Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Wanted to ask this question based on this series. Towards the end of the series, we can see that WYY is full of sadness when DY and her parted, with her remaining with MRF Is it better for her:
    1. To go with DY
    2. To leave both MRF and DY?

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    Wanted to ask this question based on this series. Towards the end of the series, we can see that WYY is full of sadness when DY and her parted, with her remaining with MRF Is it better for her:
    1. To go with DY
    I think it's a very conflicted decision only she can make. Which she did.

The way I see it, her heart is split in two. One half she wants to stay with MRF to take care of him because she pity his current state, and there is still some bit of love she had from the past. The other half, she's hurt because of how he turned out to be, before he lost his memory. Her farewell tears to DY were tears of regret and sorrow knowing how DY felt for her and how she couldn't return the feelings, yet instead chose the man who destroy her and DY's family.

She can't leave MRF because it hurt her to, and she can't stay happily in love with him either, so she chose to be the one person to just watch over him, sacrificing her future. It's all so tragic.

Or is it just me making this all so complicated? lol

I thought her ending in this version was quite haunting. Which also makes it that much more memorable.

To answer your question, I think it's best for her to just leave MRF. But, WYY is WYY. Poor girl.
    Last edited by wuxiarocks; 02-15-14 at 08:23 AM.

About WYY, I think this version had make some kinda of 'adjustment' regarding MRF's attitude. In the previous versions, CMIIW but if I'm not mistaken, WYY was the one who was head over heels toward MRF. MRF himself thought more about establishing his country and whatever ambitions that he had in minds. In that case, I think it was better for WYY to go to DY .. either to be his only wife, or to share him with other girls . Afterall, DY was a kind guy, so she could rest assured that she would be treated well no matter what.

Then again, in DGSD 2013 (which followed the 3rd revision), we saw that MRF had more affection toward WYY, compared to the previous MRFs. I had the impression that they had been closed for a long time, so WYY's feelings toward him should be deep too. If you asked me, then I still think that it's better for WYY to be with DY. She had no mother left, the guy that should protect her had become mad, and she was drop-dead gorgeous. Then again, it's also logical if WYY decided to accompany the already crazy MRF, because all this time, their feelings are mutual.

I don't know why they made the adjustments that way. Jin Yong left it open as to which, if any, of his cousins he went with. I always felt that was the most appropriate and shipper friendly way to deal with the relationships. Also WYY going with MRF!? JY clearly meant MRF for Ah Bi!! This was quite a travesty. And at the end, why omit the caught in middle situation the heroes suffered between Liao and Sung. This clearly has HeXie written all over it

97 or 2013?

Can anyone whom have watched both series gimme their opinion?

If this is another SWORDSMAN, I don't even want to get started.

Huge Wuxia fan but that made me sick to my stomach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobyz View Post
    97 or 2013?

Can anyone whom have watched both series gimme their opinion?

If this is another SWORDSMAN, I don't even want to get started.

Huge Wuxia fan but that made me sick to my stomach.
    This is not another Swordsman. This is better. But I rather not compare it to the 97 version, or any for that matter. As an adaptation of its own right, it's fairly good.

Of course whether you will like it or not depends on you, maybe give it a try?

If MQW smiles, she is very pretty. Maybe her hairstyle should not have a bun on top.

Thanks for the nice pictures, Shakespeare. Can't remember 1997 MWQ. and 2013 MWQ correct?

When will the DVD be released?
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

1. To go with DY
    My impression from the series is WYY has always loved MRF, and she grew up knowing no other men but her cousin. She also understands his complicated personality, including his mental problem, and his ambition. She probably develops some feelings towards DY, most likely because DY is so attentive to her, something that she doesn't get much from her cousin. Hey, we women can be easily melted with attention and care, you know (esp if you let us use your unlimited credit card. Joking! ).

Then seeing her cousin broke down, she doesn't have the heart to leave him. Her tears when she sees off DY and MWQ, IMO, is like a goodbye to a lively life, because she knows that she will be bound to her cousin forever. (I must say, this is another case of women's "sainthood complex", sadly). But based on her character as appeared in the series, I do think it's very logical she'll take that option.

If it were up to me, I'd make her leave both MRF and DY, and pursue her own interests. DY would probably do anything for her, but after years being sidelined by her cousin, having to share DY with other women might not make her happy either.

BTW, the actress who played MWQ is very flex, eh? Did she use to be a dancer or a gymnast?
    Last edited by lenje; 02-20-14 at 07:43 PM.

Maybe, something for fun. Based on this series, who will you marry (only one!):
    1. Ah Zhu
    2. Ah Zhi
    3. MWQ
    4. ZL
    5. WYY
    6. Kang Min
    7. Other (please specify

I will go for ZL, cute and adorable.

Maybe, something for fun. Based on this series, who will you marry (only one!):
    1. Ah Zhu
    2. Ah Zhi
    3. MWQ
    4. ZL
    5. WYY
    6. Kang Min
    7. Other (please specify

I will go for ZL, cute and adorable.
    I will go for ZL too. Same reason, cute and adorable. Also very understanding.