Thread: do anyone feel sorry for cheng kun?

Default do anyone feel sorry for cheng kun?

his story is pretty sad too (im talking about the main bad guy in HSDS)
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR View Post
    his story is pretty sad too (im talking about the main bad guy in HSDS)
    Did Yeung Ding Tian know Cheng Kun and his Si Mui are lover?
    If he knew they are in love and he still marry her, then he deserves it. He should stay away from his friend lover. As for Cheng Kun, I don't blame him for go after Yeung Ding Tian but he should stop after Yeung Ding Tian died. He should never go after people who have nothing to do with it.

Based on what we know about him in the novel, he was nothing more than a heartless schemer. While it's too bad that his romance didn't work out early on, he should learn to deal with it (we all have to). Instead he went on to intentionally hurt many innocent people. So no, I don't feel sorry for him.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    Based on what we know about him in the novel, he was nothing more than a heartless schemer. While it's too bad that his romance didn't work out early on, he should learn to deal with it (we all have to). Instead he went on to intentionally hurt many innocent people. So no, I don't feel sorry for him.
    Based on this serial $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSA4r1FNfEtbgZ0I2-MeSc9HQjgFuLCLlArfY8bdPptyKTqnby7') then YDT deserved what he got. However, I still hate Cheng Kun as he should stop right after YDT died.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 02-19-12 at 07:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    He should stay away from his friend lover.
    Were they friends? From my viewing of HSDS, Yang Ding Tin didn't seem to know Cheng Kun.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-20-12 at 03:01 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

IMO, his story was sad because he lost his lover (But almost everybody goes through that sometime in their life). But thinking of what he did to others that were innocent e.g. Xie Xun, then I don't feel sorry for him.

-- My first post!
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Did Yeung Ding Tian know Cheng Kun and his Si Mui are lover?
    If he knew they are in love and he still marry her, then he deserves it. He should stay away from his friend lover. As for Cheng Kun, I don't blame him for go after Yeung Ding Tian but he should stop after Yeung Ding Tian died. He should never go after people who have nothing to do with it.
    Don't you think it's too harsh? Generally, I don't think anyone deserves to die unless he/she involved in killing someone out of intent. Furthermore, nothing should justify killing another.

To me, Cheng Kun through out the story used his martial sister as a convenient excuse as what he did was much more than just simple revenge. If we ignored his works toward Ming Cult, he's still a devil's work; traitor by co-operating with mongols, poisoned his abbot and almost annihilating the whole wulin present at shaolin. So no, I don't feel sorry for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Were they friends?
    I don't believe it's in the novel.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ View Post
    I agree with this, guess we deal with heart break much better in modern society. Everybody in wuxia puts love on a pedestal, but I doubt that is actually historically accurate.

I also wonder, exactly how prestigious and powerful was Cheng Kun at that time? He should already have been a famed martial artist by then, and with his cunning and intelligence, should have been able to achieve quite a bit. His lover married YDT for political/power reasons if I remember correctly; maybe he should have realized she was a gold digger and not been too upset .

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    His lover married YDT for political/power reasons if I remember correctly; maybe he should have realized she was a gold digger and not been too upset .
    I thought she was forced to marry YDT? In those days, marriage were arranged by parents. Children have no say in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    I agree with this, guess we deal with heart break much better in modern society. Everybody in wuxia puts love on a pedestal, but I doubt that is actually historically accurate.
    Even in wuxia world, decent people don't harm the innocent because of heart-break.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-23-12 at 05:21 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

It really should have been the case of get over it. Cheng Kun should have plotted against his shifu if anything since he arranged the marriage (I thought it was marriage of alliance). It takes pretty sick demented person to coordinate 20 + year revenge plot, sell out the country to Mongols, and destroy your star pupil.