
    Tuen Fei!! =)

I have never head of this movie, though - sounds like a must-watch!!

Tuen Fei!! =)

I have never head of this movie, though - sounds like a must-watch!!
    It's wacky fun. Here's a review:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/Movies/The-Thie...iew-r2285.html

It was a time-travel caper that also served as a wistful homage to 1970s and 1980s TVB wuxia drama.

I wonder if there is any actor/actress who play child in one series and parent role in another.
    Adam Cheng played Zhang Wuji, but did not play any Zhang CuiShan's role in subsequent series.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I wonder if there is any actor/actress who play child in one series and parent role in another.
    Adam Cheng played Zhang Wuji, but did not play any Zhang CuiShan's role in subsequent series.
    Patrick Tse Yin was the first actor to ever portray Yeung Gor on film (1960s movie adaptation of ROCH); during the 1980s, he played Yeung Gor's grandfather, Yeung Teet Sum, in LOCH '82.

Wayne Lai: Zhou Botong
    Dicky Cheung: Monkey King
    The Guy who played Kwok Jing's Blind Sifu (LOCH82/LOCH83 and LOCH94/ROCH95)
    Donnie Yen: Chen Zhen
    Bak Biu: Kwok Jing
    Lo Lan: Kau Tin Cheuk (The woman of the passionless valley)
    Felix Wong: Zhan Zhao (The body guard of Justice Pao)
    Kenny Ho: Zhan Zhao (The body guard of Justice Pao)
    The guy who play Justice Pao in Kenny Ho version.
    The guy who play Gong Sun BOOK in Jutice Pao (Kenny Ho version).
    Adam Cheng: QianLong.
    Adam Cheng: Chor Lau Heung.

Sha tong tin was played by the same person in LOCH 83 and 94

Kai Bang elder Lai was played by the same person in LOCH 83 and 94. For some reason he stabs himself in the former.

Abbot burnt wood was played by the same person in LOCH 83 and 94.
    Last edited by one>two; 12-17-11 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one>two View Post

Kai Bang elder Lai was played by the same person in LOCH 83 and 94. For some reason he stabs himself in the former.
    He stabbed himself because none of his colleagues believed him when he said that Elder Pang was a traitor and that Yeung Hong was trying to usurp the Chief position in the Beggar's Union. He probably figured that if he died to make his point, his colleagues would believe him. The ploy worked: the tide began to turn in Wong Yung's favor after Lai killed himself.

Abbot burnt wood was played by the same person in LOCH 83 and 94.
    That dude was TVB's "go to guy" for playing old monks.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Adam Cheng played Qianlong and his illegitimate son Fu Kang'an in Book and Sword 1976, but that probably doesn't count. Adam did play Qianlong again in Book and Sword 2009, so that probably counts.
    If we're counting non-canon wuxia, the late Wong Wai played South Emperor Duan Zhixing in "Mystery of the Condor Hero" (one of his best roles), and also played Duan Wenzhong, Duan Zhixing's father in the "Nan Di Bei Kai" Condor Hero spinoff starring Ekin Cheng as (eventual) South Emperor Duan Zhixing. Duan Wenzhong isn't a canon Jin Yong character, though.

That dude was TVB's "go to guy" for playing old monks.
    Hor Phaik Kin? I'm watching DGSD 81 now, and he's Xuanci. The entire mystery of who "Leader Brother" is falls flat completely, because at the very start of the disclosure of Xiao Feng's history, you see Hor Phaik Kin's character bringing the infant Xiao Feng to the elderly couple, and shortly after that you see Hor Phaik Kin as Xuanci. Couldn't they have gotten Wang Jiantong or some other kelefe to deliver the kid in the flashback, or at least not show that spoiler flashback?

Hor Phaik Kin? I'm watching DGSD 81 now, and he's Xuanci. The entire mystery of who "Leader Brother" is falls flat completely, because at the very start of the disclosure of Xiao Feng's history, you see Hor Phaik Kin's character bringing the infant Xiao Feng to the elderly couple, and shortly after that you see Hor Phaik Kin as Xuanci. Couldn't they have gotten Wang Jiantong or some other kelefe to deliver the kid in the flashback, or at least not show that spoiler flashback?
    I don't think it quite ruined the mystery, at least not for me. I only saw him as the monk who brought the baby Siu Fung to the Kius, and who happened to be the Chief Abbot of Shaolin. It didn't occur to me that he was the mastermind behind the conspiracy to conceal Siu Fung's origins and true identity. I was sure surprised as hell to find out it was him.