Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu by Giddens Ko (功夫-九把刀)

omg - another release, all within hours of each other...

A rival in love (7)

Just when I wanted to turn around and leap away, Hydra suddenly lowered his head, and softly kissed Yi Jings lips. My whole body shook and my aura of death exploded like an atomic bomb.

As Hydra kissed her, she slowly closed her eyes, as if she were falling asleep.

Hydra placed her head onto the pillow, and then stood up. Looking quite satisfied, he adjusted her pink blouse and then covered her with a soft quilt. And then he randomly looked at the window, and at me.

I did not evade his gaze.

Why should I?

He smiled, and then from within his handbag pulled out a wooden box, an ornately carved wooden box.

Dont tell me it was an engagement ring?!

My fists clenched so hard they bled.

But when Hydra opened it, I was stupefied.

Sitting inside the exquisite wooden, was neither a ring, nor a jewel, but two blue-colored silkworms.

Hydra was raising silkworms in a wooden box? Blue silkworms?

The most frightening thing was, the two blue silkworms were munching, not on mulberry leaves, but a scorpion. Or rather, half of a scorpion.

He smiled, stroking his two weird and disgusting pets, and said to them, Its time to play.

Its time to play what? Play games with each other?
    [163]

The two blue silkworms understood, because they immediately pulled their bodies up, posturing like two tongue-wriggling snakes.

It was so bizarre that my hair stood on end. And then, I felt a sudden impulse. He must die.

What was this feeling?

From the moment I had landed on the windowsill and started looking into the bedroom, I felt no urge to kill this rival in love. But now, I actually did have the desire to kill no, not a desire to kill.

I realized I didnt want to kill him.

I wanted to run!

I simply couldnt rely on my sixth sense.

Seeing him there in front of me arose fear from deep within my heart. My hands and feet trembled.

Why are you afraid of him? I asked myself. Afraid hes gonna take Yi Jing away? Afraid of his two crappy silkworms? I stretched my hand down and pressed the No trembling point on the side of my thigh.

The two silkworms continued their posturing, but didnt make any move.

No move.

Kaboom! From some distance away a loud noise sounded out. I turned my head and saw smoke roiling out from a house. Then fire exploded out of the windows, and the condensed air from inside sucked the smoke back inside for a moment.

It was a gas explosion!

I turned around and flew toward the source of the explosion; I had to rescue anyone inside! But, as I flew forwards, I felt a feeling of shock inside me. Wherever the fire was, there was also a raging inferno of an aura of death!

This was the fourth time this had happened!

That formidable aura of death couldnt be

It couldnt be another eyeless assassin, could it?!

Be careful! There are two auras! It was Masters voice, from behind me. It was followed by that of my colleague.

Wait for me! Dont jump too fast! Ah Yi appeared from the side, and tossed me a machete.

A machete? I was a little surprised.

With this powerful of an enemy, I wouldnt feel safe with just a diabolo stick or a tree branch! he shouted. He had a machete strapped to his waist, along with a sushi knife.

Move faster, said Master, casting his senses ahead. The two killers are cutting down the people stuck in the fire.

Were not going to make it, I said stopping.

Detestable. Master also stopped.

The three of us stood below the fire. It was a three story building, and black smoke poured out of the third floor.

The victims are all dead. Should we wait for them to emerge? I looked at Master.

Master looked at the crowd gathering around us. No. If a fight breaks out on the street, even more innocents will be hurt.

I nodded. Then lets go up! We dont want to keep them waiting.

Ah Yi brandished his two blades. Yeah. Dont let them live any longer than necessary.

Ignoring the onlookers, we brazenly flew up to the third floor, then disappeared into the roiling black clouds of smoke.

The smoke was deadly, and the swords concealed within the smoke even more deadly.

Hold your breath, said Master. This is a fitting place for a battle to the death. Very similar to the Qin mausoleum.

Ah Yi and I held our breaths, concentrating on preparing to ward off the blows of the devils within the smoke.

Will it be the real Lan Jin this time? Ah Yis voice sounded somewhat ill at ease.

Fake or not, they are extremely powerful. I turned the machete blade to face my chest.

Even though theyre powerful, we can still take them down, even if they are the real thing.

Let me dispel the fog and reveal the blue sky! Masters palms swirled, and his sleeves rippled. The black flog temporarily shot away from us, and there, standing at the end of the corridor, were the dim shadows of two demons, standing atop a pile of corpses.

The demons could not see, because they had no eyes.

But they knew that we had discovered their position, because they immediately charged at us, the katanas in their hands pointed straight at us.

Master laughed, and the three of us charged forward.

The final battle would take place right in the center of the corridor.

And every movement there in the corridor slowed down, or I should say, seemed to slow down. The echoes of battle reverberated at high speed.

The two metal rulers in Masters hands shot forth, one of them stabbed into the arm of one of the demons. The other was knocked out of his hand by a katana..

The other demons katana was on fire. He chopped it toward Ah Yi.

Ah Yi ducked down and slid past, but received a kick in the back, and slammed into the dark wall. In that exact moment, my machete sliced toward the demon, but his katana flew to block my blade. And then we were enveloped again in roiling smoke. I felt panicked, and my throat started to hurt, so I flew backwards, narrowly avoiding my throat from being sealed up by the smoke

And Master?

In my panic, I had no time to call for help, because the katana had split the smoke and was descending toward me.

The powerful katana split the smoke, and also revealed the position of the demon!

[163] In the original text, Hydra speaks English, and then Yuan Zai narrates these two lines in English. However, I think the original was a bit Chinglified, so I edited a bit. The original said, Its time to play what? Play each other?
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-10-15 at 01:06 AM.
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

I hope the plot will reveal itself soon deathblade ... who is Hydra?

Quote Originally Posted by LuDongBin View Post
    I hope the plot will reveal itself soon deathblade ... who is Hydra?
    If I remember correctly from my original read through, the mysteries are all revealed through the four parts of the next chapter "a horrific secret."

Although I do have to say that the author definitely left a lot of clues pointing to the truth.

Stay tuned everybody!

thanks deathblade

Thanks once again!

Oh man I hope they're not just some crazy guys fighting against firemen with extinguishers.

Ok wow this is a crazy story! I like it. What % of this story has been translated?

Thank you for the awesome translation

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    Ok wow this is a crazy story! I like it. What % of this story has been translated?

Thank you for the awesome translation
    As of this update, it's 77% translated. My goal is to finish the whole translation over my spring festival holdiday, which basically means by the end of this month!

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    As of this update, it's 77% translated. My goal is to finish the whole translation over my spring festival holdiday, which basically means by the end of this month!
    Arigato!
    The suspense is killing me
    My guess is that the narrator is a nut-case and Hydra is his doctor. All those no-eyes LJ are mental hospital attendants

Quote Originally Posted by ycb5959 View Post
    Arigato!
    The suspense is killing me
    My guess is that the narrator is a nut-case and Hydra is his doctor. All those no-eyes LJ are mental hospital attendants
    Yeah but how do you explain the kids's qigong?

Deathblade you are a stud! Keep up the awesome work!

A rival in love (8)

Thought before action!

I raised my machete, and the blades energy lead my movements to meet the whirlwind of the katana.

I stabbed him first, said Ah Yi.

What? I said, What are you talking about?

Really. Ah Yi, pulled out the sushi knife and blood gushed out of the wound.

I hit first, I said. There was no need for me to pull my machete out of anything.

Because I hadnt stabbed the demon, Id hit a home run on his neck.

It was a homerun, but because of the dense smoke, I couldnt see where the head had landed.

If I hadnt stabbed him in the back with my knife, you couldnt have chopped off squat! Ah Yi panted as Master walked out from the smoke. Master was too powerful. Im a bit tired of describing what the demons look like after theyve been beaten down by him.

Ah Yi and I were fine, so of course Master was too. If you ignored the blade wound on his forehead.

Unfortunately, the hair on our heads and bodies had been completely scorched.

Lets go! Ah Yi said. We dont want to be branded as arsonists. So the three of us dashed into a room, bammed a big hole to the outside, and, amidst tongues of fire, leaped out.

****! cried Ah Yi in mid-air, Help me put out the fire on my back!

No way! I refused staunchly.

Me either! laughed Master.

Back in the giant hole, Ah Yi used a little knife to trim the burned hair off of me. Then I went to work on Ah Yi. But my hands accidentally slipped a few times, and I ended up completely shaving his eyebrows off. Then I happened to hit his ding dong point, and when he couldnt move, used a marker to draw to a very masculine eyebrow onto his face.

Why just one?

Because Master looked solemnly at the eyebrow Id drawn and said, It is much too ugly. He took the marker from me and went about drawing another, much more refined looking eyebrow. He really did pay a lot of attention to detail.

At first, I wanted to draw Yang Jians Third Eye onto his forehead [164], but Master said that he was already crying, so we should stop.

Of course, after he unsealed his acupuncture point, he was really mad, but all he could do was bellow like a lunatic, because he couldnt match up against the two of us.

The kung fu world is very straightforward; if you cant match up against somebody, then you have to let them do what they want.

After Ah Yis frantic tantrum was over, the three of us sat down on the floor, lost in thought. Finally, Master solemnly said, Just now, the assassin I contended with told me to go see my fake daughter. Then he choked and died. At seems as if he were passing along a message from someone.

I leaped up. Ahh! I cried dejectedly. I totally forgot to tell you! That that fake daughter, she wanted me to tell you something. She said she has something very important to talk with you about. I totally forgot!

Master harrumphed. No need to get anxious. In any case, she is not my daughter. As for you, when did you go to Yuanlin. Why did you not tell me?

My face grew red. I forgot to tell you.

Ah Yi rubbed his smooth eyebrows. The assassin wanted you to go see your daughter, er, fake daughter. But why? Dont tell me he killed her? Or wiped out the whole family, like the real Lan Jin would do?

Masters face grew pale. Wiped them out. Well it would save me the effort.

I could see that Master was actually very worried. I grabbed his hand. Its late, but lets all go to Yuanlin, okay?

Master hesitated, remaining on the ground as if he were unwilling to go.

Kung fu is used to help people; we dont pick and choose who, I said. As long as they are good people, we should save them. Am I right?

Master nodded. But its so late. He stood up and changed into a new, un-scorched Tang suit.

I fished some money out of the drawer and said, If we spend some cash, we can get there faster.

Five minutes later, the three of us were in a cab. We told the driver to step on it toward Yuanlin.

It would be the last time we ever went there.

It was already 12:30 at night.

Thankfully it sounds like theyre all here, I said. I could sense sounds coming from Masters daughters whole family.

Should we ring the bell? Ah Yi rang it. Under his breath he said, This late, its really impolite.

A fit of noise could be heard behind the door, then the flapping of slippers. And then the door opened.

It was a sleepy-eyed, disheveled man: Masters son-in-law.

Dad? he said, astonished, glancing at Master, who was trying to hide behind me and Ah Yi.

Dad? Whose dad? said Master grudgingly.

Rubbing his eyes, the man asked us to come in, and then in a loud voice said, Ah Mei! Your dad!

We entered the living room, and then Masters daughter came running out. Dad! she said happily, You came back!

Veins popped out on Masters head. What dad are you talking about?

I interrupted hurriedly, You said you had something urgent to tell Master your dad?

She nodded and looked at Master. Dad, its so good you came back. I have something very important to tell you.

Irritated, Master said, What dad are you talking about? If you have some shit to say, spit it out!

Masters daughter gripped his hands tightly, and then in a slack voice said, I I forgot.

The three of us stared at her with open mouths. This was bizarre!

Mrs. Guan, did you run into anyone unusual recently? Did anything strange happen? For example, did you meet someone with incredible strength? Someone who jumps around a lot? If the eyeless assassin wanted Master to seek after his daughter, there must be some kind of message to be passed along.

She stared mutely at Master and then scratched her head. She looked as if she still hadnt woken up.

Maam? Ah Yi asked.

Just then, her eyes lit up. I remember! she said loudly. Wait one moment. She hurried into the kitchen, and when she came out, she was holding a kitchen knife.

[164] Yang Jian is a mythological deity with a third eye on his forehead. http://tinyurl.com/pdr4pg8, http://tinyurl.com/69266e
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-11-15 at 12:24 AM. Reason: formatting adjustment

Quote Originally Posted by Catahn View Post
    Yeah but how do you explain the kids's qigong?

Deathblade you are a stud! Keep up the awesome work!
    Mental case...all in the mind...

Oh god. The white dude is an evil hypnotist! She's gonna try and kill him!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

Thanks!
    Its getting weirder and weirder...

Thanks for the comments everyone, keeps me motivated!

And, you all have come up with some good theories, some closer to the truth than others. But my lips are sealed as always. The truth will be revealed soon.

I'd hate for the whole story to be one giant psychotic episode.

Default **Spoiler**

I decided to issue a tiny spoiler. Several of you have mentioned the possibility that the story is a dream or hallucination or something. If you want to know whether you are right in that guess, click the link below.

http://oi59.tinypic.com/e8tov5.jpg

If you do chose to look at the spoiler PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL THE CONTENTS!!!!!

All the confusing and complicated mysteries will be explained over the course of the upcoming six or so updates.

Thanks! Good to know...

A rival in love (9)

Huh? Master said, confused.

Ha! Masters daughter let out a vibrant laugh, and then stabbed the knife toward her own neck. It moved quickly and viciously, so much so that even three martial arts experts couldnt stop it. Blood burst out from the wound, like some kind of crazy red firework sparkler, dazzling our eyes with its bloodiness.

Master leaped forward and pressed on her Old Mountain point and Capital point, but she laughed maniacally and began doing some kind of aerobics dance. Huang Jun! Our fierce battle which began 300 years ago is not over. Victory and defeat must be settled! Today I give you a gift, and as for our final battle, it will be three nights from now! See you at midnight at the Giant Buddha on Ba Gua mountain!

Her voice was loud and clear, and definitely not her own. In fact it was a mans voice, and also somewhat familiar Her words sounded like a cassette recording of a news broadcast, lively and audacious.

Even more horrifying was that as she danced her hideous aerobics dance, she laughed and stared at her terrified husband, who sank down into his chair, his entire body trembling.

Oh, I forgot to tell you. Its useless to try to seal my acupuncture points. She suddenly stood at attention and stabbed the Wisdom point and Protect Him point on her chest. The two points Master had just sealed burst like a dike, and a waterfall of blood exploded out.

Ah Mei! Master held her up, his fingers flying rapidly over her body trying to seal the acupuncture points that controlled the veins and arteries. She just continued to cackle, her own hands flying crazily to random pressure points on her body, unsealing them. Shortly, her laughter began to grow stiff, and then weak and hollow.

What is happening?! I was stupefied.

Master?! Ah Yi collapsed into a chair.

Master looked at the womans pale face, his arms trembling, and an expression of indescribable grief appeared on his face.

The womans laughter finally ceased. Finally.

Master held her tightly, and amidst choking sobs and sniffles, spoke a single word.

Lan Jin! he howled, hugging the womans corpse with sudden force, holding her as if she were the most beloved person in his world.

He began to wail, a wail filled with complete heartbreak.

Ah Yi and I watched mutely, our hearts bursting along with the sounds of Masters sobs. To see a parent mourning the loss of a child with such grief and remorse brought tears to my own eyes.

Lan Jin! roared Ah Yi. Youre dead! Master is so mad, youre dead a thousand times over!

At that moment, amidst the pools of blood in the living room, I just wanted to help Master by sharing his grief. It wasnt until we managed to drag him out of the room that I started to think about the incomprehensible events leading up to the woman going crazy and attacking herself.

It seemed like Lan Jin was using some horrific technique similar to the Soul Shifting skill[165] from Legend of the Condor Heroes[166]. Lan Jin bewitched Masters daughter, and after she followed his orders, had her slit her own throat.

This ultimate enemys methods truly made one shudder with fear.

Perhaps the eyeless freaks were also being controlled by Lan Jin in this way. Perhaps that was how their eyes had come to be removed!

Lan Jin! howled Master, his face contorted in agony as we sat in the cab. Im going to crush you into pieces and spread your ashes to the wind!

He lay on the bed, his body curled up in a blanket. Id never seen Master like this before.

He cried and cried, as if his heart was literally broken.

It seemed there was no need to ask whether or not the woman really was Masters daughter.

Ah Yi and I sat at the mouth of the giant hole, our feet dangling out.

There were three nights left until the doomsday of Justice versus Evil.

As to whether the day would belong to Justic or to Evil, I didnt know.

When I used to watch T.V. drama shows, cartoons, and cop movies, Evil would always beat Justice for a while. But everyone knows that in the end, the heroes championing Justice would win.

MacGuyver would use some odds and ends to break out of the trap, and bring the bad guys to justice.

Mazinger Z would stand under the setting sun atop the remains of the giant monster. [167]

Rambo, no matter how wounded, would always stand up again to mow the evil forces down with his bullets.

But, what about now?

The advocates sent forth by Justice were none other than the leader of the Heaven Reaching sect, the lead disciple who had just taken his first step into the realm of ultimate martial arts, the second disciple who was still learning, and the sweet, cute third disciple who rested in a disgusting, silk-worm raising embrace.

This time, could Justice win?

When playing the main role yourself, belief in victory is a luxury.

Facing up against Lan Jin and his hundreds of sneaky moves, could Master squeeze out another win?

Or would he actually get killed?

Hey! said Ah Yi. Am I gonna die? He stroked the two completely different eyebrows on his forehead.

Yes, I said, succinctly.

Yeah, I know. He laughed bitterly, looking at the calluses on his fingers. These were calluses birthed by long, bitter training.

Everybody dies, I laughed. So youll die. Just not this time.

Comforting others is a lot easier than believing you will win, and makes you feel better too.

Lets make a pact to die together later, Ah Yi said earnestly, of sickness or old age. Okay?

Okay, I nodded. The longer the better. And for sure longer than three days.

Im definitely not gonna die, he said resolutely. After all, Im still a virgin.

Thats a good reason to come back alive, I laughed.

Definitely. Or maybe I should go visit the brothel over the next two days. Then I can die without regret. Heck, I could die a hundred times and be fine with it. He laughed.

When you put it that way, then Ive lost before I even started. I continued on desolately: Yi Jing has been stolen away by her foreign tutor. 100% gone. For me to go to battle now, I have to be super brave.

No way! Yi Jing loves you! he said, shocked. Even stray dogs and cats can see that.

[165] This technique is part of the Nine Yin manual. The translator of Legend of the Condor Heroes originally translated it as "Soul Altering spell," but I think my "Soul Shifting skill" is more accurate. Thanks to user 9dragons for pulling up the info about the original translation! Nine Yin manual: http://tinyurl.com/oawo4uq
    [166] Legend of the Condor Heroes is one of Jin Yongs most classic novels. http://tinyurl.com/n6fngz
    [167] Mazinger Z is a Japanese super robot manga and anime. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazinger_Z
    Last edited by deathblade; 02-14-15 at 02:43 AM. Reason: changing "Soul Transferring skill" to "Soul Shifting skill." fixed mistake found by Bludflag, deleted an extraneous period; I decided to change "calisthenics" dance to &q