Thread: Beijing Love Story (北京爱情故事)

Default Beijing Love Story (北京爱情故事)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/710168acgw1dobe4hnqbbj.jpg')

Title: 北京爱情故事 / Bei Jing Ai Qing Gu Shi
    English title: Beijing Love Story
    Also known as: Love Story In Beijing
    Genre: Romance
    Episodes: 40
    Broadcast network: Zhejiang TV
    Broadcast period: 2012-Jan-07 start
    Opening theme song: Yi Nian Zhi Jian (一念之间) by Zhu Xiao Dong and Wang Fei Fei

Main
    Chen Si Cheng as Cheng Feng
    Li Chen (李晨) as Wu Di
    Zhang Yi (张译) as Shi Xiao Meng
    Yang Mi as Yang Zi Xi (Spring)
    Zhang Xin Yi as Lin Xia (Summer)
    Mo Xiao Qi as Wu Mei (Fall)
    Tong Li Ya as Shen Bing (Winter)
    Extended
    Chen Yi Heng (陈逸恒) as Cheng Sheng En
    Yu Na as Lu Man Jia
    Zhou Hao Dong as Hong De Min
    Bai Fan as Shao Hua Yang
    Ren Zheng Bin (任正彬) as Hu Rong Qiang
    Yuan Wen Kang as Andy
    Ya Juan (雅娟) as Da Hua
    Zhang Yu (张羽) as Fei Si
    Tan Kai as Wu Wei
    Xiao Jian as Wang Yao Qiang
    Louis Fan as Qin Huang
    Cui Ruo Han as Tong Tong (Qin Huang's daughter)
    Guests
    Pan Shi Qi (潘时七) as flower shop owner
    Zhou Hong (周泓) as Xue Er
    Dong Xuan as beauty who converses with Cheng Feng
    Xing Jia Dong (邢佳栋) as lawyer
    Liu Yun as Cheng Feng's ex-girlfriend
    Peng Jing (彭婧) as real estate staff member
    Li Nian as Andy's new girlfriend
    Wang Dong Fang (王东方) as butcher
    Eric Fan (樊冲) as street musician
    Li Qian as office lady
    Gong Xin Liang (巩新亮) as Wu Mei's good friend
    Bao Bei Er as young police officer
    Su Peng Cheng (苏鹏程) as old police officer
    Liu Tian Zuo as bro' from the northeast
    Feng Shao Feng
    Du Chun
    Xiong Nai Jin
    Wu Yu Juan (伍宇娟)
    Lv Xia (吕夏)
    Zheng Han (郑函)
    Ma Li Shan (马里山)
    Li Zan (李赞)
    Fang Zi Ge (方子哥)
    Xu Di
    Zhang Xi Yun (张溪芸)
    Fang Xiao Ge (方晓鸽)
    Zhao Da (赵达)
    Ban Zan (班赞)
    Han Qiu Chi (韩秋池)
    Yang Yang (杨旸)
    Zhang Guo Qiang (张国强)
    Qin Lan
    Wang Bao Qiang
    Production Credits

Screenwriters: Chen Si Cheng, Li Ya Ling
    Chief producer: Teng Hua Tao
    Producer: Li Chen
    Director: Chen Si Cheng

Beijing Love Story is one of Mainland China's largest modern drama productions, costing RMB30 million yuan. The idea for Beijing Love Story was first formed during the filming of Soldier Sortie, and is written and directed by one of its actors, Chen Sicheng, and produced by another one – Li Chen. Opposite them are the four female leads of the show – Gong’s Tong Liya and Yang Mi and upcoming actresses Mo Xiaoqi and Chen Xiyi. The show also guest stars Feng Shaofeng, Qiao Zhengyu, Yuan Wenkang, Wang Baoqiang, Dong Xuan, Qin Lan etc.
    Last edited by xiaolong; 12-22-11 at 08:36 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Stills...

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/7d124b22tw1doctb9mlimj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

Transferring from Yang Mi's thread:

Quote Originally Posted by mango_cake View Post
    "Beijing Love Story" updates:

"Beijing Love Story" 24min long trailer: http://v.qq.com/prev/s/s70sjj7fftymm...nd=4130&_out=1
    YM-cut version (only about 3 min long): http://video.sina.com.cn/v/b/68510175-2275549790.html

For some reason I'm having trouble loading the long one. From the YM-cut vid though it looks quite promising...finally a more serious drama and a plot that makes sense, LOL! TLY is the lead here so it's like a reversal of "Gong", haha--YM's character (as a gold-digger girl who ditches her super-sweet college boyfriend for a rich playboy) is the type I'd usually hate...but I guess I'm too much of a fan now because from the trailer I actually feel sorry for her. >_< I should be cheering on Li Chen to dump her but instead I just want him to get back together with her.

Her acting in here also seems a lot better than her other modern-day drama (Symphony of Fate), including her voice-acting, which is funny since this was filmed first. I guess she finds it easier to do serious acting in these serious dramas as opposed to cheesy idol dramas? Haha. Plus this role seems much more interesting/complex/grey than her "goody-two-shoes", "sweet but too typical/bland" character in SoF. (Even though I enjoyed SoF--mostly for the FengMi scenes--and I wouldn't call her acting "bad" in there, it just failed to captivate me like her other roles have. Although again, probably that was partially due to the more boring personality of her Anqi character in there.)

As far as I know this still begins airing on Jan. 07, can't wait!

Other dramas:

In other minor drama news, Tengxun is saying they will be airing Gong 2 exclusively online in the middle of January...which I guess means Hunan will also be airing it around the same time? (Since I can't imagine it getting an online release ahead of its television release.) Too bad...I'd rather they air "Ru Yi" first. (On the other hand, at least this way "Ru Yi" won't clash with "Beijing Love Story" in Jan.)

(Sadly, still no news on my 2 most anticipated dramas, HFCQ and DQZD...sigh. CCTV, what is taking you guys so long... )
    I ship Shi-Harem

This drama has been jokingly referred to as "soldiers meet palace maids". (Since the male leads gained fame from that popular soldier drama while Tong Liya/Yang Mi gained fame due to "Gong".) I like that, as with other modern Chinese series, we get to hear the original voices of the actors (although personally I do prefer dubbing by professional voice actors in ancient series).

I'll update with YT links to the trailer: (thanks to shaz in the YM thread for pointing them out and Ygc2 for uploading them)

Yang Mi cut of trailer:

I love the theme song "Zai Jian Qing Chun", i.e. "Goodbye my youth" (heard at the end of the trailer), sung by Wang Feng. Can't really describe it but it evokes a very tragic feeling...very fitting for this drama, describing the trials and tribulations of the lives of several youth in modern-day Beijing...

I usually don't enjoy watching modern-day dramas that much, but this one has definitely caught my interest. I like both Chen Sicheng and Li Chen despite not having really seen much of them, and of course I love Yang Mi and Tong Liya as well! ^_^ Oh, plus I love Yuan Wenkang (YM's other love interest in the series, the rich abusive playboy). I've read some complaints that the styling for this series is not that flattering (especially for the girls since YM/TLY are both known for being very beautiful), however I think they look fine--and besides, they are supposed to portray more-or-less "normal Beijing girls"...this isn't an idol drama, it is more depicting real life and society, so I don't think the point is to make all the actors look drop-dead gorgeous, lol.
    Last edited by mango_cake; 12-26-11 at 09:33 PM.

Oh, can I just add, the "guest star" list in this drama is pretty impressive--I was surprised how many famous faces I saw at the end in the trailer, and it seems like they didn't even include all the cameos (just the "bigger" ones)! O_o

30-sec preview...
    I ship Shi-Harem

This series will finally air on Zhejiang TV on 7 Jan 2012, 1.5 years after they finished filming it. I can't wait!
    I ship Shi-Harem

I can't wait either!!! ^_^ (But, it hasn't been that long since they filmed it right? Less than a year...I think filming finished in early 2011?)

I posted links for direct download of this drama on my blog
    http://jolecole.blogspot.com/2012/01...ove-story.html
    Need to stop being lazy...

The cast on the cover of TV Series magazine.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/704958a4gw1dozr0q0aysj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

I just heard Chen Sicheng and Tong Liya are apparently dating. I always thought Chen Sicheng was dating Cao Wenxi? I think Yu Zheng spilled some juicy gossips that it was Chen Sicheng who didn't want Tong Liya to return to act in his productions. Now rumors are spreading about Li Chen and Zhang Xinyi being an item. It seems Beijing Love Story hooked up a lot of people. HAHA

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/6628711bgw1dp5b1kfi1fj.jpg')

Fashion iFeng takes a pic of Chen Sicheng and Tong Liya holidaying in New York with the caption "New York Love Story". Looks like they are practically announcing their dating status to the weibo world.
    @凤凰时尚:#凤凰时尚纽约时装周现场报道# 凤凰时尚独家策划!@陈思成 @佟丽娅 上演"纽约爱情故事"两位银幕情侣受到凤凰时尚的邀请来到纽约时装周,不仅看秀,更会带大家游遍纽约的时尚 圣地。更多精彩,敬请期待凤凰时尚纽约时装周专题

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/80e3e3d0jw1dq4mwnldzrj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

Chen Sicheng and Tong Liya announce their dating status on Hunan TV's Happy Camp.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1dqh6jai6obj.jpg')
    I ship Shi-Harem

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    Chen Sicheng and Tong Liya announce their dating status on Hunan TV's Happy Camp.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/681ab3edjw1dqh6jai6obj.jpg')
    I'm really happy for this couple! I guess it's a new trend in Chinese showbiz to go public with their relationship? LOL.

Default Was the end a little strange?

Did anyone think the end was strange? Like time stopped as they were waiting for Tong Liya's character to wake up from her coma. Seemed unresolved - but maybe they were going for an edgier feel instead of the prototypical happy ending.

does this series have english subs somewhere? :O

Quote Originally Posted by JoleCole View Post
    I'm really happy for this couple! I guess it's a new trend in Chinese showbiz to go public with their relationship? LOL.
    The video is SO. CUTE. Everyone starts crying because they're all so touched. Lol Chen SiCheng has like a total stone-face the entire time but then he starts tearing up too aww.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam_Nguyen View Post
    does this series have english subs somewhere? :O
    The drama is currently airing on ICN w/ english subs. If you are in Southern California, that would be channel 44.8.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords