View Poll Results: Who would win in a fair fight?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yue Buqun

2 22.22%
  • Ren Woxing

7 77.78%
  • Draw.

0 0%

Thread: Ren Woxing Vs Yue Buqun

Default Ren Woxing Vs Yue Buqun

Ren Woxing Vs Yue Buqun at the end of SPW

Let suppose Yue Buqun wasn't killed by Yilin at the end of SPW. If YBQ and RWX were having a death match, who would win? RWX has higher internal energy and better technique but YBQ has better speed and healthier. According to SPW 1984 with Chow Yun Fat as LHC, YBQ had a death match with RWX. RWX was winning the fight but got fire deviation and YBQ used the opportunity to kill him.

If I have to bet, I would bet YBQ would win but it would be a close match.

RWX. He is way stronger than YBQ. YBQ probably won't last long enough in a fight against RWX for his opponent to get tired to sneak up on him. If RWX wanted to kill YBQ, he would succeed either by martial arts or his wits.

Do not trust the 84 version. Go and watch the 96 version.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Zuo Lengshan beats RWX twice and YBQ beats Zuo Lengshan so logically speaking, YBQ would beat RWX. Isn't KHBD/Bixie the most powerful martial art in the story? If so, YBQ will eventually be better than RWX when he reaches DFBB level.

I have another question. I wonder how long is the period from the day RWX escapes the underground dungeon to the day of his death? My guess is only a few months or a year.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 09-21-14 at 02:25 PM.

Senior Member Mandred Skavenslayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Zuo Lengshan beats RWX twice and YBQ beats Zuo Lengshan so logically speaking, YBQ would beat RWX. Isn't KHBD/Bixie the most powerful martial art in the story? If so, YBQ will eventually be better than RWX when he reaches DFBB level.

I have another question. I wonder how long is the period from the day RWX escapes the underground dungeon to the day of his death? My guess is only a few months or a year.
    Then by your logic ZLS must be better than Fangzheng as RWX was able to best him, but we know this is not the case.

ZLS's 'victories' over RWX cannot be used as evidence of his superiority as the first time he survived due to blind luck and the second due to trickery. All they show is how lucky and cunning he is not how good a fighter he is.

RWX's superiority over ZLS can be seen in Shaolin Temple when ZLS admitted that if RWX wanted to leave the assembled masters might not be able to stop him. If ZLS could defeat RWX on his own then restraining him with so many power fighters on his side should have been no problem.

If it comes to a death match between RWX and YBQ my money is on the former for one simple reason, psychology. RWX is a man of complete confident with the ability to match, while YBQ is a petty coward afraid to face any real threat on a level field.

YBQ resorted to trickery to defeat ZLC, so I think his martial arts are still slightly below (or at best very slightly better).

RWX seemed to be a bit superior to ZLC by the same token, since ZLC had to resort to trickery also. It was very different from how Fang Zheng beat RWX through pure martial arts.

I'd say RWX is probably still better than YBQ.

Quote Originally Posted by tape View Post
    YBQ resorted to trickery to defeat ZLC, so I think his martial arts are still slightly below (or at best very slightly better).

RWX seemed to be a bit superior to ZLC by the same token, since ZLC had to resort to trickery also. It was very different from how Fang Zheng beat RWX through pure martial arts.

I'd say RWX is probably still better than YBQ.
    Tape, do you know how long is the period from the day RWX escapes the underground dungeon to the day of his death?

RWX is way better at internal and sword skill. YBQ only trump is speed, but his speed is not fast enough to beat LHC, who with DG9J was not able to best RWX at the dungeon. Since you mentioned "in a fair fight", YBQ stand no chance. RWX could probably even yell at YBQ to dizziness.

Quote Originally Posted by shortsight View Post
    RWX is way better at internal and sword skill. YBQ only trump is speed, but his speed is not fast enough to beat LHC, who with DG9J was not able to best RWX at the dungeon. Since you mentioned "in a fair fight", YBQ stand no chance. RWX could probably even yell at YBQ to dizziness.
    If this is the case then Bixie/Sunflower is way overrated. The whole story focuses so much on Bixie Sword Play as most people in the story think it's invincible but turn out it's not all that. There are plenty of people in wulin can beat YBQ and LPZ after they learn Bixie.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    If this is the case then Bixie/Sunflower is way overrated. The whole story focuses so much on Bixie Sword Play as most people in the story think it's invincible but turn out it's not all that. There are plenty of people in wulin can beat YBQ and LPZ after they learn Bixie.
    Don't think Bixie/Sunflower was overrated. The second best fighter in the novel used it (DFBB). It propeled LPZ from a nobody to fame.