Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 343444546474849505152535455 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1085

Thread: Demi-Gods and Semi-Devils 2013 《天龙八部》 - Wallace Chung, Jia Qing

Banned

Just finished watching this. In no way is this better than the 1996 TVB version. It's only my current #1 wuxia series b/c it's more modern. I like the costumes and cast, but the script sucks, no make it horrible. I really hate the failed attempts at slapstick humor, and most of all I dislike the ending. The TVB version is now outdated but had much higher "production value".

Banned

My Top 5 favorite movies (as of Aug 2016):

1. Dragon Nest: Warrior's Dawn in 3D (Mainland China/USA; 2014)
    2. Monkey King 2 in 3D (Mainland China; 2016)
    3. Mojin - The Lost Legend (Mainland China; 2015)
    4. Crouching Tiger/Hidden Dragon - Sword of Destiny in 2D (China/USA???; 2016)
    5. Kung Fu Cult Master (Hong Kong; 1993)

My Top 5 dramas (as of Aug 2016):

1. The Mystic Nine (Mainland China; 2016)
    2. Demi Gods & Semi Devils (Mainland China; 2013)
    3. The Heaven Sword & Dragon Saber (Mainland China; 2009)
    4. Demi Gods & Semi Devils (Hong Kong; 1996)
    5. Swordsman (Mainland China; 2013)

I didn't like Kim Kibum.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoSakura View Post
    First off, just wanted to say that this 2013 version of Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils is actually really well made, far surpassed my expectations. I'm a little more than half way through the series and I've been really annoyed by Jia Qing, the actress who played both Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi. Why did Lai Shui Qing cast her as the two women that Xiao Feng loves the most? She ruined this series for me. Jia Qing just can't act, and isn't pretty nor charming enough to play either Ah Zhu or Ah Zhi. What's with the constant eye shifting and lip puckering that she keeps doing as Ah Zhi? All of these unnecessary behaviors make it seem like she's playing a comical role in a comedy when she should act more natural since this is an action drama. I didn't feel anything for her when Ah Zhu died when this is probably one of, if not the most touching scene in the entire story. Jia Qing reminds me a lot of Liu Shi Shi.
    No. I fully Disagree with you, not sure what do you see that I don't. Jia Qing, the actress who played both Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi is my favorite on this show, really! She acted VERY well on both characters. So, I am baffled that you think otherwise.

She may have misacted what you personally believe to be Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi's personalities, but she acted SO well of two completely different characters that she interprets to be Ah Zhu and Ah Zhi.

Kim Kibum, on the other hand, would be my least favorite of all (major characters). He IS, rather, the one with most unnecessary comical acting, not Ah Zhu.

Also, Today (September 3rd) is the date the novel was originally published.
    And 3 years ago when this TV series came out was exactly the 50th anniversary.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 09-03-16 at 04:00 AM.

I got to agree with Don Yu too, Jia Qin is BOTH very beautiful and cute at the same time. She matches both Ah Zhu and Ah Zi so I thought it was pretty smart how they made her do BOTH part. This production was so horrible to me, Ki kimbum looks Thai and the Zhang Yuyan actress was not beautiful (pretty but not to the point of a fairy...) it was really only Jia Qin and Wallace that kind of kept me wanting to kind of watch here and there.

And if the purpose is for her to be really annoying, playful, immature, and wicked I think Ja Qin killed (Excelled) the Ah Zhi role! Of course, she also nailed Ah Zhu role which is the far more mature, sympathetic. kind, wiser big sister.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 09-03-16 at 11:46 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    I got to agree with Don Yu too, Jia Qin is BOTH very beautiful and cute at the same time. She matches both Ah Zhu and Ah Zi so I thought it was pretty smart how they made her do BOTH part. This production was so horrible to me, Ki kimbum looks Thai and the Zhang Yuyan actress was not beautiful (pretty but not to the point of a fairy...) it was really only Jia Qin and Wallace that kind of kept me wanting to kind of watch here and there.
    I'm going to have to disagree. When Ah Zhu/Ah Zi (I forget which one, destroyed her face, I couldn't have seen a more uglier actress in that make up. I almost gave up, but then I realized it's the same actress playing both roles). And DGSD '13 isn't my 2nd top TV show b/c it features a Thai-looking Korean, etc. I couldn't care less if the actors/actresses were Japanese either. It's my 2nd top TV show as of now b/c it was a Jin Yong adaptation and it was well executed (but the 1996 version is much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Don Yu View Post
    And if the purpose is for her to be really annoying, playful, immature, and wicked I think Ja Qin killed (Excelled) the Ah Zhi role! Of course, she also nailed Ah Zhu role which is the far more mature, sympathetic. kind, wiser big sister.
    Add me to the list of JQ as one of the attractions of the show!

I watched it years ago while it was airing, and if you read the old pages of this thread, you could see how we were discussing on how attractive she was . Some novel lovers complained because they made Ah Zhi and Ah Zhu as twins, and sometimes, it did make the story became inconsistent. But, acting and appearence wise, she was good.
    Last edited by luna_lucid; 09-04-16 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree. When Ah Zhu/Ah Zi (I forget which one, destroyed her face, I couldn't have seen a more uglier actress in that make up. I almost gave up
    Isn't that the purpose? It really ISN'T the actress' fault. She is really beautiful and cute, ADORABLE, but had to have an ugly face because that's the story.

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    Add me to the list of JQ as one of the attractions of the show!

I watched it years ago while it was airing, and if you read the old pages of this thread, you could see how we were discussing on how attractive she was . Some novel lovers complained because they made Ah Zhi and Ah Zhu as twins, and sometimes, it did make the story became inconsistent. But, acting and appearence wise, she was good.
    I remember those days ... . I got to know Jia Qing from this drama, and her A Zhu left a deep impression on me. Until now she remains my favorite A Zhu, way more than Liu Tao's or Cecilia Wong's. The way she played A Zi was also quite nuanced in my opinion. She was cruel and very selfish, but there were times when you could see that deep down that girl was vulnerable and craving for love. She also has great chemistry with Wallace

Banned

Isn't that the purpose? It really ISN'T the actress' fault. She is really beautiful and cute, ADORABLE, but had to have an ugly face because that's the story.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyways, actress doesn't look all that pretty to me, and that "ugly face" makeup was just horrible. For me, easily the most painful part of DGSD 2013 was having to endure Miss "I detroyed my face for some kung fu skills" on the screen. The second most painful part were the scenes where Xiao Feng and his girlfriend Ah Zhu/Zi were together...

(But bear in mind though, a lot of ppl might find someone like Crystal Liu YiFei to be really beautiful. But she's like a 5.5 or 6/10 to me... To me the Taiwanese actors/actresses like Wallace Huo/Joe Chen/etc. seem more beautiful than Mainland Chinese in general, but Taiwanese ppl often don't have half the brains of their Mainland brethren...)
    Last edited by hirobo2; 09-04-16 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lenje View Post
    I remember those days ... . I got to know Jia Qing from this drama, and her A Zhu left a deep impression on me. Until now she remains my favorite A Zhu, way more than Liu Tao's or Cecilia Wong's. The way she played A Zi was also quite nuanced in my opinion. She was cruel and very selfish, but there were times when you could see that deep down that girl was vulnerable and craving for love. She also has great chemistry with Wallace
    Those were the good old days, werent they, lenje? . I Wish we could discuss about a series again someday

Yeah, JQ is one of my fave Ah Zhi/Ah Zhu. This is also the first time I knew her and I like her until now. She looked strikingly pretty in red in Chinese Hero ZZL, and I liked her more than Yoona. Anyway, in my case, I also like Liu Tao and Ah Zhi 2003 (forgot her name) . They are all my favourite Ah Zhu/Ah Zhi and had great chemistry with their Xiao Feng, especially the ending scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by hirobo2 View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Anyways, actress doesn't look all that pretty to me, and that "ugly face" makeup was just horrible. For me, easily the most painful part of DGSD 2013 was having to endure Miss "I detroyed my face for some kung fu skills" on the screen. The second most painful part were the scenes where Xiao Feng and his girlfriend Ah Zhu/Zi were together...

(But bear in mind though, a lot of ppl might find someone like Crystal Liu YiFei to be really beautiful. But she's like a 5.5 or 6/10 to me... To me the Taiwanese actors/actresses like Wallace Huo/Joe Chen/etc. seem more beautiful than Mainland Chinese in general, but Taiwanese ppl often don't have half the brains of their Mainland brethren...)

But that's the plot/story! How can you blame that on the actress?

Even if you don't find Jia Qing attractive, as I do? BTW, looks is not the most important, good acting is much more important.

Although I think I get it, you really don't like this actress. But I disagree fully.

All due with respect, but I am just not sure that you know what good acting is. This actress can act very well a very cruel, annoying, immature role (Ah Zhi) then a totally different personality who is much more mature and kind as Ah Zhu. It seems to me that she has the WIDE acting ranges. And not just mono-toned and can't have much range, always the same face/expressions, which is what I consider bad acting when I watch movies/TV.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 09-08-16 at 03:39 PM.

God I LOVE this song!

God I LOVE this song!
    I like this song too. It made XF-Ah Zhu's first separation more dramatic and sweet. I think the song really fits the tragic love story between XF-Ah Zhu-Ah Zhi

Quote Originally Posted by luna_lucid View Post
    I like this song too. It made XF-Ah Zhu's first separation more dramatic and sweet. I think the song really fits the tragic love story between XF-Ah Zhu-Ah Zhi
    God I LOVE this song!
    One of the things I like about this series was this song. I loved it the first time I heard it.

This brought back some good memories. It was the series that made me actively post here.

This kind of TV shows, is what I LOVE the MOST.

Legend of Chusen, Classic of Mountain and Seas, Chinese Palain all these couldn't compare to these Jin Yong shows.

These Jin Yong shows are EPIC, and not only more COMPLEX (plot) but also more characters, and the fighting is better (Hand to hand, sword to sword, etc) not just magical fighting at a distance all the time!
    Last edited by Don Yu; 10-11-16 at 01:46 PM.

Gotta agree with u Don Yu, we need wuxia back bc now I am real sick of xianxia.
    And I also hope they will quit computer generated powers fighting + wearing bright color clothing + heavy makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdiani View Post
    Gotta agree with u Don Yu, we need wuxia back bc now I am real sick of xianxia.
    And I also hope they will quit computer generated powers fighting + wearing bright color clothing + heavy makeup.
    I dont mind xianxia or wuxia, but I hope there's more in the story than just romance *lol*. It felt like watching romance dramas with traditional settings