Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Princess of LanLing King 《兰陵王妃》 - Andy Chen Yi, Zhang Hanyun, Peng Guanying

I wonder why two episodes were released today. I'm happy but it was so sad watching what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by yannlc View Post
    Guan Ying is such a rascal!

[Start]
    Peng Guan Ying's weibo post on 18.12.16 @ 17:06
    彭冠英 12-18 17:06

最近不会再发大司空和邕皇的照片了
    Lately I won't be posting Da Shi Kong or Emperor Yong's photos

你们要学会面对残酷的现实
    You guys have to learn to face the cruel reality

接受我的存在
    Accept my existence

[End]
    Thanks for the translation. Thanks so funny =D

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I have this sinking feeling that the screen writer is going to make the official ending open-ended and then tack on two different "epilogues." One epilogue will show Lan Ling Wang drinking the poison given to him by Gao Wei and "dying" so that it will appease SARFT rules about following history. However, the twist will be that he actually never swallowed the poison and hence survived, living the rest of his life with his Xiao Lian as happy commoners. The second epilogue will appease Yuwen Yong fans. Yuwen Yong will pass the throne on to Xiang Wu Chen, who will masquerade as Yuwen Yong for life. This is will therefore allow the real Yuwen Yong to shed his responsibilities as Emperor, allowing him to fulfill his promise to Qing Suo to leave the palace with her to live happily ever after as commoners.

I agree with everyone here; I am not too happy about open endings, with epilogues added in to appease fans. I would rather Qing Suo/Xiao Lian just make a decision between the two male leads, making one guy deliriously happy while devastating the other. It sucks for the losing guy, but that's the way it is in a triangular love relationship.
    click to show/hide spoilers
    Honestly, Yuwen Yong was very fortunate that he had managed to wheedle his way into Qing Suo's bed just before she had regained her memories, thus giving himself a slight advantage over Lan Ling Wang. As charbydis had pointed out in a previous posting, during that time period, it would have been shameful and unorthodox for Qing Suo/Xiao Lian to abandon Yuwen Yong after sleeping with him and run off with another man.

Obviously, a third possible ending is to just kill off Qing Suo/Xiao Lian, which would solve her problem of having to choose between two impossibly perfect, handsome, capable, powerful, romantic, and devoted men.

Or I guess option #4 is to have both guys agree to share Qing Suo/Xiao Lian. If women during those times can share a husband, I don't see why these guys can't share a woman they both love intensely and completely. Of course, I don't think either man is generous to that extent, so they will probably try to kill each other at every opportunity.
    I'm ok with multiple endings so the viewers get to pick whichever one they want. I watched up to episode 45, and it seems QS loves both men, can't tell who she loves more.

I read online studies saying a man's brain can love multiple women at the same time, but women generally love only one, at least love one man more.

They are both so good to her... And both so obsessive 😁... I can't pick

I'm done with today's tear-jerking episodes; it doesn't mean I'm saying that the ending is a sad or happy one. However, I'm content with the official ending. Small spoiler...

Separation in life means there's still hope, but separated by death means forever. I choose to believe in the last sentence of the final episode (even if there's no epilogue or alternate ending).

After all, this is the worst ever drama I've watched so far ) At first, I was deeply impressed with the beautiful image of Lan Ling Wang in trailers, so I did hope this drama to be worthy to watch, but I was dissatisfied.
    The title and the content of the drama are not relevant. Gao Chang Gong at the end died without marrying anyone, so no one was Lan Ling Wang Fei. At the beginning, based on the title I guessed the drama focusing on Lan Ling Wang and his wife, but actually the central characters are Yu Wen Yong and Xiao Lian. If the title were Bei Zhu Huang Fei (Queen of North Zhu Emperor), I would happily accept the plot without any complaint.
    In fact, scriptwriters even distorted the good image of Gao Chang Gong to highlight the role of Yu Wen Yong intentionally. Besides, there are too many illogical and not convincible details in the plot (Lan Ling Wang was called God Warrior but he usually acted without any plan and was easy to be captured by his enemy (?!?); or Yu Wen Yong was built as an expedient and complicated person who had great dreams, but at the end he could easily give away everything to be with Xiao Lian; or Xiao Lian had a profound childhood love with Lan Ling Wang in thirteen years, at first she even wanted to sacrifice everything to be with Gao Chang Gong but just for a simple reason of memory loss she could love another man so quick and later when her memory was back, she still wanted to be back with Yu Wen Yong without any feeling of regret or guilty to Gao Chang Gong, etc...).
    This is my evaluation for the drama: (maximum 5 stars)
    - Plot & script: 1.5 star
    - Starring: 4.5 stars for Chen Yi, 4 stars for Peng Guan Ying and 2.5 stars for Zhang Han Yun
    - Costumes: 4.5 stars
    - Music: 5 stars for both Bi An and Ying Huo songs
    - Scening: 4.5 stars
    - Post-production techniques: 3 stars

Well, here is my knee jerk reaction to the ending. Perhaps once I think about it some more later, I might change my mind. However, for now, here is my first reaction to the conclusion... And my thoughts might seem a bit scattered and incoherent, so I apologize in advance.

I am not sure I like the ending. I have always been partial to bittersweet endings, as they linger longer in my heart. However, I feel that this particular bittersweet ending is not quite the correct bittersweet ending for the Yuwen Yong-Qing Suo/Xiao Lian-Lan Ling Wang love triangle. I know that in a love triangle, it is inevitable that someone will be hurt, and life then goes on. In this case, however, I strongly feel that both men love Qing Suo/Xiao Lian so completely and selflessly that no matter whom she chooses, it will be a tragedy. There will be no happy ending here. And since there will be no happy ending, I would rather that they both lose her than to have one man hurt while the other embraces her with joy. I would rather that Qing Suo/Xiao Lian pass away peacefully with both men at her side. Her death would be a closure for all three, and each man can live on believing that she had loved him the most. I am being unfair and cruel to Qing Suo/Xiao Lian, right? But I can't help it. If she lives, there will always be pain for everyone in the love triangle. To be loved so deeply by one man is an honor and gift. To be loved so deeply by two equally wonderful men is perhaps a tragedy.

My thoughts on the ending were all over the place. I was really expecting a bbjx ending so there's closure but instead we have
    QS leaving YWY in the middle of the night and walking off in her PJ and without her shoes!! Then we get a voice over that seem to imply that YWY found QS and fake his death to spend his life with her.

I found this weibo post which seems pretty enlightening on the ending

"是三个人的爱情,三个人的结果。长恭失了一切,宇文邕失了清锁,清锁放弃了幸福。这是最坏的结局,可也是 最好的结局。"
    "It is 3 person's romance, 3 person's ending. Chang Gong lost everything, YWY lost QS, QS gave up her happiness. This is the worst ending but also the best ending. "

Which seemed to make sense until I saw LLW's 番外...
    LLW says "我明白了。你就是你,她就是她。" ie. "I understand. You are you, she is her. "

I do not understand!!!! SOS people! Help me understand!

Am now really curious to know YWY's 番外 cos it appears that the screen writer anticipated that they needed 2 endings to satisfy 2 camps...back in 2013/2014?

Does anyone have a link for today's special episode? The one I watched on YouTube this morning has been terminated. My sister hasn't got to see it yet.

I can't find Lan Ling Wang's epilogue either. How long is the epilogue suppose to be? If anyone has the link, please share. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I can't find Lan Ling Wang's epilogue either. How long is the epilogue suppose to be? If anyone has the link, please share. Thanks.
    It is a full episode, but only the first 5 minutes and last 5 minutes are new scenes, the rest is flashbacks. The link got removed from YouTube already.
    Last edited by hkstars; 12-22-16 at 01:11 AM.

Maybe it'll be on again next week when the second ending comes out.

Here's the link for the Gong Suo special ending. Watch it quick before it gets taken down.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWANJ3aX-E

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    Here's the link for the Gong Suo special ending. Watch it quick before it gets taken down.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJWANJ3aX-E

Thank you!!my sister doesn't get the ending either now that she also finished it. This ending made it sound like QS and Xiao Lian are two different people. So confusing. I still think it's the same person but she just chose to completely forget/ignore her past as QS and somehow recreated that scar or had the mom/aunt/master somehow undo it. I think since she chose LLW in this ending, she wants to completely forget about YWY and pretend like she never left the island.

Thanks for the link, hkstars! More MVs please!!!

Regarding the Lan Ling Wang epilogue:

I loved the beginning part of the epilogue, because I felt that Lan Ling Wang should get another chance at life. Of all three people in the love triangle, I thought Lan Ling Wang was the most pitiful. He just wanted to live a peaceful life with his Xiao Lian in the Valley of No Worries, but his mother placed the burden of her own ambitions upon his shoulders. His mother deemed the woman he loved unsuitable for his rise to power, a power he never wanted. Then his mother practically gave his love to another man. When fate interfered and took away Xiao Lian's memories, Lan Ling Wang was left behind, for she gradually fell in love with Yuwen Yong.

When Xiao Lian had called out Yuwen Yong's name in her delirious state, Lan Ling Wang had lost his will to fight, to survive. He fought his battles for his Xiao Lian, simply because of her rash words that she wanted to marry the man who could conquer the world. When he found out that she no longer loved him, he just gave up and allowed himself to be captured by Gao Wei's troops. I cried at his defeated spirit.

When the epilogue revived him, I cheered. But then the scriptwriters had to go and do something weird. That epilogue ending could only mean one thing...

At the Valley of No Worries, memories of Xiao Lian and what could have been flooded Lan Ling Wang's mind. Everywhere he turned, he saw her image. He saw her laughing, hugging him, promising him that she will marry no other but him. This place contained his most beautiful dreams, memories of a woman he could not forget. And in the midst of such memories, Lan Ling Wang started to hallucinate. The mind protects us in times of extreme stress. For poor Lan Ling Wang, it was better to retreat into a world where his Xiao Lian still belonged to him than to survive in a world where Xiao Lian had strayed. So in his mind, he conjured up a Xiao Lian who had faithfully waited for his return. The Xiao Lian with the childhood scar on her neck was the one who still loved him, the one who had never changed. She was not Yuen Qing Suo; she was his Xiao Lian. Poor Lan Ling Wang!

I really love Huli Guang. Even though he had little screen time, I admire his intelligence and capability on the battlefield and his loyalty to Lan Ling Wang and Luo Yun. I have always thought he would make a perfect couple with Luo Yun, and the epilogue did not disappoint!

Melanie, I liked your explanation of the epilogue. However, it just made me even sadder that now we think it's just a hallucination. I still want to believe it wasn't just a hallucination but that it was really her.

Here's a part of the story plot that doesn't make sense... In ep 47, QS left YWY and supposedly went to take care of LLW's mother, and then the epilogue picks up right after LLW's burial scene. In the epilogue, there was no mention of what happened to QS or his mother. So I guess if QS and XL were two different people, the mother is still with QS? Also, if it was just LLW's hallucinations then the real XL/QS left YWY for no reason because he's still alive and LLW and she will never meet again or QS will never know that he's still alive. I guess I'm just not satisfied with how they did LLW's epilogue. I'm glad he lived and gets to spend rest of his life peacefully with the real/hallucinationsistic XL but it's still not completely satisfying. Next week's epilogue better not be this confusing.
    Last edited by huaqiangu; 12-22-16 at 05:15 AM.

huaqiangu:

I suppose we, as viewers, should ask ourselves which "world" is reality and which is dream. Perhaps for Lan Ling Wang, reality is a world in which his Xiao Lian has faithfully waited for 3 years in the Valley of No Worries, dressed in her red wedding gown, longing for his safe return. If we interpret the epilogue from this perspective, then the entire drama is the dream state, and Lan Ling Wang has finally woken up to find his Xiao Lian right there waiting for him. Who is to say what is "real" and what is "imaginary"? It all depends on what our mind chooses to believe, right?

Yuwen Yong's epilogue will probably show us a different sort of "reality," in which he finally finds his Qing Suo and leaves with her. Wherever she goes, he will follow, for as long as she is by his side, then that is his reality.

I wonder... When all three wake up, will their realities be the same?

Second special ending was not what I expected AT ALL!! I'm SUPER MAD now!!

Quote Originally Posted by huaqiangu View Post
    Second special ending was not what I expected AT ALL!! I'm SUPER MAD now!!
    I was fine with the official ending, but when I heard about the epilogue, I let my hopes up, so now I'm even more disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by hkstars View Post
    I was fine with the official ending, but when I heard about the epilogue, I let my hopes up, so now I'm even more disappointed.
    Did you watch the second "special" ending?

Quote Originally Posted by huaqiangu View Post
    Did you watch the second "special" ending?
    I browsed through it and found no new scenes, so I didn't watch it from beginning to end.