Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My weak and beautiful memories of old kungfu tv series..

Default My weak and beautiful memories of old kungfu tv series..

Sorry i post a thread instead of asking in the corresponding thread since this will be long..

ok.. i have six last unknown kungfu tv series memory... previously i can gave a bit clue but this time i'm really clueless because i don't remember a thing except a little hint and blurry memory... hope someone remember something even though i don't hope much, i didn't even ask in internet before because i' wasn't sure what i want to ask..... oh yeah, probably there is a mistake bout the hint because my memory of them is blurry and mixed with other series,.. so if the story about like that or come close like that, please recommend it for me...

the 1st one... i only remember if i'm not mistaken the main villain is a couple, husband and wife, the main character learned some kind of secret internal energy gungfu, from no one and even quite an below average person he turned into kungfu master... the main villain capture the main character and force him to write the gungfu secret, and this is probably the most helpful hint because this story part is quite unique : the main character write it to them but he write it in reverse from the original hoping the bad guys will die but instead of die the bad guy become berserk and even more powerful (similar to ouw yang feng)... i also remember one of the scene when the friend of the main character yell "Heaven is unfair, why did idiot like him get a powerful gungfu while i didn't"... and then the main character smiles, but its not like his frend betray him, just kidding... and maybe this is just my imagination but i remember alex man when i remember this series... i can be wrong though

the 2nd one....i remember nothing but i remember that this tv series is quite interesting... the only thing i remember is the main character finally become great warrior but in the end almost in the end of stories, his feet become paralyzed and cannot even walk, he have to sit on the chair, and then he become a master of two(i'm not sure??) person, a young man and young woman, they bow down and call him master with all the chinese formality

the 3rd one.... its staring jimmy au and unlike wuxia series, in this series there is a huge monster like fantasy monster, but i don't think its the zu mountain saga and i don't think there are a lot of wuxia series with monster// case solved- blood stained intrique

the 4th one... its staring the guy who play siau ce in reincarnated 2, in this series he become a bad guy, at first he is a noble warrior and have a younger brother, their dad really dislike the weak brother and prefer the old brother, but in the end the younger brother become so strong, he get his father heart and the older brother girlfriend heart, the older brother like crazy kill everyone because of jealous.. really surprising...// case solved - god of swords

the 5th one... its staring francis ng... he love two girls that is a twin, they look the same, i remember there is a lot of hot kissing for that era in this series, i'm sure you can help me find this one if you're wuxia expert..// case solved-land of condors

the 6th one... its staring ekin cheng and he play twins with different characteristic, i'm sure this one will be easy but strangely i can't found it even though i have browsed ekin cheng tv series list

since that memories have meaningful things for me and while i still remember it i post this...
    Last edited by mideel; 08-29-12 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mideel View Post
    the 3rd one.... its staring jimmy au and unlike wuxia series, in this series there is a huge monster like fantasy monster, but i don't think its the zu mountain saga and i don't think there are a lot of wuxia series with monster
    If it's not Zu Mountain Saga then it's probably 神剑魔刀 "Blood-Stained Intrigue"

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/i...QGsiLCUfo03QGs

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    If it's not Zu Mountain Saga then it's probably 神剑魔刀 "Blood-Stained Intrigue"

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/i...QGsiLCUfo03QGs
    yes, i think it is... even though i forgot the opening... but the opening theme is suck... :-D

how bout the others?

i think no 4 - 6 are not too difficult ... no 1 and 2 are difficult...

yes, i think it is... even though i forgot the opening... but the opening theme is suck... :-D

how bout the others?

i think no 4 - 6 are not too difficult ... no 1 and 2 are difficult...
    I personally love the Blood Stained Intrigue's opening theme - never could find it on CD, though.

For number 4, Wan Tin Chiu, who played Siu Chi in Reincarnated, never worked with TVB - so it's probably an ATV production you're thinking of.

For number 5, I only know of 2 wuxia serials in which Francis Ng was the male lead - one was 大地飛鷹
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/-OjIoqt50Ao/

I've never watched it before, but from the opening theme it does seem that Kitty Lai is playing two roles, so it's probably the one you're looking for.

I don't recall Ekin Cheng playing twins for any wuxia serial, but then I'm sure I missed quite a few in the 90s.

the 4th one... its staring the guy who play siau ce in reincarnated 2, in this series he become a bad guy, at first he is a noble warrior and have a younger brother, their dad really dislike the weak brother and prefer the old brother, but in the end the younger brother become so strong, he get his father heart and the older brother girlfriend heart, the older brother like crazy kill everyone because of jealous.. really surprising...
    I think you are talking about ATV's 'God of Sword' (劍神)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YAmpX42w8w

Did you notice that the bad guy and good guy in these 2 series (Reincarnated and God of Sword) switch roles?
    Last edited by kidd; 08-29-12 at 04:30 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post

I remember this serial! I really liked it, watched it mostly for Wan Tin Chiu and his pairing with Lau Kam Ling.

Don't think they issued a VCD/DVD version of this, which is a pity.

Edit: there IS a DVD!
    Last edited by junny; 08-28-12 at 09:51 PM.
    玉木宏

blog

the 2nd one....i remember nothing but i remember that this tv series is quite interesting... the only thing i remember is the main character finally become great warrior but in the end almost in the end of stories, his feet become paralyzed and cannot even walk, he have to sit on the chair, and then he become a master of two(i'm not sure??) person, a young man and young woman, they bow down and call him master with all the chinese formality
    I'm not sure about the master of two students bit, but this is the only wuxia series I can think of where the hero is wheelchair-bound towards the end of the series. It's 奇门鬼谷 (hilariously translated as Kay Moon Gwai Kook) starring Jimmy Au and Felix Wong. Jimmy is the hero Sun Bin who meets with an accident in the later part of the series and becomes wheelchair-bound.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uGlUYgnntsg/

Quote Originally Posted by junny View Post
    I remember this serial! I really liked it, watched it mostly for Wan Tin Chiu and his pairing with Lau Kam Ling.

I watched the series for Lo Chung Wah and Esther Kwan at that time.

Did you notice that the bad guy and good guy in these 2 series (Reincarnated and God of Sword) switch roles?
    I personally love the Blood Stained Intrigue's opening theme - never could find it on CD, though.

For number 4, Wan Tin Chiu, who played Siu Chi in Reincarnated, never worked with TVB - so it's probably an ATV production you're thinking of.

For number 5, I only know of 2 wuxia serials in which Francis Ng was the male lead - one was 大地飛鷹
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/-OjIoqt50Ao/

I've never watched it before, but from the opening theme it does seem that Kitty Lai is playing two roles, so it's probably the one you're looking for.

I don't recall Ekin Cheng playing twins for any wuxia serial, but then I'm sure I missed quite a few in the 90s.

I'm not sure about the master of two students bit, but this is the only wuxia series I can think of where the hero is wheelchair-bound towards the end of the series. It's 奇门鬼谷 (hilariously translated as Kay Moon Gwai Kook) starring Jimmy Au and Felix Wong. Jimmy is the hero Sun Bin who meets with an accident in the later part of the series and becomes wheelchair-bound.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/uGlUYgnntsg/
    yeah... the francis ng one is land of condors.... but i couldn't find only the opening theme to download

the eric wan is indeed god of sword... good series....

the 2nd one, i'm not sure just by watching the opening since there is not english review of that series...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the ekin cheng one... weird... i have browsed it again and i still couldn't find it.... maybe its not ekin cheng??? even though i remember it was him...

if i'm not mistaken there is a scene where there is a girl at the restaurant who beat up a guy with her grand mom, and then ekin come and say " he's guilty but if you keep beating him up he will be die"... the girl think ekin is his twin, she had a bad experience with his twin... i think she call his twin pervert.....

how about the 1st one.. anyone remember something??

EDIT: yeah not sure the 2nd one is right but maybe, but i think it look similar... i read the review here...http://www.oocities.org/televisionci...39/kymoon.html
    Last edited by mideel; 08-29-12 at 05:24 AM.

if i'm not mistaken there is a scene where there is a girl at the restaurant who beat up a guy with her grand mom, and then ekin come and say " he's guilty but if you keep beating him up he will be die"... the girl think ekin is his twin, she had a bad experience with his twin... i think she call his twin pervert.....
    Hmm. One good twin, one pervert twin. A girl and her grandma. I think you are talking about TVB's Hap Hak Hang starring Tony Leung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XSazdt6sc

This is the series that made me fell in love with Sek Po Tin and made me determine to learn to read enough Chinese to read Xia Ke Xing because I learned that Sek Po Tin is the main character in the novel.
    Last edited by kidd; 08-29-12 at 05:16 AM.

Hmm. One good twin, one pervert twin. A girl and her grandma. I think you are talking about TVB's Hap Hak Hang starring Tony Leung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8XSazdt6sc

This is the series that made me fell in love with Sek Po Tin and made me determine to learn to read enough Chinese to read Xia Ke Xing because I learned that Sek Po Tin is the main character in the novel.
    ooohhh.... its tony leung instead of ekin cheng.. :-D.. my mistake..

I watched the series for Lo Chung Wah and Esther Kwan at that time.
    Heh, Esther Kwan was cute, I'd rarely seen her in such innocent-girl roles. Wasn't particularly impressed with Lo Chung Wah though, probably cuz I don't watch enough ATV stuff.

I really liked Wan Tin Chiu's Fei Yeung though, especially the early days. Contemplating whether I should get the DVD...
    玉木宏

blog

It will be nice to post one/two pictures.

Heh, Esther Kwan was cute, I'd rarely seen her in such innocent-girl roles. Wasn't particularly impressed with Lo Chung Wah though, probably cuz I don't watch enough ATV stuff.
    I know Lo Chung Wah's acting was not very good. My liking him back then was for shallow reason.

i suspect the 1st one is legend of general who never was...

anyone remember if there is a scene where the main character write in the reverse way of some gung fu manual...?

my memory is really blurry..

i suspect the 1st one is legend of general who never was...

anyone remember if there is a scene where the main character write in the reverse way of some gung fu manual...?

my memory is really blurry..
    I don't Alex Man actually learned any kungfu via a manual in that story - it was more magical - struck by lightning or something. He was the White Tiger Star after all.

I don't Alex Man actually learned any kungfu via a manual in that story - it was more magical - struck by lightning or something. He was the White Tiger Star after all.
    yeah, that mean its not it . . . . and big possibility that series i've been looking for is not even alex man. . . . . .

I know Lo Chung Wah's acting was not very good. My liking him back then was for shallow reason.
    Haha. That's also part of why we watch dramas

A couple of pics I found:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/4046/a16de.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3301/3826652308381460352.jpg')
    玉木宏

blog

Wow, I never seen Esther in cute roles before.

The guy in the first picture looks sorta like Roger Kwok from the profile shot.

God of Sword? When was this made? I grew up watching TVB serials mostly and only a few ATV here and there.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

yeah... the francis ng one is land of condors.... but i couldn't find only the opening theme to download
    http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/RVtnHIfnuA0