Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Sword Fantasy 《古剑奇谭》 - Li Yi Feng, Yang Mi, William Chan, Ma Tianyu

The costumes looks pretty good, very video game like. And a lot of the female casting are pretty. What company is producing this series and what is the plot? Too bad to Hu ge or Wallace Huo, or Yuan Hong or Tang Yang.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/large/7ee1a20fjw1e6pku2kib9j20m82ryh90.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ww3.sinaimg.cn/large/b13e2467jw1e6vauyi067j20c82ibqi0.jpg')

PLOT???????????

More stills released today
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by babygil; 08-01-13 at 07:14 PM.

Official trailer released

Wow I didn't know that Stephy Qi Wei and Lulu Li Xiaolu was in this series.

Trailer:
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).

Yang Mi + Zhang Meng = must watch for me.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Quote Originally Posted by bachtuyet View Post
    PLOT???????????
    Following the popularity of Chinese Paladin <仙劍奇俠傳> and Xuan Yuan Sword <軒轅劍之天之痕> comes Legend of the Ancient Sword <古劍奇譚>, a mainland Chinese fantasy-wuxia series that recently began filming at Hengdian World Studios. Based off the role-playing game of the same name, Legend of the Ancient Sword features a star-studded cast that includes Yang Mi (楊冪), Li Yifeng (李易峰), Qiao Zhenyu (喬振宇), Zheng Shuang (鄭爽), Ma Tianyu (馬天宇), and William Chan (陳偉霆).

In Legend of the Ancient Sword, which takes place during the Tang Dynasty, young martial artist Baili Tusu (Li Yifeng) feels a mysterious aura in him that can be suppressed only with the Sword of Burning Solitude. When fighting bandits, he meets Ouyang Shaogong (Qiao Zhenyu) and Fang Lansheng (Ma Tianyu), who are on a quest to find a jade ornament that will help them create a resurrection elixir. Tusu decides to join them on their adventure, hoping that the elixir will be able to awaken his slumbering mother. During their trip, he meets Feng Qingxue (Yang Mi), an immortal who has come to earth to look for her brother. After Shaogongs elixir proves to be a success, Tusu discovers that his mother is in danger and that he must fight with the power-hungry Shaogong to save the world.

Although much attention is being showered on female lead Yang Mi, who found fame through similar wuxia and fantasy roles, and male lead Li Yifeng, who makes his first foray into wuxia with Legend of the Ancient Sword, it is Qiao Zhenyu who portrays what is arguably the most challenging character. Despite being the villain, Ouyang Shaogong defies the stereotypes of good and bad, because his every action stems from his unwillingness to surrender to fate. Zhenyu, who previously played the male lead in the 2009 adaptation of the wuxia novel, The Book and the Sword <書劍恩仇錄> is sure to delight fans with his depiction of this complicated character.

Legend of the Ancient Sword is expected to air in summer 2014 and will also feature special appearances from mainland Chinese actresses Zhang Meng (張檬) and Chen Zihan (陳紫函).

http://www.jaynestars.com/tv-dramas/...egins-filming/

this series somehow remind me of Rift of the Sky by hu ge

Yang Mi, Zhang Meng, Chen Zihan, Zheng Shuang, Qi Wei, Li Xiaolu ...

... that's an impressive array of female idols.

Will almost definitely make up for the story, which I suspectin all likelihoodwill suck balls.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 05-23-14 at 06:42 PM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

Saw the first two episodes, it kinda remind me of old school Wuxia. I like it.

Yes Me too.. it looks interesting so far... but too early to tell if the cast have chemistry.. the effects .. at times look a bit contrived but everything and everyone looks pretty.

Hopefully the plot is not bad as well

I'm recruiting a team to sub this, any interest in helping please message me. : )

Default Currently liking it

Just started watching (I think I am on episode 5; right after the 3 year isolation) and am really liking it. Costumes are acceptable (and sometimes pretty) in motion, hair and make-up is good (except for the white-haired folks; can totally see the black under the wigs), acting is surprisingly good (some better than others but no one too bad that it's unwatchable), and character likability is off the charts. CGI is as expected, glaring and annoyingly bad and fighting/action scenes are generic of today's game-inspired Wuxia/fantasy offerings. I am quite enjoying the storytelling, pace, and sense of mystery around motives and the myth itself.
    At this point, there's hints of romance that had potential to be great...but what really caught my attention is the massive overload of bromance. Additionally, the attention to character development is wonderful. Here's to hoping these positives stay consistent throughout the series.