Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

any idea when is this series being released?

Well, if I can trust my google translator (I can't read Chinese): the fixed date is in April this year.

Is this adaptation based on the old revision where Duan Yu marries Wang Yuyan or is it the newer revision where she decides to take care of her crazy, power hungry cousin?

Or is it changed entirely where she dies at the end. The actress who plays Wang Yuyan, her other ancient series, she virtually always dies very sadly at the end of the series....

^ Someone posted earlier that it's supposed to be based on the newest revision.

I also heard it may deviate from both the old and the revised novel in order to surprise the audience. One insider said more than one ending was made, just in case of backlash, or for audience voting, etc.....

Another remake of DGSD after 10 years! Just judging from the pictures and trailers I've seen, this series will probably be somewhat ok. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a big flop like XAJH 2013 did. What's most important is the storyline and how the actors portray their roles. CGI, costumes, and settings are just secondary.

I don't know anything about these actors and how good they are, so I'm just judging by the looks. Wallace Chung as Xiao Feng looks like a miscast. He's a skinny, tan, and handsome guy, which is definitely NOT Xiao Feng. I feel that the designers just gave him a tan, some messy hairdo, ragged clothing, and layered a bunch of scarves on him to make him look buffer and it's so obvious. Were there no other actors in China to portray Duan Yu so they picked KKB? Maybe their goal was to attract more Koreans, but this Duan Yu is totally not working out. Just by looking at him, I could tell he's Korean and a very very feminine guy at that. There's no problem with a Korean guy in a Chinese drama, but this is wuxia and takes place in historical China. Casting a Chinese actor would've been more suitable. That hairstyle and costume is not helping either. Xu Zhu here looks very handsome lol. In the novels, Xu Zhu is supposed to be the ugliest protagonist in wuxia. The actresses look beautiful! Really looking forward to A'zhu, Zhong Ling, Mu Wanqing, Madame Ma (although she's a bit young), and the reunitification of Alyssa/GYY/Alec. WYY looks fine, even though she's definitely not as beautiful as Carmen Lee, Idy Chan, or Liu Yifei. Maybe a different hairstyle might suit her more and cover her forehead a bit. :P

Unlike most people here, I really like the pairing of Duan Yu and Wang Yuyan so knowing that they won't end up together is rather disappointing. The costumes are horrifying! What's up with these colorful drapes being wrapped around their body? It looks so heavy and doesn't suit the jianghu lifestyle, which requires a lot of moving around. The costumes are even worse than XAJH 2013 where they were all dressed like parrots with the bright purple, yellow, pink. As long as the story doesn't deviate so much that it becomes inconsistent (XAJH 2013, again) or drag, then all of these could be overlooked. And hopefully no overuse of CGI. This is DGSD, not Chinese Paladin! I'm afraid of seeing the fake wolves, water-bending, and flying (not qinggong) in these new remakes. DGSD 1997 is still the best up-to-date IMO. Everything was spot on and the background music was awesome. We'll see how this one goes.
    Simon the Snowblower.
    Check out hilarious Jin Yong Adaptations' bloopers!

So, when is this one coming out? Also, I find it interesting that this thread only have 16 pages while the Swordsman 2013 thread has over 200 pages. Is Smiling, Proud, Wanderer a much more popular novel than Demi Gods, and Semi Devils? Or is it because Wallace Huo and Joe Chen much more popular actors among internet fans than Wallace Chung, Han Dong and Kim Kibum? Maybe it's because fans were so dissapointed with Swordsman 2013 hat they have a lower expectation for this upcoming Demi Gods and Semi Devils, eventhough Yu Zheng isn't a part of this production.

Quote Originally Posted by shangster View Post
    So, when is this one coming out? Also, I find it interesting that this thread only have 16 pages while the Swordsman 2013 thread has over 200 pages. Is Smiling, Proud, Wanderer a much more popular novel than Demi Gods, and Semi Devils? Or is it because Wallace Huo and Joe Chen much more popular actors among internet fans than Wallace Chung, Han Dong and Kim Kibum? Maybe it's because fans were so dissapointed with Swordsman 2013 hat they have a lower expectation for this upcoming Demi Gods and Semi Devils, eventhough Yu Zheng isn't a part of this production.
    Probably a little bit of everything. However, mostly because this series isn't out yet. Threads are often more active when the actual show airs.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 07-04-13 at 04:14 PM.

I remember the Swordsman 2013 thread was crazy active when they were still making the series.

I remember the Swordsman 2013 thread was crazy active when they were still making the series.
    It was perhaps the main cast attraction.

been busy with life but still waiting for this...
    when will this come out...on youtube with english sub, anyone?

Saw the trailer and it really sux. Qiao Feng looks like a boy with some stubble. Duan Yu looks like a transvestite.

Quote Originally Posted by Liu Xiao Xiao View Post
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/47431906gw1e0tfezg5gqj.jpg')
    I am much more intrigued by this cast than the main cast. It's a shame Florence Tan is only playing one of duan zhen chun's lovers. They should've just spiced things up and cast her as TSTL (too bad Chen Zi Han isn't available...or is she?)

Or maybe they should've just went ahead and casted Alec Su as Duan Zhen Chun
    Watch out! Dihydrogen Monoxide will kill us all!

it already july where can I find this series?

I have absolutely no idea what the story is about, but I'll probably watch it if it happens to pop out on YouTube, but I'm skeptical on how it will turn out.

Seriously, when is this series coming out? It's already August. I thought there would be more interest for this series, just like how it was with Swordsman 2013. But I guess since it didn't have Wallace Huo or *grasp* Yu Zheng a part of the production, not many people in this forum give this thread a second thought. Or is it because DGSD is not that popular among fans today?

Seriously, when is this series coming out? It's already August. I thought there would be more interest for this series, just like how it was with Swordsman 2013. But I guess since it didn't have Wallace Huo or *grasp* Yu Zheng a part of the production, not many people in this forum give this thread a second thought. Or is it because DGSD is not that popular among fans today?
    There's just not much news to talk about. Nor controversy subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by S Beaver View Post
    I am much more intrigued by this cast than the main cast. It's a shame Florence Tan is only playing one of duan zhen chun's lovers. They should've just spiced things up and cast her as TSTL (too bad Chen Zi Han isn't available...or is she?)

Or maybe they should've just went ahead and casted Alec Su as Duan Zhen Chun
    Oh my, what a great idea ! Now why didn't they do that (Alec Su as Duan Zheng Chun)? Muahahaha Off to fantasy-land imagining an alternate TLBB with a killer cast for the older characters. Alec Su as Duan Zheng Chun, Chen Zi Han as TSTL (she got the fierce face down but doesn't look like a little kid tho) or maybe Yang Rong (can look young and also fierce/cold). Florence Tan as Gan Bao Bao is not bad ya? Young and innocent-looking, blaming DZC but still can't resist him. Hmm, maybe GYY can still do the 3-generation thing like Carman Lee as Li Qiushui's younger twin sister, Li Qingluo/Mrs Wang, and Wang Yuyan (way to get your $$'s worth of hiring an actress) I wouldn't know what I'd like Alyssa to act as tho, Dao Baifeng or still Li Qiushui. Yup , it'd be interesting to see her Li Qiu Shui fighting Chen Zhi Han's TSTL. I'm looking forward to seeing the current actress as Mdm Ma though, so I'd like to keep her in the same role.

Btw, who is that lady in sparkly white in the picture between Alec and Alyssa? Wasn't she acting as Daiqisi/Golden Flower Granny/Xiao Zhao's mom? Does anyone know what she acts as in this one? Dao Bai Feng? Mrs Wang?

The girl acting as Ah Zhu & Ah Zhi is cute Looking forward to her portrayal.

This latest 17 minutes trailer excite me. The vocal songs that played early in the trailer and at the end are wonderful. I'm totally looking forward to this series now, despite my feelings prior.

I hear it may be airing this October? I can't wait.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 09-17-13 at 08:11 PM.