Page 21 of 169 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171121 ... LastLast

Thread: Sound of the Desert 《风中奇缘》 - Hu Ge, Liu Shi Shi, Eddie Peng

^ Thanks for the news and it'll be awesome if you translate for us!

I'm guessing:
    Eddie = HQB, HG = Meng Jiu, Qin Hao = the guy whose name starts with Li (sorry I forgot the name!)

//dodges flying vegetables

OK, I'm hoping for HG = HQB, but I just can't see Eddie as Meng Jiu and if he's one of the leads then it's likely he's HQB...

Looking forward to the official announcement tomorrow...

Chasing this drama for over 100 days, and came SO CLOSE to GeShi being the main OTP.... Still holding on, despite the chance that the cast is GeShiHuoYu is only 1% true now.

On the bright side, TR MAY change the ending to Huo Qu Bing dying and Jin Yu going away with Meng Jiu (that will satisfy history fanatics, but displease book fans).

EDIT: A list of "points to consider" .
    Made after half calming down~I admit, some points are a bit ‘牵强’.

1. Surely TR wouldn't let Sina announce their Mr. Mysterious guy a day before the press conference, when they'd been using Mr. Mysterious as an attraction method for the past weeks? Mayhaps Mr. Mysterious is not even on the 'Important people' list (where you can see HG, EP, QH, HD, LSS etc. names).

2. TR hasn't made any reaction to Sina's announcement (which was over an hour ago). That could mean they have mutually agreed to it, or plan on making the fans crazy and then calm them down when they announce the cast in 16 or so hours.

3. Eddie doesn't necessarily have to be either HQB or MJ. He could be one of the main male characters (in bold) I listed in an earlier post.

*Fingers and toes crossed*

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/a294c334jw1dqki3btt5rj.jpg')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-01-12 at 07:17 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Quote Originally Posted by H.Ge-C.Liu View Post
    3. Eddie doesn't necessarily have to be either HQB or MJ. He could be one of the main male characters (in bold) I listed in an earlier post.
    I hate to say this to ShiGe shippers...and I definitely do agree HG has the "Roman god" look of HQB down pat much more so than the likes of Eddie and Peter. BUT the fact remains that Eddie's star status is far ahead of everyone else on the cast list now (yes, including HG and LSS), so it's gonna be a bigger shocker if he's not leading DMY.
    I ship Shi-Harem

News report on LSS' latest costume:

To my surprise, around 40% think that EP is definitely MJ, while the other group thinks he will be HQB. With all feelings aside, I would say EP has a greater chance of being HQB, just from his post about working out to prepare for his next character.
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 03-01-12 at 07:53 AM.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o638/CloudyLin11/9d539b3djw1dqkjlh7dggj.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o638/CloudyLin11/68b53a21jw1dqkj1pn58lj-1.jpg')

If Eddie's been working out to prepare for the role, then it may seem more likely he's HQB...

I hope HG sings for DMY too ... he has such a beautiful singing voice and I love listening to him sing...

Nonono, if Eddie plays HQB, I'm worried that it will make me dislike him, which is a pity evade he seems like a really nice guy. I'm not giving up hope until the last moment!
    我是个疯子疯子疯子只爱你的疯子 你是个傻子傻子傻子傻的却好懂事
    要爱你一辈子 写爱你的故事 在我心里承诺了几千次

Weibo talk with the MALE LEADS, Karen and Li Guo Li. The list says....Hu Ge, Eddie Peng, Qin Hao!!! Who's who??
    (As always, I'll be translating important/interesting tidbits)
    http://talk.weibo.com/ft/201203024273
    Time: 5pm (China time)

Most obvious combo: EP as HQB, HG as MJ... $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/9d/sada_thumb.gif') I'm still holding on to GeShiHuoYu though! Nothing is impossible at this stage. $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.t.sinajs.cn/t35/style/images/common/face/ext/normal/62/crazya_thumb.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/61e7f8b0jw1dqkfrz1u28j.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/Capture2-2.jpg')

Weibo Live Broadcast: http://live.weibo.com/zb/201203021779

Male characters in DMY:

Huo Qu Bing
    Meng Jiu
    Yi Zhi Xie
    Li Gan

Liu Che
    Li Yan Nian
    Wei Qing
    Wei Kang
    Huo Guang
    Yu Dan
    Ah Die (JY's father)

Current known participating actors:

Hu Ge
    Eddie Peng
    Qin Hao
    Han Dong
    Zhang Lei (Crown Prince in BBJX)
    by this we confirm EP?? and Han Dong?
    hmm shit i just broke out of my no-stalking promise. sighs..
    韩栋: 。。。。。。回京第九天去?猜
    HD: ........the 9th day i'm back in Beijing, where am i going? guess?

me: xiang shan?!

LOL. Maybe they won't end up using the hat after all.
    yea not all the bbjx costumes that were in the photos were worn in the end right? so they may just change the hat afterall..

Quote Originally Posted by snowflakesdance View Post
    Is there a lot of running in DMY? (someone's "overanalyzing" -->me)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/68a0d5e5jw1dqka7l9w6lj.jpg')

好久沒跑步了 要為下一個角色做足準備 學了些新玩意兒 繼續努力學習
    i'm thinking more along the lines of " if you have a fitting to go to.. you still have time to RUN?!"

The press conference is at 1pm tomorrow. Live broadcast: http://live.video.sina.com.cn/room/ent2
    ooooooo live broadcast.. what time is the broadcast starting again?

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    So it's down to Eddie and Peter. But who knows...Tangren has the neck for springing big surprises. Nicky Wu also falls nicely into the movie star/experienced actor combo. He could make a good Meng Jiu.
    nicky's out he's too busy cooking porridge for another production crew

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b79ffdbjw1dqk6xmbz1nj.jpg')

i'm probably the only person ok with EP playing HQB apart from the fact that there wont be ShiGe. T.T
    and am i the only one bummed that LGX wont be in DMY? #foreveralone

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Heiress View Post
    Nonono, if Eddie plays HQB, I'm worried that it will make me dislike him, which is a pity evade he seems like a really nice guy. I'm not giving up hope until the last moment!
    Awww... but Eddie's so adorable it'll be hard to dislike him!

There, there. *pat pat* No matter what happens, I hope you won't be too upset. I understand you'll be disappointed, but maybe it'll all work out fine in the end.... I hope HG will be HQB too, but even if he plays Meng Jiu I'll still watch DMY anyway...

Eddie is a great actor, so maybe he'll be an awesome HQB too, and Hu Ge may wow us all with an awesome Meng Jiu...

Quote Originally Posted by thesolangestory View Post
    by this we confirm EP?? and Han Dong?
    hmm shit i just broke out of my no-stalking promise. sighs..
    韩栋: 。。。。。。回京第九天去?猜
    HD: ........the 9th day i'm back in Beijing, where am i going? guess?

me: xiang shan?!

yea not all the bbjx costumes that were in the photos were worn in the end right? so they may just change the hat afterall..

i'm thinking more along the lines of " if you have a fitting to go to.. you still have time to RUN?!"

ooooooo live broadcast.. what time is the broadcast starting again?

nicky's out he's too busy cooking porridge for another production crew

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/4b79ffdbjw1dqk6xmbz1nj.jpg')

i'm probably the only person ok with EP playing HQB apart from the fact that there wont be ShiGe. T.T
    and am i the only one bummed that LGX wont be in DMY? #foreveralone
    Awww Nicky's so cute there cooking for his team...

I'd love it if Han Dong is in DMY. He's a great actor!

I'm disappointed that LGX isn't DMY too, so you're not the only one! I really like LGX...
    Last edited by anonin; 03-01-12 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anonin View Post

Eddie is a great actor, so maybe he'll be an awesome HQB too, and Hu Ge may wow us all with an awesome Meng Jiu...

I'd love it if Han Dong is in DMY. He's a great actor!

I'm disappointed that LGX isn't DMY too, so you're not the only one! I really like LGX...
    HG would be awesome in whatever role he takes on ^^ i believe in his acting abilities...

I love Han Dong too! i dont think bbjx fully capitalised on how good he is... hopefully he gets a bigger role this time!

anyways i was hopping around weibo.. seems like eddie IS really confirmed to be in dmy.. just.. what role..
    Last edited by thesolangestory; 03-01-12 at 09:44 AM.

Eddie is from Taiwan right? Is he a big star in China? Sorry me not too familiar with mainland entertainment scene.. but from what I gathered here there are more Hg fans than eddie?
    Last edited by Luanee; 03-01-12 at 10:01 AM.

HG would be awesome in whatever role he takes on ^^ i believe in his acting abilities...

I love Han Dong too! i dont think bbjx fully capitalised on how good he is... hopefully he gets a bigger role this time!
    I agree. I have faith that HG will be awesome no matter who he plays. OK, I may be a bit biased, but so far HG has impressed me with the versatility of his drama/movie roles, so either way I'm looking forward to DMY.

I totally agree! I hoped to see more of Han Dong in BBJX, but I guess with the many characters in the story 9th Prince only got limited screentime... I hope he gets a bigger role in DMY too!

Hey, who said there won't be ShiGe??? Even if HG is MJ, he's still paired up with LSS. And I can guarantee you that there will tons of fan-made MV of MJ and Yu'Er (ShiGe) than of EP and LSS.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    Hey, who said there won't be ShiGe??? Even if HG is MJ, he's still paired up with LSS. And I can guarantee you that there will tons of fan-made MV of MJ and Yu'Er (ShiGe) than of EP and LSS.
    TRUE. but they wont be otp though.. oh well... nvm i shall just wait for tomorrow and go watch some k-dramas for now. i am refreshing this forum too often.

Eddie Peng isn't TOO bad a HQB if needed I guess... although I think he won't be bad as JY either, only because it will be such a contrast to his personality that it will be rather epic to see him act in that way. Whilst Hu Ge (sigh) I think would be fantastic in what ever role he plays, and both are going to be roles which will suit him pretty well. I adore him when he fights though, so hope he isn't just a pitiful character and making me wish he got a happy ending because I am so Hu Ge biased it isn't even funny.

But truthfully, TangRen has rarely made me dislike their casting, I get shocked everytime, who knew Nicky Wu will have such a beautiful chemistry with LSS, and the gorgeous 14th Prince who everyone adores. So I guess they know what they are doing, and screen tests are done and everyone agrees.

Hope to wake up to news 2molo

TRUE. but they wont be otp though.. .
    Then the more reason they need to star in another series together right? LOL. Besides, I think fans will focus more on MJ and Yu'Er just because....hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Luanee View Post
    Eddie is from Taiwan right? Is he a big star in China? Sorry me not too familiar with mainland entertainment scene.. but from what I gathered here there are more Hg fans than eddie?
    Eddie is Taiwanese, but he's made it big in the international movie world with Jump Ashin, the Cannes Film Fest showcase for Taiwan in 2011. The role also won him a prestigious Golden Horse nomination. Eddie is also one of the leads in the latest Huayi-produced movie blockbuster, LOVE, alongside Vicki Zhao, Shu Qi and Ethan Ruan. Eddie was also the male lead in HK blockbuster movie, Love U U (directed by Jingle Ma who also helmed Vicki Zhao's Mulan movie) where he was paired with Angelababy.

I'd say Eddie's got a bigger, more international fanbase than both HG & LSS now. I'm actually really excited to see Eddie in DMY, even though I know HG suits the Guy1/HQB role more looks-wise. But Eddie's presence and charisma will make me swooon!
    Last edited by xiaolong; 03-01-12 at 10:25 AM.
    I ship Shi-Harem

Here are some lovely gifs from Love U U. Maybe this will help you imagine Eddie as HQB? After all, LSS and Angelababy do have a similar face shape Eddie & Angelababy had fabulous sizzle onscreen.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyw452Rexh1qbakqro2_250.gif')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lyw452Rexh1qbakqro3_250.gif')
    I ship Shi-Harem

I dont know which character HG's playing but like I said whatever character he play I still support him n hoping he sing the ost...
    Han Dong is in here too??? he was in ''bitter coffee'' with HG, i wonder if he is playing ''Yi Zhi Xie''..