Thread: Swordsman 2012 《笑傲江湖》 - Wallace Huo, Joe Chen, Yuan Shan Shan

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Except video game these days looks better.

As for YZ thought process, I believe he feel this is the superior way to make fight scenes for Wuxia, compare to past productions. Clearly he fail at understanding Wuxia. And yes, LHC fight with RWX is just as bad as LHC and DFBB, blue smoke vs. red smoke...
    In a bit more than 12.5 hours from now, we WILL be able to see the Swordman, THE HALF-HOUR SERIES CONCLUSION!! LIVE or about an hour and a half after that, on YouTube... I'm hoping it is a more "extended ending".... At least 45 minutes or an hour... to close up as many loose ends as possible...

Quote Originally Posted by szfong View Post
    In a bit more than 12.5 hours from now, we WILL be able to see the Swordman, THE HALF-HOUR SERIES CONCLUSION!! LIVE or about an hour and a half after that, on YouTube... I'm hoping it is a more "extended ending".... At least 45 minutes or an hour... to close up as many loose ends as possible...
    Other than the joy of it finally being over, is anybody here truly excited for the series?

Quote Originally Posted by State of Divinity View Post
    Other than the joy of it finally being over, is anybody here truly excited for the series?
    The more I watch this series, the more I reminisce about Jackie Lui's LHC. His LHC had it all. The body structure (Ok weird one to start it off), the CAREFREE ATTITUDE that LHC is supposed to have, the courage among many other great LHC attributes.

He just had it all

This guy is SO WOODEN.

He was good up to 15. Then it completely GOES DOWNHILL.
    Last edited by Mobyz; 03-02-13 at 07:10 PM.

I'm really sad for DFBB after watching the previews for the last episode.

I'm usually not a fan of big deviations from novels if it doesn't add anything, but I've learnt to deal with it since GL adaptations are aways like 10% novel, 90% made up.

The worst deviation for me in this version for most of the series has been RYY's stupid face, but having now reached the end (nearly) I've decided the worst thing is LHC's character. All wuxia heroes go through some journey where they discover 'reality.' The relationship between LHC and TBH / RYY are indicators that he doesn't take 'good / evil' at face value, and especially after the whole fiasco with his shifu, he becomes disillusioned about the branding of 'good / evil' yet for some reason in this series he has this double standard where the thousands of people RYY / RWX kill can be forgiven, yet DFBB gets words like 'evil is evil, there's nothing more to it' and 'you killed a lot of people, so i have to kill you' ---> definitely not what LHC should be like...

Quote Originally Posted by 0-0-0 View Post
    I'm really sad for DFBB after watching the previews for the last episode.

I'm usually not a fan of big deviations from novels if it doesn't add anything, but I've learnt to deal with it since GL adaptations are aways like 10% novel, 90% made up.

The worst deviation for me in this version for most of the series has been RYY's stupid face, but having now reached the end (nearly) I've decided the worst thing is LHC's character. All wuxia heroes go through some journey where they discover 'reality.' The relationship between LHC and TBH / RYY are indicators that he doesn't take 'good / evil' at face value, and especially after the whole fiasco with his shifu, he becomes disillusioned about the branding of 'good / evil' yet for some reason in this series he has this double standard where the thousands of people RYY / RWX kill can be forgiven, yet DFBB gets words like 'evil is evil, there's nothing more to it' and 'you killed a lot of people, so i have to kill you' ---> definitely not what LHC should be like...
    I feel you man. Joe Chen really put on a stellar performance, completely outshining everyone else. (Well Tian Bo Guang too, my gosh he was actually amazing)

She made me fall in love with the char even though I'm still on ep 25.

I think we're going to hate YZ a whole hell of a lot more after the finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyz View Post
    The more I watch this series, the more I reminisce about Jackie Lui's LHC. His LHC had it all. The body structure (Ok weird one to start it off), the CAREFREE ATTITUDE that LHC is supposed to have, the courage among many other great LHC attributes.

He just had it all

This guy is SO WOODEN.

Jackie Lui's LHC was pretty much spot on with how I picture the character to be. He steals every scene he's in, as he should being the main character. His ability to express the carefree nature of the character shows through every action.

As for Wallace here, he just turns into a zombie mid point and never recover.

The only scene I am looking forward to in tomorrow episode is the last meeting between LCH and DFBB. Oh boy I am going puke watching LCH and RYY wedding scene. As for the DFBB ending, I don't even think I will be able to watch it. Poor DFBB

I'm actually a tad surprised Jin Yong hasn't voiced his opinion on this travesty yet. He banned TVB from adapting his work after Crimson Saber 2000, Flying Fox 1999. He denied Tsui Hark from obtaining rights to adapt his shows but he's going to let this slide?

IMO, this is even worse than Flying Fox 1999, Crimson 2000 (Even though that show made no sense due to the Xia Xueyi circumstance and all that)

The plot is completely twisted/remade, it doesn't feel like a WUXIA drama at all, it feels like a freaking video game, some of the minor characters were removed (like what?), RYY had her scenes stolen by DFBB .

It's a complete and utter abomination, this adaptation. It started off pretty decently, but the quality falls faster than an anvil falling from a building. Ridiculous, just ridiculous.
    Last edited by Mobyz; 03-02-13 at 08:14 PM.

I'm actually a tad surprised Jin Yong hasn't voiced his opinion on this travesty yet. He banned TVB from adapting his work after Crimson Saber 2000, Flying Fox 1999. He denied Tsui Hark from obtaining rights to adapt his shows but he's going to let this slide?

IMO, this is even worse than Flying Fox 1999, Crimson 2000 (Even though that show made no sense due to the Xia Xueyi circumstance and all that)
    He did voiced his opinion, "this is the most faithful in spirit to the novel." Or so the media reports...

I'm surprise he didn't share his thoughts about SOD 96, as that is the most truest to his novel to date.

Unless he did at some point in the past and I miss that article.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 03-02-13 at 08:17 PM.

No way... are you serious? Do you have a link for it?

Jin Yong is out of his mind! He's a genius but he's insane if he's serious about this!

This has GOT to be the worst adaptation to any wuxia novel I've ever seen!

XAJH is one of JY's series with the most fulfilling ending. Every bad person gets what they deserve in the end (except, maybe YLS & master-wife, who's mistakes & bad judgements can be easily forgiven).

And the good people like LHC, RYY, XianWenTian, Shaolin, WuDang, etc all got what they desired most and lived peacefully, happily ever after....

In this adaptation, and after getting to know DFBB's strong, interesting, well acted, multifaceted character, I wouldn't mind if LHC ends up with her at the end and lived happily ever after, even if it deviates quite a bit from the novel.

It is gonna be so dreary and depressing in tomorrow's final episode...
    Last edited by szfong; 03-02-13 at 08:19 PM.

No! I just read on Sena/Weibo that he's going to be directing ROCH as well. NO STOP IT!!!! WHY MUST HE DESTROY TWO OF MY FAVORITE JIN YONG NOVELS?! Why?!

He's probably going to make Dugu Qiubai a woman and have her teach YG the heavy sword technique. NO!!!

No! I just read on Sena/Weibo that he's going to be directing ROCH as well. NO STOP IT!!!! WHY MUST HE DESTROY TWO OF MY FAVORITE JIN YONG NOVELS?! Why?!

He's probably going to make Dugu Qiubai a woman and have her teach YG the heavy sword technique. NO!!!
    A few pages before, some people posted YZ's actual plan. It brings tears to think of how blasphemous it is...

Sorry to bombard you with bad news. But I have read in ROCH thread that YZ is going to make XLN witty and flirtatious.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cavemancircus.com/wp-content/uploads/images/2012/februrary/i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore/i_dont_want_to_live_on_this_planet_anymore_20.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by yyouus View Post
    Sorry to bombard you with bad news. But I have read in ROCH thread that YZ is going to make XLN witty and flirtatious.

You forgot the part about YG and GX having a relationship and the condor being changed to being a female... ^^

He just had it all

This guy is SO WOODEN.

Wallace is not flamboyant enought to play LHC, he's very quiet and reserved and they only casted him because he's currently popular. Jackie Lui was great as LHC because he was actually casted because of his talent.

No way... are you serious? Do you have a link for it?

Jin Yong is out of his mind! He's a genius but he's insane if he's serious about this!

This has GOT to be the worst adaptation to any wuxia novel I've ever seen!
    I can't give you any link as I do not have one. I only hear reports from people of him saying such.

I was so pissed with this series so I decided to watch SOD 96 produced with TVb and the more I watched it the more I notice YZ copy their lines word for word. Wow I know he was a lowlife, but I didn't think he would stoop so low and plagiarize others work and claim as his own, same thing with the Painted Skin 2 ending. Wow guess the only thing he's really good at ( or that's original) and can take credit for is destroying good dramas, good characters and viewers hopes. They should skin this pig (YZ) and deep fry his fat a**. I wonder how much money he has to pay JY to keep hush and not sue him for producing this kind of garbage and destroying his novels. And the thought of DFBB dying tomorrow is enough to toss YZ, RYY and LHC into the river and drown these a-holes. MY poor DFBB
    Last edited by bluedora28; 03-02-13 at 09:20 PM.

This series has made me so sad. I am quitting. How can you treat DFBB like that....she sacrificed so much and got so little. This feels like Kristy Yang's character in The Snow is Red, I cried for her character in that movie...and I think I will cry too for DFBB.