Page 12 of 230 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: 盘龙 - Coiling Dragon, by I Eat Tomatoes (我吃西红柿) - NO SPOILERS!!!

Thanks Ren

Quote Originally Posted by Chiktikka View Post
    a question ... is this black dragon like in Chinese mythology or like eropean one like in Harry Potter etc?
    I want it to be a European one since they look 10x better but since the author is Chinese I'm going to assume its a Chinese one.

Thanks Ren

Since the author has already described the black dragon as having wings, this is clearly a European-type dragon! Chinese dragons are very, very rarely depicted with wings. Also, Chinese dragons are water-element creatures, whereas these dragons (incl. the Velocidragon) seem to be fire-breathers!
    Read the latest chapters of Coiling Dragon at Wuxia World!

These slightly older children werent as easy to cozen as those seven and eight year old kids.
    > Wow, this is a new word to me. Never seen it before!

How was it that Hadleys nonsense roped him into this conversation as well?
    >
    How was it that Hadleys nonsense had roped him into this conversation as well?

Immediately, all of the children calmed down and in a very orderly fashion, lined up into three groups.
    > my opinion
    Immediately, all of the children calmed down and, in a very orderly fashion, lined up into three groups.

Hillman said ina loud voice
    >
    Hillman said in a loud voice

成都 definitely 出美女! It's been a fun four days, and I got 26 left
    > Word to that. Have a good time!
    Current Translation: I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Recommended Translation: Heroes Shed No Tears

Quote Originally Posted by Zihera View Post
    I want it to be a European one since they look 10x better but since the author is Chinese I'm going to assume its a Chinese one.
    I have to object with you stating that European dragons look "10x better." Everyone knows Chinese dragons look better, although it's not by 10x but more like 3.5x-4x or so. Studies have proven this, so you should check your facts better next time.

Quote Originally Posted by deathblade View Post
    I have to object with you stating that European dragons look "10x better." Everyone knows Chinese dragons look better, although it's not by 10x but more like 3.5x-4x or so. Studies have proven this, so you should check your facts better next time.
    Truthfully I don't care about those facts, It's my own biased opinion and while reading I'm going to be imaging these dragons as such. I don't mean to be rude with what I just said but people have different opinions. Anyways I love you for translating Kung Fu, hows the healing coming along?

Quote Originally Posted by Zihera View Post
    Truthfully I don't care about those facts, It's my own biased opinion and while reading I'm going to be imaging these dragons as such. I don't mean to be rude with what I just said but people have different opinions. Anyways I love you for translating Kung Fu, hows the healing coming along?
    I'm kidding, man, there are no such facts. Heihei. Healing is ok. Only a couple more weeks and I can start moving my wrist again. Slowly but surely...

I'm kidding, man, there are no such facts. Heihei. Healing is ok. Only a couple more weeks and I can start moving my wrist again. Slowly but surely...
    Thats good, I can't wait till I hear more of masters stories.

LOL...
    That was a good one!
    I also often quote non-existent 'studies' and 'quotes' to support my own biased opinions...
    ... and it's more fun to do it with a straight face in front of gullible gatherings. LOL...

BTW...
    ( it's even more fun to mix in actual written or published articles )
    Do you repeat the stories about Asians being more intelligent than other races?
    Do you quote articles like this one? ... I get a kick out of them. LOL...
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...8190059AAF9Hph
    Last edited by Ahoxan; 07-29-14 at 04:03 AM.

But just at that moment, halfway through the childs words, Hillman, who had been lookingly slightly downwards as he collected his thoughts, suddenly felt a strange feeling.
    But just at that moment, halfway through the childs words, Hillman, who had been looking slightly downwards as he collected his thoughts, suddenly felt a strange feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahoxan View Post
    LOL...
    That was a good one!
    I also often quote non-existent 'studies' and 'quotes' to support my own biased opinions...
    ... and it's more fun to do it with a straight face in front of gullible gatherings. LOL...
    I never do that, to support my arguments with non existent studies and facts. Since my university days I have been taught to cite relevant articles and studies.

I'm not an English native speaker so maybe I'm wrong but I find it weird if the black dragon is like the dragons in harry potter story but it can coils ... I mean don't you need more than one loop on top of each other to call it a coil ... I just can't imagine that kind of dragon can coil it's body

Quote Originally Posted by Chiktikka View Post
    I'm not an English native speaker so maybe I'm wrong but I find it weird if the black dragon is like the dragons in harry potter story but it can coils ... I mean don't you need more than one loop on top of each other to call it a coil ... I just can't imagine that kind of dragon can coil it's body
    Western dragons don't necessarily conform to such rigid forms as Chinese dragons. With long enough of a tail or various anatomical features, I think it wouldn't have a problem coiling.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Dragon_Concept_Art_by_Daniel_Ljunggren.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/364/7/6/maleficent_dragon_abandoned_concept_by_j_scott_cam pbell-d701j9b.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/9a/ba/20/9aba206688b46c5aeaf4aab925775269.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://conceptartworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Dragon_Concept_Art_by_Devon_Cady-Lee.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/122/3/e/crystal_dragon__concept_art__by_mand4drawings-d63t6z4.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.armiks.com/windstone/MND_-_Dragons_Index_for_Windst/GRD-13__Mother_Coiled__Dragon_/GRWST-511BG.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://windstoneeditions.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/product_full/Scratching_dragon_blue_morpho.jpg')

maybe you're right ... I mean to coil you need bones and body structure like a snake ... but maybe that kind of dragon can coil using its tail or maybe it has flexible bones like snake ...

Doesn't the title refer to the Ouroboros when it mentions coiled dragon? And isn't a dragon with a snakes body not a dragon but a ...one of those, almost a dragon but still not quite there yet evolved snake?

if it's western dragons it might look like the ring in disney movie sorcerer's apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Rin007 View Post
    Doesn't the title refer to the Ouroboros when it mentions coiled dragon? And isn't a dragon with a snakes body not a dragon but a ...one of those, almost a dragon but still not quite there yet evolved snake?
    Are you talking about an imoogi?

It probably has something to do with the black ring linley found

Thanks Ren